Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 49.

• I have stuffed something up when trying to install Docker in the Plugins, or maybe it's just a coincidence. For some reason, when I run the df command now, I get a Filesystem coming up as colon separated list of bindings to my Union-FS drive mount? Anyway to shorten this as it makes it hard to read the df output? Also, more worrying, is I also get another Filesystem mounted to /var/lib/docker/openmediavault for some reason? This is the one I think I stuffed up when trying to get the Docker Plugi…

• Interesting, when I rebooted, I was able to set the new Base Path fine with no errors. I then tried changing it to another path, and then it threw the error again, and even when i changed it back it threw the same error. I'm going to reboot and try setting it again and not touching it this time. Yep, I didn't touch it the second time and seems to be alright now.

• Ok, thanks for all posting, but can I have the idiots version please? What do I do to set the docker base path so I can try it out?

• Ok, so what's the best way to do this then, as I want to try to set up some Docker Containers but I won't have enough space on my OS drive? Is it good practice to remove the noexec flag on my data drives? Thanks

• RE:

gabs247 - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “I believe your issue might be that the drive has noexec flag. Is it ext4? If you need to change the noexec flag permanently go to the wiki in my signature you can information on how to change this correctly” PRobably, I'll take a look after I put the kids to sleep, thanks

• Ok, first stupid mistake fixed...I should have known that you just need to use the --reinstall flag to get it to reinstall the missing lib files: Source Code (1 line)Just need to figure out the docker problem somehow...

• Good news (NOT) in trying to remove the /var/lib/docker folder so that I could symlink it to another location as specified here: Move Docker Base location issues I've now accidentally (IDIOT) deleted my /var/lib/openmediavault folder! Please tell me there is a way to recreate this as I've killed OMV now, and of course, I didn't have a backup

• Hi, I'm really struggling here. I can't seem to find anyone with the same error that I'm getting, I think I've corrupted something. I get the following: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? I read something that said that the Shared Folder location can't be on the Union FS, so I tri…

• Thanks, i did come across that post about it moving but didn't pay enough attention to it. 4.x is not released yet though? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Ok, it appears it's been created in /srv...so I assume this is something different in either OMV or Debian upgrade? I will look into it, now I have all the old UUIDs in /media and this new union that I had to create in /srv...not a real pain, as I had created links to them to make it easier for me to remember anyway (data1, data2, parity and storage - this being the union). Unforutnately, I've had to pretty much redo most of my settings it seems but it's refreshed my memory on how things work ag…

• Ok, a restart cleared up the errors, and I've been able to recreate all my Share Folders and CIFS/SMB Shares and it seems to be accessible. However, I still only see the old UUID under /media, and I don't see the new UUID there? Is it somewhere else in this version? Can I somehow fix this (remove the old one, and create a new one) under /media? cheers

• I tried to Upgrade from 2 to 3, and was left with a number of errors in the config.xml file it seems. Obviously, I didn't remove enough old plugins or something, but I've been able to get through most of them so far, since most other people had the same errors already. However, I'm stumped at this one. I have the following error: Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems/filesystem[uuid='04509fb2-f275-42f0-ac8…

• Guide to install on Deb 8.x Jessie?

gabs247 - - General

Hi, I've botched an Upgrade from 2 to 3, and trying to get it working I started removing packages...now I've removed OpenMediaVault entirely. I've been upgraded to Jessie, but reinstalling OMV Erasmus isn't wokring using this guide, I get "Failed to fetch... " errors? I don't want to do a clean install just yet, can I still try to proceed somehow? Cheers

• Help with Postfix

gabs247 - - General

Hi, I've never had the Notifications working in OMV 2 and thought it was time to see why. I thought maybe it was the firewall or something. In the end, I created a new gmail account to send emails from, as I found that I had to allow Gmail to Send eamils from Insecure Apps. I was then able to get emails coming through using the following settings: - smtp.gmail.com - 587 - SSL/TLS So it appears it wasn't the firewall blocking it, but Gmail I also added some /etc/postfix/main.cf settings - inet_pr…

• Just noticed this post, and had a quick look: wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Main_Page Cool, I think this will be very useful to build upon. If I don't write things down, I forget them very quickly, and I know I'll be caned for this but I prefer a guide/wiki to searching a forum for answers

• Home NAS Advice

gabs247 - - My NAS Build

And I think I've fixed the problem that somehow manifested itself from a simple reboot. I never setup a Static Lease for my media server on my router, just seemed to always get assigned the same IP address... So considering it didn't look like anything was broken, I thought I'd try doing that. So I setup a DHCP Lease on an IP out of the DHCP range, and then used omv-firstaid to set that IP address up on the server. Voila! (Although I had another head scratching point when it wasn't work as I had…

• Home NAS Advice

gabs247 - - My NAS Build

Ok, in my rush to check it, I hadn't plugged the other end into the router, the lights are working on the network port, phew! But still OMV is not coming on the network, and I still can't see an IP address

• Home NAS Advice

gabs247 - - My NAS Build

Ok, so I keep meaning to do a Backup before something goes wrong, and now AAHHHHH! I was following this Guide: Headless Backup of the System Drive with Clonezilla When I rebooted, my system would not come back on the network. Tried another reboot, and another but not coming back. Couldn't see it on the network at all??? So I took it down, hooked it up to my old TV, and it boots up, phew. But then thought, WTF is wrong? I just don't understand, when I do this ip addr show eth0 or eth1, the state …

• Configuration Backup

gabs247 - - General

I keep meaning to do this, but my excuse is someone is using the server when I have time If the Image is backed up to the NAS (or worst case backed up to an External HDD) and my OS drive fails, can I boot into Clonezilla and restore an image from the NAS itself (or the External HDD), via SSH or do I need to hook the server up to a monitor/keyboard/mouse? Sorry if there's an obvious answer...

• Home NAS Advice

gabs247 - - My NAS Build

Thanks for the response. I've attached it here. I was keeping root as owner, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing really. I have a user for me and one for my wife just to access the files from our devices and also I was trying to setup a folder for us to upload photos/videos from our devices (to auto backup). It was sort of working, but I seem to have screwed up the permissions for plex now I was thinking that our users didn't need to have write access to these folders, except for uploadin…