Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 49.

• HPE Proliant Servers

aroundmyroom - - My NAS Build

Quote from exyu74: “Quote from kgzmJLpG5rcPs8vP: “ ” User Aroundmyroom have place`d his step by step. And i did followd.But did not work for me on the and. On internet u can find(if his way does not succeed) another way of doing the same thing. Scream if u need help! ” ..... you are referring to this howto? aroundmyroom.com/2016/03/03/hp…10t-booting-with-usb-odd/ actually .. I have 3x an Gen8 with OMV and 2 of them were 3.x and now upgraded to 4.x and there is one which had an issue In short: my…

• HPE Proliant Servers

today my USB flash disk with the grub part was failing, after messing up my OMV installation I decided to re-install so what I did was following - Remove my 4 HDDs with RAID5 - connect an SD card in the SD slot with OMV - have an 2,5" HDD on the ODD port boot from SD card and install OMV 4.x on the 2,5" HDD, remove the SD card after installation boot from the ODD and make sure that you have ie. an USB Flash drive available. Make it bootable format it ext3 (there are some guidelines avail with so…

• port 22 is using locally without key, port xxx is used without password and with key. Today my OMV crashed due to failing USB flash memory with grub and an awful mistake on my side (do not ask).. After re-installing OMV 4.x with a new USB flash memory on my HP Gen8 Microserver I re-added my RAID5 and than re-configured the 2nd ssh .. now my mail-in-a-box instance can rsync its backup of the mail on my OMV

• @subzero79 actually it was easy. First tried the SFTP plugin and saw how it was working, unfortunatly through the frontend the config file is being modified at certain places therefor it was not working the way I needed it. In the end cp /lib/systemd/system/ssh.service /etc/systemd/system/sshdrsync.service modified 1 certain part ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sshd -D -f /etc/ssh/sshd_rsync_config $SSHD_OPTS than copied the standard ssh config from OMV to the sshd_rsync modified the portPlease note that in…

• 2 things preventing it 1. I do not want to have my SSH available towards my NAS with PWD from the outside (so right now port 9999 (example) is forwarded to 22 where the SSH of OMV is. Port 22 cannot be used as another device is already using this. (this happens if you have 4 HP MicroServer Gen8's at home) 2. I do access my device from various sources where I am not able to use the key 3. I can use VPN and here I an use my PWD, but not the key due to 2 4. I need the key for the rsync but I do not…

• Does someone knows what is the best possible way to run a 2nd SSH as instance/service on a different port so that it can be used with OMV and will be usable through upgrades? I want to have an alternative SSH service to my system only accessible through public key. This config is no issue, but I need to know how I can add this 2nd SSH service the easiest.. the purpose is: I have a mail in a box device running which needs to rsync over SSH, I do not want to use my normal SSH as this is accessible…

• HP microserver Gen10

Great to read that it is working. Marvell chipset seems to behave similar like the B120i in the gen8 (not seeing raid configs)

• HP microserver Gen10

Anyone already exprience with OMV and the new HP Microserver Gen10?

• Robsen, see my website aroundmyroom.com/2016/03/03/hp…10t-booting-with-usb-odd/ choise of USB stick depends I have 2GB disk or so .. but is only used for boot.. OMV is installed on a 500GB 2,5" old disk it totally depends on how you want to use the HP Microserver gen8 with OpenMediavault. if you want to use softraid with openmediavault (as the B210i cannot be used in raid with Openmediavault as I believe) you need to be sure that you can use both 4 drives within the raid. There fore you install …

• this thread solved 90% of my issue. I like it .. Shrink OMV Gui I also see that I can be back to old UI .. but that's too much hassle right now ..

• Quote from The Master: “Hi Quote from aroundmyroom: “Maybe for You is not the best update ” Meybe for You is not the best For many other users it is. ” Thanks for this awful useful reply. As a user with 3 OMV installations and running version 3.x I know that things can happen I might dislike, might feel uncomfortable with. One of the things I like is doing tests and give feedback as an advanced user. I know my post was an short one like as a notice. Replies with use CTRL-+ are funny. Yes it is a…

• otw4Wk.jpg a lot of white linespacing, a lot of scrolling .. less visability. For my system not the best update of the UI .. Dunno if this is still under development (I hope so) ..

• just upgraded a 2.x version of OMV without issues now a 2nd NAS (same hardware) and I see some issues Setting up openmediavault-backup (3.3.5) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u6) ... Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ... Processing triggers for resolvconf (1.76.1) ... Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20141019+deb8u1) ... Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... 0 added, 0 removed; done. Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done. Processing t…

• Quote from canadavault: “Hi, This morning I happened to click 'Update Manager' and I have found there to update to 2.2.9 for omv 2.0 version. But I don't see any announcement and details what this update is about. It looks weird. Any one could comment on this? Thanks in advance. ” I have 3 boxes running OMV 1 has 2.2.9 2 others have 2.2.8 and no info about any update .. no problem .. it's working.. ;-_) waiting to migrate to 3.x official ;_)

• HPE Proliant Servers

I fixed it with this link rootathome.de/smbus-or-ipmi-wr…ength-66-found-length-32/ funny I learned today what init 6 does .. LOL

• HPE Proliant Servers

Someone an Idea my HP Microserver gen8 is generating an error in /var/log/messages Sep 4 07:40:36 shark kernel: [2474833.414701] ACPI Error: SMBus or IPMI write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20110623/exfield-285) Sep 4 07:40:36 shark kernel: [2474833.414706] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PMI0._PMM] (Node ffff88027fc8bd08), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20110623/psparse-536) is a feature I have triggering this? I see it on multiple gen8 with openmediavault happening now…

• Thanks.. the key was not wrong gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 its also wierd, I build the plugin, I uploaded it, it was accepted, than it told me when I tried to install that it was for 3 I tried to remove, but failed in the search how, than after an hour or so I re logged on I cleaned the apt-get part and suddenly the 1.011 was there .. Jippiee .. in the end I am not going to use it as rsync itself is doing its job ok .. (copied 3TB yesterday) ..

• created from: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…/openmediavault-rsnapshot a package but now my OMV 2.x is telling me its a package for OMV 3.x In an older installation on another NAS I have the 1.011 version of rsnapshot is the deb somewhere available? Cannot find it. update .. dunno what I did but after log on again suddenly this version of rsnapshot is in my extensions and I can install it .. very very very .. wierd. ..

• What if my OMV disk crashes

aroundmyroom - - General

What if my OMV disk is crashing and my 4 DATA drives in RAID5 are still ok ? My systems have OMV on a 2,5" HDD drive and the data on 4x3,5" HDD Can I re-install OMV and adapt the RAID config to the new system?

• Theming

aroundmyroom - - General

long time no updates on this page meet my 3 NASses .. NEMO AeRNRC2.jpg Meet Puffer TitGV1r.jpg meet Shark HFsRMEg.jpg Happy