Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 52.

• Does OMV support dual CPUs?

vulcan4d - - General

I plan to replace my current OMV rig with one using dual Xeon E2630v2 and I'm curious if this is supported. I plan to run Plex and VirtualBox machines so I'm hoping for a little more horsepower. Thanks!

• Command: mysqldump --user='root' --password='whatever' --all-databases > all_databases.sql The command works great when manually run, however when using the scheduled jobs the following error shows. Could it be because I have a $ symbol in my password? Source Code (11 lines)

• After every reboot I now get OMV alerts that are a little odd: Does not exist Service php-fpm then I get Exists Service php-fpm Sounds like the monitor is checking too early before the service has a chance to start. Any ideas how to tell it to chill? Thanks!

• I'm running an old Proxmox kernel apparently and even updating it does not seem to show good results. How does one uninstall the Proxmox kernel and re-enable the backports repo? I tried installing the linux image 4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64, but the headers are giving me an error. Not sure if I have to uninstall Proxmox first and/or get the backports repo back? Source Code (3 lines)

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from vulcan4d: “What Kernel are you guys using with ZFS in OMV 4? My previous kernel of 4.4.67-1-pve does not work. Nor do any of the 4.9.0.0 bpo 1-6, or 4.9.0.6. That's all I have in my list, none work with ZFS. The other version your guys mentioned I don't even have show up. ” All of those kernels work with zfs (especially the proxmox kernel). You probably don't have the kernel headers installed. ” Almost got it working but one more hurdle remains, this is what I …

• What Kernel are you guys using with ZFS in OMV 4? My previous kernel of 4.4.67-1-pve does not work anymore after the upgrade. Nor do any of the 4.9.0.0 bpo 1-6, or 4.9.0.6. That's all I have in my list, none work with ZFS. The other version your guys mentioned I don't even have show up.

• I have a reoccurring ZFS bug that keeps happening once in a while when I reboot my server. The ZFS drives disappear and have to be imported. Annoying, but not as annoying as the next bit which is a consequence of the bug. Once imported, all the Shared Folders say N/A. OK they can be recreated, however these Shared Folders are referenced through everything that is OMV. The references need to be removed before the Shared Folder can be removed and re-created. Editing does not work as it provides an…

• My OMV decided to no longer allow me to login after the installation of VirtualBox. The login screen comes up, I enter my administrator credentials, the screen flashes and I'm back at square one asking to login again. Tried different browsers, HTTP and HTTPS. SSH login works, reboots don't help. Curious as to what may have caused it during the installation. I hope I don't have to reload from an old backup file. Any suggestions?

• Another look shows that the loss of the ZFS pools and re-import caused the drives to change the type of drive identity. I believe it normally is the UUID, how it looks like the path (dev/sdx). If drives get moved or HyperV does it's thing again it looks like this is probably why. Any suggestions, I'm at a loss.

• OK so I'm experiencing a chain of events that is driving me a little nuts. My shared folders go N/A for device and I cannot edit them to correct, only option I have is to delete every shared folder and recreate. This is caused because I'm running OMV under HyperV and once in a while Windows decides to make the drives "Online", causing the drives to be unmounted from the HyperV guest machine after reboot. They can be easily made offline and readded, however when OMV boots the ZFS drives disapear …

• Why would a ZFS pool be imported with the sda,sdb etc naming convention instead of the dev ID? I'm relocating drives between servers and when I import they come up as sdx. At first I didn't care, then something decided to reshuffle my drives and the pool disappeared. It was easy enough to import, but now the shared folders don't work. Nor will it let me edit. I have to delete them and re-create. Seems bothersome unless they can be imported using their ID name which never changes. Thoughts?

• Anyone else here still using Seafile? Mine broke, either by itself or due to an update. Either way I spent days trying to fix it scouring the Seafile forums with no luck. It came down to isolating what part fails by looking at the var/log/nginx/seahub.error.log file but it appears to be truncating logs everytime something is added and I just can't get the answer. Anyone else seen the "Unhandled Exception" error when opening the Seafile web portal. App fails to sync too, but they just say "failed…

• I run a business grade Sophos Firewall with OpenMediaVault behind it. Recently I have noticed ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) alerts from my firewall identifying a threat from my OMV server calling back home to an outside IP. I've seen this when running TransmissionBT because some IP addresses are flagged, however I have had it removed for a few couple weeks now. I ran multiple bootable AV suites to look for infected files or rootkits, none are found on the OMV drive. The attempt comes up once …

• Locked user [NONAME] cannot be cleared

vulcan4d - - General

Ever since I upgraded to OMV 3.0 I get alerts about locked users since a while back. The one which I cannot clear is the following: Source Code (2 lines)Any suggestions, as OMV-Firstaid allows me to clear it but next day it's the same thing again.

• So I've upgraded from OMV2 to 3 and got ZFS working in a RaidZ 3x3TB setup. Today I wanted to see what a drive failure would look like so I pulled out one of the drives from the Pool. The result is not what I expected. The Pool status still shows "OK" and nothing is sown under "State", so just looking at it I wouldn't know there is a drive failure. The email alert received is confusing as I received a Samba alert. This is odd because this test Pool of three drives doesn't have have any Samba sha…

• ZFS plugin Repo 404 Error

vulcan4d - - Plugins

I am attempting to install ZFS, after enabling the Repos I get the following error when updating plugins: Source Code (1 line)It's not a DNS issue as other Repos are fine, Apt clean also does not resolve the issue. Any ideas?

• MySQL backup option not working

vulcan4d - - Plugins

When I hit the MySQL backup option in OMV, nothing happens. I looked up /var/log/mysql.log and mysql.err and they are empty. That's odd as I've been running mysql for about two years now, I did not expect it to be empty. Any troubleshooting methods for checking why the backup function in the MySQL plugin is not working? Thank you!

• Quote from tinh_x7: “Let's Encrypt is better than StartSSL, and OMV has a plugin for it too. NextCloud has more features and friendlier than Seafile. ” Thanks tinh_x7! I'll give the Let's Encrypt plugin a try. Seafile appears to be much faster than my OwnCloud7 so far from my testing, though the newer NextCloud version probably has improvements. I'll give it a try and compare.

• I love this community. I've been running OwnCloud 7 since it was released but I've been hearing that Seafile is much better. With no official support anytime near I decided to try Seafile on my VmWare server and no matter what Linux distro I used or guides online I just couldn't get it to work. Then I said hell I'll put it on OMV using your guide and there was not a single issue. Well there is one, for some reason even though I have a valid SSL Certificate from StartSSL the client fails to conne…

• I know there is an OMV 3.0 thread about this, if it's applicable please close this and I can post there even though it is OMV 2.0. I'm changing my raid setup from 3x 3TB in Raid5 to 2x 3TB in Raid1 + Rsnapshot to spare 3TB drive. After dismantling my Raid5 and wiping the discs I created a Raid1 mirror of the two 3TB drives. Reloaded my data, restarted and my Raid was gone. I'm gone ahead and re-creatred the Mirror Raid, rebooted, gone. I've tried to assemble the raid as many posts instructed but…