Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

• Hi, to get rid of the ZFS signatures, run: (1) wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0d3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0c3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb1 (This will remove any signature BUT ext4 at the given offset on the given device) (2) After that run the following commands again: wipefs -n /dev/sdb wipefs -n /dev/sdb1 If there are still ZFS signatures displayed, run the following commands wipefs -b -o <newly-found-offset> -t noext4 /dev/sdb wipefs -b -o <newly-found-offset> -t noext4 /dev/sdb1 Continue with…

• Hi there, if the array is recognized, then the ZFS signatures on the member disks can not be the issue. How about the signatures on the software raid ? What is the output of "wipefs -n /dev/md127" ? Cheers, Thomas

• Hallöle, wenn dein RAID (/dev/md127) erkannt wird, dann liegt das Problem nicht an ZFS-Signaturen auf den einzelnen Platten, sondern an evtl. vorhandenen ZFS-Signaturen auf dem RAID Device. Was kommt raus bei: wipefs -n /dev/md127 Gruß, Thomas

• Take a look here: Cant mount XFS Cheers, Thomas

• WD Live TV not connecting to OMV

ananas - - General

Why not simply typing "wdtv" in the upper right corner (search box) ? Or just add "ntlm auth = yes" to extra options on the SMB/CIFS --> Settings Page. Cheers, T.

• Cant mount XFS

ananas - - General

I had a similar issue after upgrading from 3.x to 4.x. Issue was a ZFS signature on my 4 disks. Looks like the newer tools are a little bit more sensitive. Use "wipefs" (be very carefully) to remove the other signatures from the disk. I had to download and compile "util-linux-2.32" as the onboard wipefs told me it had removed the ZFS signatures, but it hadn't. Good luck, Thomas

• Let me answer this myself. blkid did not list the md raid, but lsblk did. blkid -p /dev/md127 gave a hint: /dev/md127: ambivalent result (probably more filesystems on the device, use wipefs(8) to see more details) man wipefs ... wipefs -n /dev/md127 gave offset type ---------------------------------------------------------------- 0x82fcbbefc00 zfs_member [filesystem] LABEL: pool1 UUID: 17414797601597129307 0x438 ext4 [filesystem] LABEL: data1 UUID: 870cef82-b75f-4c78-a111-213389d87c3f I can reme…

• Hi there, I just upgraded my OMV version 3.x (latest) to version 4.x After the final reboot the RAID5 array (md127) does not get mounted. /etc/fstab contains: ... /dev/disk/by-label/fs1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-fs1 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2 ... But there is no directory "/dev/disk/by-label" I can see my RAID5 array in "/dev/disk/by-id/md-uuid-1f0917e1:8db686f6:f532b32f:76597ae5" After: mkdir /banane mount -r /dev/disk/by…

• Sounds like NoScript, scripts allowed for the IP address but not for the hostname.

• New Cable Modem --> new MAC address. Is your provider aware of this ? Is your internet connectivity working with any other device ?

• Upgrade advice needed

ananas - - My NAS Build

... running a RAID-5 array with 4 * WD RED 3TB for 2 years now without any issue. (always on) SMART status is fine. But meanwhile the 4 TB drives offer a better capacity/price ratio. Cheers, T.

• Hallöle, ich selber kenne/verwende das Plugin nicht, aber die Art der Zahlendarstellung ("012,017") könnte als Oktalzahl interpretiert werden, lass einfach mal die führende Null weg, also "12,17" in das Feld "IP-Bereich" eingeben. Cheers, T.

• Und bitte keine Berechtigungen an einzelne Benutzer vergeben, erstellt und berechtigt eine Gruppe und packt dann den Benutzer in diese Gruppe, das macht das Leben soviel einfacher ... Cheers, T.

• Photorec is not the right tool but "testdisk" might be your friend. I don't know if it is included within systemrescuecd, otherwise download it from cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk . If recovering from a linux based system, mount your disk read-only. Good Luck, Thomas

• Permission issues

ananas - - General

What kind of "network modifications" ?

• Permission issues

ananas - - General

Don't be afraid of using ACLs. Everywhere in the forum you will read things like "Don't use ACLs.. Use privileges..." I have a couple of shares and for each share I created a group with read and one with read/write permissions. (e.g. share="music", group "music-rw" has read/write permissions and group "music-r" has read-only permissions. Then simply add the user(s) to the required group(s). I had no issues so far with SMB/CIFS, FTP and NFS. Cheers, T.

• Installation HP Microserver Gen8

ananas - - General

Mahlzeit, die beiden hinteren USB-3 Ports (blau) sind zum Booten ungeeignet. Ich habe damals zum Erstellen des USB-Sticks sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager verwendet. Wohin willst du eigentlich OMV installieren ? (Festplatte, SSD, USB-Stick) und wo ist der/die/das angeschlossen ? Ist der Onboard SATA Controller im RAID oder im AHCI Mode ? Und welche ISO Datei hast du zum Erstellen des USB Sticks benutzt ? Cheers, Thomas

• HPE Proliant Servers

ananas - - My NAS Build

Folks, you can create any kind of array you like but as there is no free linux driver available for the B120i (pseudo) raid controller you will always see your physical drives and not, as expected, one logical drive. Either buy a real raid controller or go with MD. Cheers, Thomas

• Good and simply idea, but it won't work ... I installed OMV on a harddisc while it was attached to my desktop. Plugged the disc in the headless device and the network never came up. Take a look at your "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules" Here you will find an entry for each NIC the system has ever seen. eth0 is the NIC in your dekstop and you have configured it during setup. Put the harddisc in the headless box and udev daemon will add another line for the new NIC which will become eth1,…

• need help installation of DVB Card

ananas - - General

To compile the driver, you will need to install the compiler+friends. ssh and: "apt-get install build-essential" As you're going to compile a kernel driver, you will probably need the kernel header files. When using the backports kernel, you can install them via "omv-extras", else ssh and: "apt-get install linux-headers" I hope, I didn't miss anything, else let me know ... Cheers, Thomas PS: Don't know if you need the media package with or w/o the firmware