Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

wouterve - - General

Quote from brotbox: “Thanks for the quick answer. That sounds good. To be honest, I have to read myself a little bit, as the guide assumes more basic knowledge than I expected at first^^. Maybe I will simply get nextcloudplus(pi) via docker. I was already enthusiastic about the ncp panel. Do you think this would run on our h2/XU4q: ownyourbits/nextcloudplus-armhf or must it be special for arm64?^^ ” I really doubt this will work for odroid. This sit ementions it's compiled for rpi. So most proba…

• Clean install OMV4 on odroid XU4q

wouterve - - General

Quote from macom: “Have a look here: OMV4 on ARM boards (kind of a how-to) ” Ok perfect, installing a clean OMV3 and doing the [i]omv-release-upgrade [/i]will do the job for me. Thanks

wouterve - - General

Quote from macom: “Isn't the XU4q the same as XU4 just with a passive heat sink? I would try the image for XU4. sourceforge.net/projects/openm…lt/files/Odroid%20images/ ” Yes, it is but these images are all for OMV3. Aren't there any images for OMV4?

wouterve - - General

Hi, I've bought an Odroid XU4q and now I want to install Openmediavault on it but I don't see an image of it on Sourceforge. How can I install it anyway? Install armbian first and then Openmediavault or do I burn an OMV3 image first and then perform update? kr, wouter

wouterve - - General

Quote from brotbox: “Hey, Thank you in advance for your guide. I've read it would also be possible with php 7(.2). I would like to install nc13 on my odroid hc2 with omv4. My plan is to install nc12 first and then update to 13, but unfortunately I am a beginner with linux,php an omv. I would be very happy if someone could give me the commands to run it with php7 and I could then upgrade to nc13 (Pre-Installation Steps 1a and if more customization is necessary) Many thanks in advance ” Why would …

• Hi, thanks for this useful information. Regarding the Odroid HC1/2: my current setup consists of 3 usb harddisks so I really need seperate usb ports. So the XU4Q seems the most adequate option in terms of connectivity and performance (I'm also running nextcloud on it which sometimes leads to cpu throtling when doing some tasts simultaneously.) In regards to writing speeds; I guess that my current network is the weak link. Here is my set up: - 100 Mbit - wifi speed: 30 Mbit down / 5 Mbit up (meas…

• Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading my current setup (Raspberry 3 PI) to something with Gigabit/usb3. Technically, the Odroid XU4Q seems a good choice (must be silence since it's in my livinug room, hence the passive cooling version). I'm just wondering wether It is a good choic in practice? As i've read in this forum there were problems with the wiring of USB3 ports (posts dates from mid last year so maybe this has been solved already). Also, when upgrading: I've learned you cannot transfer the co…

• OMV3 can I upgrade to PI 3+?

wouterve - - General

Quote from Nibb31: “Why would you "upgrade" to a device that isn't suited to be a NAS. If you want to upgrade, look for something with proper USB and gigabit Ethernet. ” Any suggestions? The PI is indeed slow to transfer files to but ideaal to stream video and music from. Was also looking for Pine/rock64 but not sure about support. If I switch, I want something well supported and gigabit/usb3 with comparable prices to PI.

• OMV3 can I upgrade to PI 3+?

wouterve - - General

Hello, I see that the newest images for OMV3 are compatible with the latest Raspberry PI3+. So I'm wondering wether I can use my current installation (which has all the updates) and install my sd-card in a PI3+. Will it be compatible? kr, wouter

wouterve - - General

Quote from wouterve: “Quote from Stramm: “In LE the web root is /var/www/openmediavault/ the domain your noip domain In nginx extra options the server_name is your noip domain. The rest as described in this thread. ” Yes, i've done it in that way. Only other thing i have changed in nginx options is the access permission for the '.well-known' directory otherwise i received a 403 permission denied error.I added these lines before generating certificate ; (Hidden Content) ” Okay, I had made a stupi…

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

wouterve - - Plugins

You have to allow access to the folder /well.known. See my earlier post above

wouterve - - General

Quote from Stramm: “In LE the web root is /var/www/openmediavault/ the domain your noip domain In nginx extra options the server_name is your noip domain. The rest as described in this thread. ” Yes, i've done it in that way. Only other thing i have changed in nginx options is the access permission for the '.well-known' directory otherwise i received a 403 permission denied error. I added these lines before generating certificate ; (Hidden Content)

wouterve - - General

Yes, I have a domain from no-ip. I've set it in the server_name in nginx and in LE (certificate name and domain. Meybe i've overlooked something.. I'll take another look this rvening

wouterve - - General

Yes, also my opinion.. I think i've made an error with the servername/domain. This needs to be the same in your nginx conf and let's encrypt plugin i think? Is there something else i need to pay attention to before generating a certificate?

wouterve - - General

've created it through the let's encrypt plugin but i needed to adapt my nginx conf manually. Enabling it in the webgui did not activate it properlly.

wouterve - - General

I'm receiving this error upon enabling ssl: (Hidden Content)

wouterve - - General

Quote from Stramm: “That shouldn't be from interest as you usually use NC with a certificate. So scroll down to ssl and change the port here. ” Is it possible to use the same certificate as for openmediavault? Now i receive an error even if i change port to 8443.

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

wouterve - - Plugins

Ok silly error from my side: My nginx configuration was wrong. Should be: (Hidden Content) Thus without acme-challenge directory, otherwise LE did not have permission to create this folder. Now it workt to generate certificate. thanks.

wouterve - - General

Quote from Stramm: “Quote from wouterve: “How could you point to nextcloud through an addition to your url? Eg: openmediavault: domain.com (port 443) nextcloud: domain.com/nextcloud (port 8443) (not sure whether separate ports are necessary but I think so) ” You change the port in the nginx config (nginx plugin -> server tab) ” Could you be more precise? I see you can choose between 'port based' or 'name based', should i choose the latter and give it the name "nextcloud"?

wouterve - - General

Quote from tinh_x7: “It's in the config.php in your NextCloud dir. Source Code (15 lines)” I've tried so, but it doesn't work. In my opinion the port on which nc is listening to must be mentioned as well?