Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Configuration Backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ravennevar: “However, it will not connect when using Putty even though it has a static IP. ” When you boot into clonezilla, it is using dhcp not the static ip you set in when it is running OMV. The note under the install Clonezilla button says: - IP Address will be set by DHCP. Using static DHCP is recommended for headless servers.

• Forum Error Report

ryecoaaron - - General

Read problem #4 - Solutions to common problems

• I'm sorry you went through all that pain but reverting back to the 4.9 kernel is not necessary. You do need to make sure backports (button to do that in omv-extras) are enabled to get the latest virtualbox package that is compatible with the 4.18 kernel. You also don't need to enable the community and pre-release checkboxes (these are for the omv repo only). So, what I would recommend is: install OMV 4 fully update install omv-extras enable backports make sure everything is up to date (click apt…

• Built-in backup fails

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Adoby: “It would be great if OMV added some functionality so that you can set a flag somewhere and reboot. And during the reboot a clean full snapshot of the root filesystem is created. Or restored. ” This would require the OS filesystem to be btrfs or on LVM or something with snapshots. I suggested this a long time ago. You can install OMV with the Debian ISO and use btrfs for the OS filesystem (like some of the arm images). Then you could manually use snapshots like you mention. Quo…

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “No, I upgraded from debian jessie to debian stretch using omv-upgrade. ” I'm sorry but iIf your system has php 7.2 on it, you at least upgraded some components to buster. There is no php 7.2 in stretch backports. Quote from trohn_javolta: “I'm running omv on top of armbian os. Debian buster isn't avaiable via armbian stable. ” armbian is Debian and uses the normal Debian repos. All it would take is an additional entry to sources.list (or another list in /etc/apt/source…

• docker install error

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Then you should be able to use the second to last version 4.0.1 on bintray too.

• Error message when adding a repo

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Nixda: “Not sure. Somehow this way it did not work (instead I updated beforehand). Cannot fall back, so I can not check again. ” I don't expect you to test. Just letting you know that the version in the repo is the exact same package that is on github.

• You probably upgraded to buster (Debian 10). Your system is a mess and I recommend starting over.

• OMV3 Image for RP2/3

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Chrisso: “Not looking up upgrade to OMV4 yet as some key add-ons and not available (sickrage. etc) ” OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• Strange NFS issues with ESXi hosts

ryecoaaron - - NFS

Quote from chuckado: “no issues in the past two weeks, thanks for the kernel change suggestion! ” glad to hear

• docker install error

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from liquidJiggy: “Any suggestions? ” The plugin requires docker-ce. So, the plugin would have to be modified (potentially a lot of places especially after the recent 18.09 changes). You could try the omv 3.x plugin that still used docker.io - bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…openmediavault-docker-gui

• Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “but i wont have a GUI, so i'll have to destroy the raid with command lines and i don't know how to do (i guess you already realized i'm a bit noob in linux ) ” cat /proc/mdstat will show you the array name (probably still /dev/md0) and the drives that are in the array. Post this output if you want help with next commands. mdadm --stop /dev/md0 will stop the array mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdX will wipe the array info from the drive specified (replace the X in sdX with one …

• Error message when adding a repo

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Nixda: “You need to update the omv-extras from github ” Why? It is in the repo.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “I got an old usb key to boot on it, how can i find a easy rescue CD ? ” system-rescue-cd.org/

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “I tried that a couple of times and for some reason the settings would fail....like changing the custom dns entry first I tried 192.168.1.40#5353, then 192.168.1.40#53, saving after each change, then after your comment to not add the port reference 192.168.1.40>>>Save only for it to reappear as 192.168.1.40#53. The same happened when I tried to alter the dhcp scope, made the changes>>>Save but it displayed the previous settings, it was as if it was ghosting. Even cleared the b…

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “So run the plugin on my Pi and not on the main OMV box. ” No. I am saying don't use the dnsmasq plugin at all. Enable DHCP in pi-hole. Settings -> DHCP lets you enable it.

• Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I doubt you need to automate this task. That list is the 13 root dns servers. I think they have only changed a couple of times in the last couple of decades.

• There is no way to do this from the web interface but if you can do it from the command line on a Debian system, it will work on OMV.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “Yes I am, and the only reason is because my isp's router does not allow a dns entry only ddns....this is looking more toward using the Pi for Pi-Hole and maintaining OMV's DNS plugin on the my main OMV box. ” Why not enable dhcp on your pi-hole box? I am. Then you don't need the dns plugin.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “umount /dev/md0 give no answer ” That means it unmounted (that is the Linux way - message on error). You should be able to stop the array now.