Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from MacPi: “And just alike the commands it does not work, as wlan interfaces aren't supported by bridge-utils ” Believe what you want to believe and continue on layer 3 while you need to do this on layer 2. I use various SBC as wireless/Ethernet bridges (even tested on the RPi but there in a different mode for a reason) just usually not those with close to unusable Wi-Fi like the RPi (2x2 MIMO and 5GHz band is nicer)

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “What would you like me to post? ” Still Source Code (2 lines)Quote from geaves: “Etcher takes care of everything ” SD Formatter's formatting is rather useless when an image is burned directly after but it also TRIMs the SD card so doing this from time to time is a great idea.

• Quote from macom: “it might be worth a try to keep a dynamic IP ” The static IP address is configured on the DHCP server so everything's fine. Anyway, not enough information to proceed (even stuff like 'how did you burned the image?'...). The 'official' way to set up things would be Source Code (3 lines)If it still doesn't work no idea...

• If the password has not been updated maybe rootfs is read-only due to filesystem corruption (dmesg | grep only)? Did you burn the image with Etcher with active verify or in another way?

• Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

tkaiser - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “I need to install docker and familiarize myself with it ” And think twice about using Google's DNS as 'some tutorial' suggest if your use case (Pi-Hole) is about privacy. Handing out everything what happens in your local network to Google is most probably not exactly what you want in this case.

• Quote from MacPi: “can't add wlan0 to bridge br0: Operation not supported ” The interfaces are active so how should this work. This is from your link: unix.stackexchange.com/a/363347

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “But it doesn't like my password for root. ” Well, it's the one you changed before when you logged in locally. In case you don't remember you can edit it on another machine (/etc/shadow) but in such a situation I would better start from scratch, do not run omv-first-aid but only activating root login via ssh and provide the requested information.

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “nothing network related is functioning ” Not even a ping to your router?

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “No network connectivity on the Pi so can share/txfer anything ” Yeah, silly me should've thought a bit more. In case you're somewhat familiar with editing files via CLI: Source Code (2 lines)And in sshd_config change PermitRootLogin no to PermitRootLogin yes. Then please provide output via an SSH session.

• So you got a local root shell with display/keyboard connected. Great. Can you please provide output from Source Code (2 lines)(uploaded to pastebin.com for example since too large to be pasted here)

• Allo Sparky SBC

tkaiser - - Motherboards

Quote from Grandav71: “Maybe it's compatible with Raspberry software? ” No, it isn't. It's just as slow as the older RPi due to Fast Ethernet. If you find a somewhat decent Debian 9 OS image for your board you can install OMV on top of it.

• Error with static ip on rock64

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from geaves: “I'm slightly confused here with your reference to ayufun, I always assumed you created all the ARM images ” See forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/23508 please. There are tons of OMV images somewhere on the Internet, most of them performing poorly. Those from ayufan for Rock64 and Rock64Pro perform great and also contain all the stuff that's part of the Armbian based images (automatically UAS blacklisting problematic USB disks, the necessary kernel tweaks and performan…

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from geaves: “However, why is it then when a user applies a static ip address such as @Nefertiti it automatically adds that address to the /etc/network/interfaces and not to /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 ” Because of OMV's way of handling this. @votdev decided to write directly to the interfaces file and I would assume the OMV x86 image also directly writes to this file when the installer sets the system up. The ARM images where OMV can be considered just an 'application running on top' u…

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from Nefertiti: “I think I followed your instructions ” I would start from scratch, do not fiddle around somewhere in the filesystem and simply assign a static DHCP lease on your router as already suggested to you in another thread. If you want to fiddle around on Linux boxes to configure stuff there you need at least some knowledge how it's done. Hint: editing /etc/network/interfaces (Debian's ifupdown mechanism) is something from the past. This for example is a good tutorial how to deal …

• Quote from MacPi: “Previously I refrained from using bridge-utils as I read they can only bridge dual ethernet or ethernet to wifi but not the other way around ” "Bridging" is bridging. Happens on layer 2 and just works. All you did before was on layer 3 and is something entirely different.

• Quote from MacPi: “bridging it's ethernet-port to a network printer. ” 'Bridging' happens on network layer 2 while all your attempts were one layer above (TCP/IP, NAT, routing, iptables). Simply create a bridge device, then the printer behind the Ethernet port will appear in your LAN with its own MAC address (getting hopefully an DHCP lease from your router, in case you configure static IP addresses on the printer take care that the printer is not in an own netrange but uses the one you use in y…

• Flashmemory plugin

tkaiser - - Plugins

Quote from eskimos2000: “I do not see zram working as well something wrong? ix.io/1qqT ” If you do a simple string search for 'zram' in the output you get tons of occurrences so why do you believe zram isn't working and why do you believe you need to fiddle around with 'Flashmemory plugin'? That's zram (and its usage since it is 'swap' to a compressed block device will appear as swap usage in the UI) Source Code (13 lines)Wrt 'Flashmemory plugin': for whatever reasons it's not active on your ins…

• Slow Write Speed on Raspberyy Pi 3 b+

tkaiser - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from INDIVIDUUM: “Sorry i meant 10 MB per sec ” So everything as expected on an RPi (I mentioned the readme for a reason BTW).

• Quote from eskimos2000: “I have similar situation and as a noob it is not clear for myself how to expand it ” Just to be clear: In the past the OS partition on the ARM images was 4 GB in size (to allow to use the remaining space as an own data partition which is otherwise impossible). In 2017 we started to increase this to 8 GB not since the software would need it but to easily spot users who still use dog slow and old 4 GB SD cards. You most probably will be pretty fine with those 8 GB even if …

• Slow Write Speed on Raspberyy Pi 3 b+

tkaiser - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from INDIVIDUUM: “I only get a maximum of around 9-10mbits ” Mbits/sec or MB/sec? If MB/s then everything as expected. There's a readme at the download page explaining things and linking to details.