Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 851.

• Quote from MarcTremonti: “Quote from geaves: “Well it looks Ok, I would prefer to run that than a cron job for clean up....you could run it and report back ” thanks for the feedback! you prefer "--cleanup" or a cron job? dont want to get you wrong. ” This is the cron job which was posted by another member Source Code (1 line)yours looks simpler.....the KISS approach does it work?

• Well it looks Ok, I would prefer to run that than a cron job for clean up....you could run it and report back

• raid5 disk failure.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from gelo: “Many thanks for every help. ” I've read this a couple of times but I know I can't help I have not dealt with how you have your raid set up, but I can see the cause of the error. You have set the Raid 5 with 3 disks, and you have set this using LVM -> /dev/md0: UUID="B3qaTb-2Tbj-Lmny-jE54-ibhh-ypeB-0b4Gcf" TYPE="LVM2_member" The output of your mdadm.conf -> ARRAY /dev/md0 metadata=1.2 spares=1 name=zuhause:Raid UUID=90ac7b52:dad73430:43e23631:dd5d0bab shows there is a spare. ->?…

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

I've looked at using another router, or even the Huawei HG612 the modem previously used to connect FTTC as it has a dhcp option, but this is the part I can't get my head around. DHCP will issue a client with an ip, subnet, dns, and gateway -> which is how the plugin works, and how I've set up dhcp within schools. With isp router's and bought router's with dhcp options their ip address is the gateway so there is no option in the dhcp settings for a gateway ip. If I place something behind the Home…

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “The router is the DHCP server and the DNS proxy. The router forwards DNS requests to the Pi-hole/Docker. Pi-hole forwards to unbound, on the OMV host. ” Your router obviously allows you to do that, but the BT Home Hub, is a complete lock down, it's plug and play for the masses my option would be to set DNS on each device leaving the satellite stuff alone. I have one other option, after a b'band problem last week I removed the Openreach modem which was originally used in fron…

• Adding a Wi-Fi interface

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “Daaaaamn. I never would have guessed (USB) Wi-Fi was such a big issue ” Only on Linux

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “So i don't entirely know what I'm doing, but those posts did seem helpful. What sort of next steps should I consider taking? ” Basically what you're going to have to do is to download is the binary and build the driver, like you must have done before but you got errors when you ran make this the only way you're going to get this working. The problem you could run into is that link is for kernel 4.10, so will it work? -> don't know, that brandon bailey had a last commi…

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Option 3 whilst being a pita static ip addresses could be set for everything, except the satellite equipment. All the laptops, ipads, iphones could have static ip's, or go back to the router dhcp but assign pi-holes dns ip to them, except for the satellite equipment. The problem with my isp's router is the router is the best isp provided router on the market, but like all isp routers it's plug n pray so there are no networking settings to change, other than the ip address range. Most user's who …

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

1 Forward 2 Back!! Had to go back to OMV's dhcp, my 2 satellite boxes won't connect to pi-hole's dhcp this could well it transmits *(it's ip address) as their computer name....angry ip scanner also doesn't detect them. They operate a 5Ghz mesh, even though they connect either by ethernet or wifi, that's the best part of the day gone

• OMV 4 Docker "Dead"

geaves - - Plugins

forum.openmediavault.org/index…31cbb429434eed9c14d6a602e How many times have heard that

• OMV 4 Docker "Dead"

geaves - - Plugins

Have you enabled docker ce in omv extras before installing the plugin

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Ok have reinstalled Pi-Hole and set up dhcp, that works however unbound and pi-hole are becoming more difficult resolve. 1) In the unbound pi-hole.conf changed the port to 53 from 5353 as per the doc 2) Tried changing the custom dns to omv's ip 192.168.1.40, this is where it goes pear shaped, if I enter 192.168.1.40 hit save it appears back as 192.168.1.40#53 This still does not work for me, still getting dns_probe error, Enter the custom dns -> start unbound same dns_probe_bad_config Enter the …

• OMV 4 Docker "Dead"

geaves - - Plugins

Quote from Chrisso: “I've followed the tutorial: ” You should try these guides by @TechnoDadLife they are more recent.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “Come on... ” I knew you were being helpful, but you went for 'the bait' though Today will be reconfigure day, I'm determined to get this sorted!! I don't like feeling defeated

geaves - - Network

This post also quite long as it references a later kernel 4.10

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “which I guess hasn't gotten support for the rtl8822bu chipset inside my new dongle. ” That is what is needed, Ok you obviously know what you're doing I found this last night read through from page 2 as it lead to this page from post 15 I don't know if that will work but worth a try.

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “Its pulling up the keyboard I'm using and the USB drive I'm running omv off of. ” It should also give you information about the wifi dongle.

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “The device is a WAVLINK Nano AC600. ” That could like finding a needle in a haystack....Ok what's the output of lsusb

geaves - - Network

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “and it requires a device name, ” Ok would mean it has not been installed if it's the same as this image forum.openmediavault.org/index…31cbb429434eed9c14d6a602e what's the make, model etc of the wireless dongle?

geaves - - Network

Ok that's a start, got to System>>>Network>>>Interfaces>>>Click on the Add drop down, and select WIFI, does a WIFI interface display (btw that may or may not work, wireless is not the preferred option for a nas)