Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Why should you use or not use dockers

davidh2k - - General

@raulfg3 What kind of GUI is that in your last picture? Greetings David

• Plugin Docker

davidh2k - - Plugins

Quote from daniel_t: “can someone tell, how to setup container? ” OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage It can be very confusing at first, take a look at @subzero79s Guide. Greetings David

• There seems to be a lot that went south. Did you reboot after upgrading your system? Greetings David

• What is the output of journalctl -xe and journalctl -l. Greetings David

• Quote from Swampy: “Is there any way of getting them off the system now, so the error message stops coming up? ” You can uninstall them by running apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-shellinabox openmediavault-usbbackup openmediavault-route openmediavault-netatalk. Greetings David

• Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

davidh2k - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from M0rpheus: “Hallo. Ich benutze ein Raspberry Pi 3: 4.9.80-v7+ #1098 SMP Fri Mar 9 19:11:42 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux Gestern habe ich ein Upgrade von OMV3 (OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img.xz) auf OMV4 mit omv-release-upgrade durchgeführt. Nach anfangs Schwierigkeiten (z.B. "502 Bad Gateway / nginx") habe ich es geschafft auf OMVGUI zuzugreifen. Bis jetzt laufen alle meine Dienste ohne Fehle, kurzer Test. Ich habe aber ein Problem nach der Ausführung apt-get update: Brainfuck Sour…

• Quote from MatrixG: “I'm trying to undestand if my configuration could be succesfully migrated to the new openmediavault release ” If you install from scratch we advise to save /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and have it available when you reconfigure your new installation. Copying this file to your new Installation is not advised. Quote from MatrixG: “I would like to detach the 80GB HD and then add two new 80GB in mirror configuration on the mobo. ” Any specifics why you want to migrate to a mir…

• Just as added information: Quote from aroundmyroom: “2. I do access my device from various sources where I am not able to use the key ” Curious to know which devices you access it from, that render you unable to use a cert? Quote from aroundmyroom: “1. I do not want to have my SSH available towards my NAS with PWD from the outside (so right now port 9999 (example) is forwarded to 22 where the SSH of OMV is. Port 22 cannot be used as another device is already using this. (this happens if you have…

• omv-extras.org down?

davidh2k - - General

Up and running again. Greetings David

• omv-extras.org down?

davidh2k - - General

Working on it. Greetings David

• forum not working?

davidh2k - - Off-Topic

Quote from cabrio_leo: “I welcome the fact that a moderator of this forum offers a reasonable information about the proceeding regarding this issue finally: Why is this website temporarily broken? IMHO the information policy has some room for improvement. ” We just didn‘t figure this out much earlier. It also took the hoster a really long time to even realize that this was an issue for our Project. Greetings David

• We're currently in the process of getting rid of this issue once and for all. The current issue is, as stated on the OpenMediaVault Facebook Page, that the Hosting provider has an artificial limit for the database host. That limit is reachend within 20-30 minutes of an hour, thus the forum stops working after that. Greetings David

• Trackback error in omv email status

davidh2k - - General

You've been hacked. Your root password is exposed! There are multiple entries (relatively new, November '17 to January '18) found for that site. It seems to relate to a mining botnet. I'd recommend a reinstall of your system to be in a safe heaven again. Greetings David

• Smb simply not working?

davidh2k - - CIFS/SMB

Are there any other Servers or NAS Systems running in those Networks? I experiencied issues if you had more than just one Server running. Greetings David

• Quote from tkaiser: “Password policy enforces root passwd change the first time root logs in either locally or via SSH ” Sounds for me like the way to go. Quote from tkaiser: “permit root login set to NO by default (done on every ARM image currently except Raspberry Pi) ” Be coherent. Don't make it behave different on different platforms. Quote from tkaiser: “default root password is set to openmediavault (default now) ” Not sure what is the way to go here, I'd suggest it to be openmediavault an…

• Which TV tuners?

davidh2k - - General

Quote from elsmandino: “Thank you - really helpful/interesting response. ” You're welcome Quote from elsmandino: “If I went down the route of a SAT>IP Server, is it impossible to decrypt any scrambled channels, even if I use a USB Smart Card reader? ” From my knowledge, real SAT>IP requires dedicated SAT>IP Set Top Boxes that have a Smart Card Reader onboard, but you have to a have a smart card for every STB. I mean, I'm just running a single Tuner on my NAS right now, but accessing it from two …

• How I can get my shares from internet?

davidh2k - - Network

Quote from Jaime: “The reason I am asking is because when I try to forward port 443 to the nas, I lose complete connection to my router. ” Consider to forward port 8443 to 443 internally. That shouldn't render your Router inaccessable. Be aware to connect to port 8443 from the outside then. Greetings David

• impossible to reach SMB or Minidlna

davidh2k - - General

Quote from jallo2405: “And After sme digging, discovered that Windows 10 is incompatible with samba 4.2 ...whitch is installed on my OMV!!! ” Curious to know where you picked that up. Greetings David

• Which TV tuners?

davidh2k - - General

Quote from elsmandino: “DVB-S is probably the way to go as there are more channels and they are (supposedly better quality). ” Yes, surely DVB-S2 is the better Quality, despite DVB-T2 now offering 1080p instead of 1080i... Quote from elsmandino: “Whilst I have looked at SAT>IP servers ” If you look at them you should've noticed that you still need SAT/IP Receivers and need to decrypt encrypted Channels on the Client, while with with DVB-S2 tuners you can decode drecrypted channels with the help …

• Run apt-get -f install via commandline and if you encounter the question about the openmediavault package, type n to not replace your config file. Greetings David