Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

• Plex service not recognised

lukyjay - - Plugins

Yep Easiest is to use the Debian package on forums. I wish they'd add it to the plex.tv download page for subscribers, but oh well.

lukyjay - - Plugins

I have found the Debian package, for those who run in to this problem: forums.plex.tv/discussion/48865/debian-package/p1

lukyjay - - Plugins

Hey, I have installed Plex then followed the instructions to update. Using the PlexPass package for 64bit ubuntu, it appears to have killed the service and is instead symlinking to an upstart folder, as you can see from this command of ls -l: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Aug 23 18:35 plexmediaserver -> /lib/init/upstart-job I had to install the Ubuntu version as there is no Debian version listed on the web site for plex pass users: plex.tv/downloads?channel=plexpass Now I have no idea how to start …

• Oh that sounds quite convenient actually, must be how corporate and public networks configure there's. I've never tried that before, but yeah you're right, you'd have to configure OMV on an alternative port first

• Not sure what a transparent proxy is to be honest, what are the benefits of running on port 80?

• Quote from tekkb: “You will be OK. Let us know this weekend how it goes.” Hey where you set up the shared folders to give plugins access to your directories, is it better to have one for the root of my storage? Or better to have one per folder? Currently I have one for my entire storage. I wasn't sure if it would be better to have one for TV, one for Movies, one for Owncloud etc.

• Quote from tekkb: “Biggest suggestion, if something is not working ask for help on forum before you mess with tons of settings.”

• I might put this on pause for a little bit. We've really tried a lot of different things and it doesn't seem to work. As it works for other users like yourself, it may be a configuration issue. On the weekend I plan to reinstall OMV and start from a fresh install to ensure everything is working pristine. Any suggestions on what to do when I do this reinstall, mainly in relation to the permissions on my media?

• Quote from tekkb: “@ lukyjay cd /media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db chown -R emby:nogroup emby Also make sure the /etc/init.d/emby is using emby for RUN_AS and nogroup for RUN_GRP. You should not be messing the initscripts. Here is link to the init script for reference: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…b/master/debian/emby.init Then try...” Same error with access denied. Is it possible I need to run chown on the media also? I'm worried by doing this that Sabnzbd and Sonarr won't be able to…

• Quote from tekkb: “Is your ffmpeg in this location? /media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db/emby/ffmpeg/20150331/ffmpeg This folder should have been moved: /media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db/emby/ffmpeg It does not run because the data disks are mounted noexec The plugin normally moves this folder to the system drive and leaves symlink in the old location.” Quote from tekkb: “cd /media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db/emby and give results of: ls -la” I thought this would work b…

• Quote from shadowzero: “I meant by misconfiguring the proxy and not being able to reach the web GUI. Sorry for the confusion on my part.” Wouldn't you have to set it to port 80 for that to happen? I think it would be safer as a plugin, that way we can control what settings can be configured by the interface

• Quote from tekkb: “Try this: cd /media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db chown -R root:users TV Give results of this: id sabnzbd Also, are any other files playing OK?” Still no luck root@nuc:/media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db# sudo chown -R root:users TV root@nuc:/media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db# id sabnzbd uid=1000(sabnzbd) gid=100(users) groups=100(users) root@nuc:/media/c1a0b79e-e049-4412-8668-c1963a2b91db#

• Hey, I don't see how it's possible to lock yourself out of OMV doing this. This isn't a firewall at all, it's an optional proxy. Your devices will work if they don't use this proxy, its an optional proxy. Only devices configured to use it will do so. I appreciate your input but am not sure I understand how this could block someone out of OMV?

• I CHMOD'ed it to 0755 and went back to Emby and the file still won't play; Source Code (9 lines)

• Quote from tekkb: “You could use nfs. Why don't you change directory into a folder where a file you are trying to play and run the state command on that file. state filename Give results so we can see what mess is going on. What you are doing in the emby.conf is nuts. Your media shares need chmod 755. That is it. The last 5 is read for all other users. You are messing with way to much. The plex and emby users are used to run the working directories for each service. You should not be changing th…

• Hello Open Media Vault community, There is a thread for suggestions on what should be made in to a plugin. In this thread I have mentioned that I think Squid Proxy is a good idea, and others agreed however asked for how I set it up so it can be converted in to a plugin. I would say I'm average skill level in linux, and absolute novice in Open Media Vault, so please excuse my steps below if they seem a bit choppy. I'm certainly happy for your feedback. Step 1: Gain access to your server SSH in to…

• Quote from tekkb: “ACL is not dangerous. It just does not work very well and the way you are using it is not it's intended purpose. You can create a new media share and then the subfolders. Then move you files over to the new subfolders. I can't talk more now. Busy with my kid.” I hope your kid is okay I really dislike Samba, but have tried this method to see if I could get it working. Every time I try move files from the old share to the new share through my notebook it moves at around 500kb/s …

• Quote from tekkb: “You should not be using ACL for a media folder. There is no reason for this. Also, the data drive you are using should be ext4 or xfs.” Hey, my filesystem is XFS. I don't understand why I should not use ACL? Initially when I installed Sonarr, it wasn't able to move or arrange my files. I used ACL to give it read/write permission to my media and now it can. What is a better way of doing this if ACL isn't ideal, and why should we avoid ACL? Is it dangerous? I don't want to lose …

• Hello, I have recently installed the Emby plugin however I'm not able to play a show I wish to watch. This is the error I can locate on the logs when I try: Source Code (18 lines) It repeats this same error multiple times for some reason. I have tried to give emby permission to the file. I added emby to the users group and given both emby user and users group permissions through ACL to the video. Source Code (3 lines) Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

lukyjay - - Plugins

I've installed Squid proxy on my box to use it as a cache and speed up web browsing. It was very easy to set up. There should be a plugin for this.