Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

• Hey guys, I run OMV 2.1 with 4 HDDs. On every HDD there is one SMB share. I wanted to move some files from one share to another, using Windows Explorer. But it seems like the transfer is running via my local PC, since I only get like 25MB/s. I thought the NAS should be moving the files internally on the NAS. Can someone explain, if there is a faster method? I know Windows shares support internal operations like this. Thanks sheng

• Can't install GRUB on /dev/sda

sheng - - General

Quote from flvinny521: “I had the same issue; simply install as you normally would from the USB with all other data disks detached, and when you get to that failure message, there should be an option to cancel or go to the installation menu (I don't know the exact wording). Simply remove the USB installation drive at this time, and choose the option in the installation menu that corresponds with installing GRUB, and it should complete the installation successfully.” OK, I will try it now. Last q…

• Can anyone help me with this Error Message? I followed the guide, then i activated MySQL, set an directory and Password, then I get this message: Source Code (17 lines)

sheng - - General

Quote from raulfg3: “detach all data disk and keep only boot disk (sda), for my experience grub failed only if try to install whith my data disk connected, once grub is installed, you can atach data disk and all works / boot fine.” I have removed all data disks, as it is recommended in several howtos. Only SATA0=Crucial M4, USB= InstallMedia. I tried to connect a USB CD-drive and install from that - same issue. Then I took the DVD-Drive from my main PC and connected it to the Server via SATA-por…

sheng - - General

Doesn' work, same issue.

sheng - - General

Quote from davidh2k: “Can you burn an oldschool CD-R? It seems your PC tries to install GRUB into the USB Stick you're using to install your system. Greetings David” Alright, I will try this. Takes about 10 Minutes

sheng - - General

Hey, I am (trying) to return to OMV, bit I run into some problems during installation. Setup: ASUS P8P67-M - LATEST BIOS Pentium G850 8GB RAM SATA0 = Crucial M4 64GB (AHCI) Installation runs smooth until it says "GRUB could not be written to /dev/sda". After this I tried this Source Code (11 lines)from here wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Installation But it reports "/usr/sbin/grub-setup: Fehler: hdo enthält ein ufs2-Dateisystem, welches bekanntermaßen keinen Platz für einen DOS-Betriebs…

• Re: Can not create filesystem

sheng - - General

Thanks for the reply, I was in a hurry and just created GPT and the ext4 FS via Parted Magic on my Desktop. OMV works fine now with this. I think either it didn't work because the partition table was not present, or it ran into a timeout. Parted Magic took like 3 or 4 minutes to write the 3TB ext4 partition.

• Can not create filesystem

sheng - - General

I tried to create new filesystem. But a wipe and the cration itself failed: can someone please tell what the problem is?

• Re: SMB Share very slow transfer speeds

sheng - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Install the backports 3.2 kernel. There is a button to do it on the OMV-Extras.org page.” May I ask why? What improvement will this provide?

sheng - - CIFS/SMB

Here it is. The CPU Load is stable at around 50% during transfer.

sheng - - CIFS/SMB

Source Code (9 lines) Source Code (4 lines) The command cat /sys/block/md*NUMBER*/md/stripe_cache_size doesn't work. What means md? 0 or 127 doesn't work. I found the command for tweaking RaidArray. I do not use Raid. Oh and the version of course: 0.5.24

• Falls es jemanden interessiert. Die Platte hatte einige defekte Sektoren.

• SMB Share very slow transfer speeds

sheng - - CIFS/SMB

Hey, I am running OMV from an SSD, 4GB RAM an an AMD C60 CPU. asus.com/Motherboards/C60M1I/ My Network is ALL Gigabit, Router, everything. Although I am getting only speeds like 40 MB/s even on huge files. I had a normal desktop linux on m yNAS build before I switched to OMV. There i had mostly like 80 MB/s with the same hardware Setup. Can someone explain this?

• And here is the Syslog: Source Code (36 lines)

• Nach einige Zeit ein neues Update. Ich habe mal das Log ausgelesen, da der Fehler schon wieder kam. Ich hänge das Log hier an. Kann das jemand hier interpretieren? Mir fehlt leider das KnowHow. Here is my update on the error. It occurred again so I found the log an posting it here. Maybe someone can translate this. i don't understand this. Lack of knowhow. Source Code (60 lines)

• Also so wie ich das sehe, sind die Datei-Berechtigungen gar nicht das eigentliche Problem. Windows gibt halt nur dumme Fehlermeldungen aus die Noobs wie ich falsch interpretieren können. Tatsächlich ist es wohl so, dass beim Kopiervorgang oder auch wenn ich Ordner mit vielen Inhalten anzeigen /kopieren möchte, das NAS aussteigt. Scheinbar bricht hier kurzzeitig die Netzwerkverbindung zusammen. Eine Fehlermeldung von einem robocopy Befehl war "Fehler 64, der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht mehr…

• Ich möchte ja nicht löschen, ich möchte kopieren. Löschen geht problemlos.

• Source Code (2 lines) Source Code (6 lines)

• Re: ATTN: ALL USERS HELP

sheng - - General

I did it! Lol, never knew that one can rate sourceforge downloads...never took the time to read anything on this website instead of green download buttons. I feel a bit bad about it.