Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• Add disks to raid

blo - - RAID

Regarding sidenote: Quote from Dennis: “The first common misconception is, that RAID is giving you security. The second is, that RAID is a backup. Both is not true. ” From here. Can't help you with the first question tho.

• Snapraid install fails; no raid0 persistence

blo - - Plugins

Thank you!

• RAID Array Creation Failure on RPi3

blo - - RAID

Hello, Goal: To make a RAID5 NAS and seedbox out of 3 usb sticks after HD died on RPi3. When trying to create a RAID5 array on the web interface with USB sticks I encounter following error: Source Code (1 line)Details are the following Source Code (11 lines) Please do not mind that the array consists of USBs. I will replace them with HDDs as soon as I can create the RAID5 array. At the moment I am lost here. - Should I create the array via command line instead? - If not then what might be the is…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I wasn't thinking. ” Happens to the best of us Quote from ryecoaaron: “it takes SOOOOOOOO long on an RPi and no one uses snapraid on an RPi. I will see about compiling it though. ” It is not a priority atm but would be a nice feature. Thanks!

• cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list output: Source Code (7 lines)looks OK AFAIK

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It can handle raid. I just have seen too many problems with it and any problems with raid 0 would cause all data to be lost. ” I'm not really worried about data loss at the moment but rather in proof that raid can be created. Raid0 or 5. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Did you try the apt clean button in omv-extras? ” I totally missed that. Tried but to no avail. Installing snap gives same error Quote from ryecoaaron: “You don't use snapraid with raid arrays typically. ” Indeed i…

• > Please don't use usb raid on an RPi. Yes, I know it only has usb. I was sure hoping it can handle raid > Why are you creating the raid array outside the web interface? Due to the fact that: 1. Cannot install snapraid 2. Once raid was created from RAID Management, there was following output: Source Code (13 lines)

• Hello, TL;DR; Raid0 fails after reboot. Snapraid fails to install even after omv update Source Code (3 lines)Goal: To make a RAID0 NAS and seedbox out of 3 usb sticks after HD died on trusty RPi3 Fails: - Array persistence after reboot. most probably PEBKAC. Please see RAID0 creation commands below - Snapraid plugin installation Source Code (6 lines)I have added the UUID of the array to fstab, but not quite sure either if it's correct. Just in case will bring it up here as well Source Code (1 li…

• 3.0.47 Plugins Aborting

blo - - Plugins

Similar issue with 3.0.41 where trying to DL snapraid 3.2 from web GUI returns following error: Source Code (3 lines)I've spent couple last days to implement flash raid0 (stripe) on RPi3 to no avail. Any input is appreciated.