Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 100.

• I don't see that we had the same problem

• I have notice something long time ago which is bit annoying but strangely doesn't affect the operation Jun 05 17:50:28 nasbox systemd[1]: Starting Mount ZFS filesystems... Jun 05 17:50:28 nasbox zfs[2123]: cannot mount '/mnt/storage': directory is not empty Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: Failed to start Mount ZFS filesystems. Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Unit ente…

• console user

fumantsu - - General

The "pure" gone that on openmediavault you done most of the staff from the gui and you don't need to go through do changes on the files. In my cases tasks which I run on the console because either are faster or more convinient are apt-get upgrade (I'm afraid the gui time that can break the initramfs) or mostly docker commands for updating the containers with newer image versions. So from my understanding of the answers is that having a user or running as root doesn't give some value.

• console user

fumantsu - - General

Well it is not a matter how I do it, it is a matter of functionality. I guess that guys didn't make a process ask for creation of user specific for the console for some reason or logic

• console user

fumantsu - - General

Hello to all, I would like to get the opinion especially from guys in that working on the development. From time to time I use the console to do some tasks that either the GUI don't have or works little different that I expect. Right now I'm using the root user but it is quite known that it is not a good practice but.... we are talking about openmediavault and not a pure linux system So I would like to ask if it worth/good etc. to continue use root or it is better to create a user and when it is…

• python bug, solved but don't sure for which version. On OMV4 is 3.5.3 bugs.python.org/issue29519

• The title says deleted, the subject during transfer.... hmmmmmmmm

• Encryption support plans?

fumantsu - - General

Quote from datruche: “So a summary of this thread: User A - can we have file encryption please? OMV - Na, it's too complicated to decrypt user B - two open source tool Encfs or Ecryptfs that just work on Debian/OMV OMV - Can you elaborate? user B - elaborated OMV - Na, we care for closed source OSes only User B - here's some toolsfor Android, Mac and Windows that use Encfs OMV - Na, one is closed and may even require a fee. Friends, please help not dropping on this case. ” From your whole statem…

• Yes and the reason was because I didn't sent it to the store (which was quite far away) but directly to WD for replacement under warranty.

• I got one RED after I destroy mine in the first days ( ). Still working perfect after 3 years. General rule with HDDs, you never know...

• NAS is not a backup device itself and I think this is what you need to understand. It is a way to have available files on the network from a centralized point with a centralized management. If a NAS device will have RAID etc for speed/high availability etc. it is a different story. There are NAS devices with one drive.

• Probably there is something with your configuration. I had to install from scratch again 5 days ago and samba configuration worked almost immediately and also all other plugins (docker, etc)

• I have notice this when the media (HDD, mount point or external) is not visible all the time.

• Backports Kernel Not Updating

fumantsu - - General

Interesting that I reach this one. Yesterday I had a clean setup as I replace my mainboard after 1,5 month and I notice as well that the backports are not visible.

• Case for NAS?

fumantsu - - My NAS Build

Fractal node 304 (which I'm very happy) or the "upgrade" Core 500.

• Custom notifications

fumantsu - - General

Now, it works.... and my script also The issue is 1000% the extension. Perhaps the README file needs some small adjustment just to mention it.

• Custom notifications

fumantsu - - General

nope. I got the test email but the file wasn't created on tmp. The script I put it on /usr/share/openmediavault/notification and as well on /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d. owned by root, execute set. btw: I'm using 3.0.80

• LUKS encryption only SHA1 ?

fumantsu - - General

OpenMediaVault for many plugins is using the default settings which are working without issue as this is the target and also be less complicated. Of course further customization can done but only from CLI. Mostly the link which I provide was to understand why LUKS is using by default this and why is not broken for this use as people think (except if the developer is stupid). From official FAQ gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptset…/FrequentlyAskedQuestions section 5.20

• LUKS encryption only SHA1 ?

fumantsu - - General

Check this one: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cryptsetup/+bug/1275380

• Custom notifications

fumantsu - - General

I guess so. Based on next paragraph I made it: Additionaly the scripts/executables are executed with the following commandline arguments:$1 The path of the file containing the message text (OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE)$2 The FROM email address (OMV_NOTIFICATION_FROM)$3 The TO recipient email adresses (OMV_NOTIFICATION_RECIPIENT)That's why when I execute it as ./test.sh $OMV_NOTIFICATION_FROM I got nothing. Same as 'echo $OMV_NOTIFICATION_FROM'