Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Remove the backports line(s) from /etc/apt/sources.list

• If you have rebooted, the process can't have it locked anymore. I would remove /var/cache/debconf/config.dat (or copy it to a different location) and try dpkg --configure -a again.

• OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Bonecracker: “i know, and thats unfortunately the case for me... ” So, what is the problem? You don't want to run DHCP on OMV? If not, that is fine but you need to run a proxy dhcp server somewhere that points to the pxe server. You could always turn off the dhcp server on your router and run the dhcp and pxe servers on OMV (or pi-hole like I do).

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Bonecracker: “Yes i do. But i didn't know that it was necessary to have DHCP running on OMV to enable PXE, so i stopped trying, bevause i didnt want to do that. ” It isn't necessary. Some people are not able to specify a PXE server on their DHCP server. So, the plugin recommends running a DHCP proxy (not regular dhcp) server on OMV to answer PXE requests.

• Have you read the other threads about installing docker on the dreaded RPi? I'm sure you are running into the same issue.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Bonecracker: “I have the same problem and dont know how to resolve it. ” You don't know how to set a static IP address?

• Help with WiFi Driver (Update)

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from BackWoodsTech: “I'll be happy to post the results if its useful. ” I've seen a couple of people say lately that they have to use wireless. So, this would probably be useful.

• Quote from Walster: “Any ideas on this issue? ” Not really. I actually don't use this plugin or docker other than testing.

• Quote from lordabura: “This also happens when I add another folder to SAMBA, for others of my users, as I can, or what would be thecorrect procedure to generate new shared folders without affecting the users who are already working with them. ” Unfortunately, you can't add a folder without causing a restart. Quote from lordabura: “I have a datastorage that performs this function, add and remove folders without restarting, but this is very small for what I need ” It is possible to do this with sa…

• Quote from lordabura: “it is possible to perform this procedure without dropping active transfers ??? ” I thought you were changing the permissions from the command line. No, when you change the shared folder permissions, it restarts samba. I guess it is odd that they could start a transfer with one permission set and that you would need to change it.

• Spontaneous Unmount

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Backslash Backslash: “I think a fresh install is needed. ” I agree and iIt will take less time.

• Quote from bfbf510a: “4.14.71 ” That is the kernel version but that makes me guess you are using an arm board. Quote from bfbf510a: “Any suggestion other than docker and deluge? I intalled deluge to run NextCloud because I fail to install Docker ” The deluge plugin breaks OMV 4.x. So, I don't have another suggestion other than docker.

• Help with WiFi Driver (Update)

ryecoaaron - - General

Compiling drivers on arm64 that are probably meant for amd64 and i386 only is out of my skill set. I did some searching and didn't find anything. I think using the router you linked to would probably be a better idea.

• Spontaneous Unmount

ryecoaaron - - General

I would try apt-get -f install Did you backup your SD card? It might be easier to install fresh.

• Quote from bfbf510a: “I installed some plugins that are not listed on omv-extras.org such as nignx and deluge. They work well after I installed them. Should I remove them? ” nginx is listed and is fine. deluge should be removed in favor of docker - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced What version of OMV are you running now?

• If they on the list on omv-extras.org for your version, they are compatible.

• Spontaneous Unmount

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Backslash Backslash: “For the record I am getting several daily CRON-APT messages about "Failed to fetch security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file". ” If you go to that url, there is no arm64 repo. Not sure if there ever was but I would upgrade to OMV 4.x. Quote from Backslash Backslash: “Any idea why this might happen? ” Not without seeing logs. Did you look at syslog?

• Quote from lordabura: “The permissions of the shared folders ” You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.

• Quote from lordabura: “changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons ” Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to.

• Quote from Agricola: “Should I also stick with Samba alone and not worry about setting up Apple Filing too? My Macs seem to be working fine with the Samba shares ” Yep, I wouldn't worry about AFP since Apple is moving toward using samba. Quote from Agricola: “I decided to run a Odroid-xu4 with Ubuntu Mate, just for fun to see what the Linux thing is all about. Haven't got it up to sharing yet but I haven't tried very hard. ” It is pretty easy.