Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 560.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mine shows python --version Python 2.7.13 for what it is worth. What caused it to upgrade to that? I have almost no plugins if any.

• Network gone after update

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

Same setup as I have. I did install some time ago so have done sequential updates. Not sure if that matters. Since you got it working it's not a big deal. If you try in a new vm and it happens again post enough info and I will try and see if I can reproduce it.

• Network gone after update

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

I have not seen anything like that. What are you using for network? I use virtio.

• Try snmpwalk -v2c -c public 10.0.83.1 change public to your comunity name and ip to your omv name or ip. Should stream a lot of text. Look for other disks. Can't remember if I had to install any other packages. dpkg -l |grep snmp ii libsnmp-base 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7+deb9u1 all SNMP configuration script, MIBs and documentation ii libsnmp30:amd64 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7+deb9u1 amd64 SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) library ii openmediavault-snmp 4.0.4-1 all OpenMediaVault SNMP (Simple Network Management…

• Does OMV support dual CPUs?

donh - - General

Of course it does, it is debian based. If you are looking to run virtual enviroment I would highly recomend proxmox instead. Look up the difference of type 1 and 2 virtualization.

• ldap plugin - import from AD

donh - - Plugins

I don't know if it is the only way. It is just what I found to work for me. It would be interesting if you can do it without. I did not see anything like that when I was trying to figure this out.

• Try apt-get install -f.

• Better questions get better answers. Details matter. Depending on the hypervisor and type of disk chosen it may only use the actual space used anyway. You might be able to clone it to a type of disk that thin provisions.

donh - - Plugins

I have a script in this thread that should help. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ Try it in a vm and see if it works. Let us know.

• Ldap users not connect windows SMB/CIFS

donh - - CIFS/SMB

The plugin is not the best way to do this anymore unfortunately. Have a look at a couple of newer tools to make it easier. forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-Sumary/ Hopefully sssd and or realmd will make it into the plugin someday.

donh - - Plugins

What kind of ad server?

• Ldap users not connect windows SMB/CIFS

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Do you see users in the samba share permissions? Did you give users or groups permission?

• I run OMV in proxmox and it works very well. I manage the disks with zfs under proxmox. Then assign to OMV as needed. Seems to avoid issues with zfs under OMV. Snap shots are very handy too, if an update causes problem just roll it back. ECC is a good thing but seems not as required for zfs as it once was, or so they say. I use ecc anyway. Don't know your server but you may be able to add an hba and disk array to get more disks. They are getting cheaper as they come to the end of lease and more …

• With the hardware you have you might think about running OMV virtualized. OMV runs well on proxmox and does not use a lot of resources. Letting you be able to run other services too.

• Error. id -G '' no such user

donh - - General

How did you set things up? What type of domain server? forum.openmediavault.org/index…ve%2Bdirectory#post180760

• Configure OMV 4.1.3 with AD 10000+ users

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from donh: “sssd has been trying to improve speed for some time. I don't know what the limit is. ” At work, we use sssd connected to LDAP (sync'd from AD) with more than 10k users on Linux systems. Works well but we never try to enumerate all of them into a paginated web interface. I do have a couple of sssd Linux systems connecting to AD and while it seems to be just as fast as LDAP, it is very problematic. sssd has to be restarted at least five times a week. This …

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Again I have not used this with more than 100 users and 5 groups. "OMV is not designed to manage 10000+ users." Managing users and groups is not my goal. That is better left to the various ldap / ad servers. sssd enumerates the users and groups for access rights to the shares. That is all debian and not depentant on OMV code. It works great for me. The speed is the question with 10,000 users. sssd has been trying to improve speed for some time. I don't know what the limit is. The only way to kno…

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I don't have 10000 users so take this with a grain of salt. I use sssd instead of winbind. It is a much newer way of doing things. I have a script in this thread that works for most windows ad. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ You might have to tune it for 10000 users. Also see this forum.openmediavault.org/index…highlight=ldap#post180760 Please let me know if you find anything that should be in the script.

• How to resize sytem partition

donh - - General

You can use a live cd and boot your vm. Then resize the partition. Practice on a clone first.