Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As root: du -d1 -h -x / | sort -h This will show you the folders in the root directory that are using the most space. If you want to see more in the most used folder (/var for instance), then: du -d1 -h -x /var/ | sort -h

• Looks like: fsck.ext4 -f /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-openmediavault:raid9disks mount -a

• Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “and it's still referenced but i have nothing in shares ” Make a backup of the system and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Then look for the drive in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and remove it.

• Quote from ala.frosty: “I'm not sure if this matters, but the "OMV-Extras" was NOT in the default list of plugins on the 4.1.3 DVD and I had to download it from omv-extras.org. ” That is correct. omv-extras has never been included with any official OMV release. It is on the OMV arm images because we build those. Quote from ala.frosty: “Both of the "Backports" "traffic lights" are lit up on the dropdown. ” They aren't lights. Just icons that I picked to differentiate between them. They don't indi…

• Forum Error Report

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ala.frosty: “I think the forum error message would be an ideal place for that message #4 to appear. ” Unfortunately, Volker has said it can't be changed.

• Quote from Agricola: “Do you mean shared folder ACLs? ” Yes. Quote from Agricola: “Can you please explain why? ” Because they are a terrible afterthought added to Linux to try and fit the Windows permissions model. Quote from Agricola: “I have found that in life the devil is in the details, and little things like ACL settings can mean the difference between success or failure in setting up a home NAS. ” Not sure why. I have using Linux as a samba server (and more) for over 15 years in home and p…

• Quote from danieliod: “How can I make it load automatically? ” All of that "should" make it load automatically. Your journalctl output isn't much help. Maybe your storage isn't ready when docker is starting?

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “That's a bummer. I don't understand why I can't just tell omv to us php 7.0? I read in debian stretch different php versions can run in parallel without problems. And with update-alternatives --config php I chose php 7.0 as default version. So why can't omv just use it? ” OMV explicitly puts its configs in the /etc/php/7.0 directory. So, having the other packages on the system aren't the problem. The toolkit probably altered other files because it wants to configure a …

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “That sury.org/php line?..Damn...I did not add this. It could only be Atomic-Toolkit: github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit I guess.” Technically you did add it. That toolkit looks like it takes over an install which is very bad for OMV. This is why running things in docker is much better because it doesn't add tons of things to your OMV install. So, I stand by my original statement that you need to re-install to fix this mess.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Install the openmediavault-resetperms plugin and it will add a tab - Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders -> Shared Folders in Use. It will show you where it is being referenced.

• Huh, those are php 7.2 packages built for jessie. Those definitely didn't come from a Debian repo. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

• Configuration Backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ravennevar: “What steps should I take to revert the Clonezilla installation (i.e. revert the changes made by clicking "Install Clonezilla" under OMV-Extras), including the grub changes? ” rm /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla rm /boot/clonezilla*.iso update-grub

• Configuration Backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ravennevar: “This could be the issue. I am running OMV on a PowerEdge T30 server with Xeon 1225v5 (Skylake, LGA1151) and 16GB ECC RAM. ” I am sure that system (skylake board and NIC) is too new for the old clonezilla image. I tried getting the new Clonezilla images to work completely headlessly but never succeeded.

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “I checked sources.list and all files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and nowhere is a buster entry.. ” What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

• Configuration Backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ravennevar: “Yes, all my equipment have static IPs set by DHCP in the router. ” Is your static DHCP set by hostname or mac address? If it is just hostname, then this will fail since it changes to clonezilla. Quote from ravennevar: “So Clonezilla does load, but I need to set the above (and a few more screens) every time I reboot into it. Again, this is when connecting a monitor/keyboard to the server. Even after that, I still cannot establish an SSH connection. To me it seems like Clon…

• OMV3 Image for RP2/3

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Chrisso: “Not sure what the issue is but its "state" is "dead". ” Did you use an armhf specific docker?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “he don't allow me to delete (delete button is inactive) ” Then that shared folder is probably still being referenced by plugins and/or services.

• Help with WiFi Driver (Update)

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from BackWoodsTech: “I'm happy to either move this discussion or start a new one in the hardware sub-forum. ” Keeping it here is fine. It does sound like you have a valid use case. Did you try the idea in the post I linked to?

• Your sarcophagus has been opened. lol

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “i got n/a in all collumns, and missing in statuts, i can't remove it in web client , there is a way to do with command line ? ” Does it say it is referenced? You should be able to delete it from the web interface if it is not referenced. If it is referenced, delete the shared folders using it (you will have to remove those shared folders from the services if they are in use).