Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 815.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

The one thing I found was when unbound was running directly on OMV, (like I had done ) OMV could not do dns resolution.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “I was assuming that the OMV host IP (where unbound is installed) would have to be DNS server. ” AAAHHHH!! I think you have something there Sherlock so replace 127.0.0.1 with the ip of omv, but what would you set omv's dns to if using a static ip.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

My only other thought is to run this directly on the Pi and leave Docker alone, but install it from cli on the pi and leave the omv install as it is.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “did you use your OMV server's IP address? ” No I followed the doc, so I had it set as 127.0.0.1, but that obviously doesn't work, because if I flushdns on W10 then I get the dns probe error. I found this doing a search, that sort of makes sense by using a bridge option.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “You installed unbound "inside" the Docker, or on your OMV server? ” On the OMV server...not another cock up!!

• Apt Update and Apt Clean

geaves - - Network

Quote from macom: “Had to look this up ” Uk saying

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “Quote from flmaxey: “I think the first thing I'd try is a new DNS server (IP address) or two. ” I've just read this and bookmarked the link, more config ” Ok just done that, seems to work except for OMV DNS, doesn't matter what I try apt update fails, but dig google.co.uk works!!

geaves - - Network

RTFM!! First before making changes...I was following this got to the dig part... no dnsutils installed, that's where it went pear shaped. Now I've got that got that sorted and started the service all I have to do now is work out the dns entry for OMV!!

geaves - - Network

Never mind I'll go sit in the corner, I should know better!!

geaves - - Network

Just tried router ip same.

geaves - - Network

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Definitely a DNS issue. ” I would agree, static ip, tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

geaves - - Network

This is a first for me! Source Code (86 lines)

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “I think the first thing I'd try is a new DNS server (IP address) or two. ” I've just read this and bookmarked the link, more config

• Ok lets enable the settings in General and DHCP, if your clients are set as 1 week in your router this won't be a problem need the output from service dnsmasq status and cat /etc/dnsmasq.d/omv.conf The fact that they are timed out could a network problem, but they can talk to the router! EDIT: From your picture there are two settings to enable General and DHCP Settings if the DHCP Settings is not enabled then the DHCP server is not running....result request timed out

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Have you had any issues regarding Pi-Hole? What happens sometimes is if I refresh a page the page hangs with the message in the bottom left resolving host.....then the page stops with the message dns_probe_bad_config. If I look at Pi-Hole GUI you get the rotating cursor as if for some reason it has restarted, but there has been no update and the log doesn't appear to show anything. It always comes back up, it's just there doesn't seem to be any reason.

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bccomp ” Quote from trohn_javolta: “Any ideas how to fix that? ” The php uncaught error appears to trigger the rest of the error and is related to something regarding the drive...but searching for that error reveals little on how to correct it. TBH, if this was me I would have given up and started again, in respect of updates I have a habit of initialising a few at a time, so if there is a group of php then up…

• Quote from HelixRoweda: “Where is the mistake, please? According to OMV, the two fields must not be empty, but I would still like to access my own data via SMB. ” Ok you've installed Nextcloud which I assume works, why do you want access the Nextcloud data folder via SMB?

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “The bathrooms, which really need work, are going to wait until next spring, possibly until next fall. (There's nothing wrong with them other than being ugly and tired looking.) ” Same as ours, they are both fine, just tired they have both had a lick of paint but they need a complete refit and redesign, the young couple over the road are doing their en-suite he's run into all sorts of problems. Plumbing, heating pipes he's cut through because they haven't run through the floo…

• Quote from vedatorkun: “Quote from geaves: “Well that looks Ok, but what I did (see your second image) I checked the option Recursive (Apply permissions to files and subfolders) to the AppData share, that was the only way I could get the Heimdall data to appear in the Heimdall folder under the AppData share. ” image.ibb.co/hG31TV/Screenshot-14.jpg The problem still continues ” That image and the error it displays has something to do with this I have personally never encountered this so I'm not s…

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “Right now I just wanted to hook up a spare external hdd via usb and use it just to store and playback movies. ” Quote from Adoby: “USB for HDDs is bad. I avoid it. USB2 (HC2) is bad AND slow. Might work for backups, but that is all. ” I had a brain 'fart' last night and going back over this to the first post most SBC's do not 'play nice' with USB HDD unless the USB is powered i.e. has it's own power source.