Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

• Quote from kyo: “I had this problem this morning too after the docker update. I removed the openmediavault-docker-gui 4.0.1 plugin using the GUI. Downloaded the 4.0.4 version @ryecoaaron posted earlier, and uploaded it from the Plugins page, installed the resulting plugin and everything went back to normal... Thanks a million! ” If I knew it was that simple Everything's working normal again! Thanks, Frepke

• Quote from Ciccius: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “There is potentially the problem. When you make a manual change and install the plugin from the web interface, it won't overwrite the manual change. If you install the package from the command line, it will ask if you want to overwrite. Pretty sure, it needs to be this - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug….d/openmediavault.conf#L4 ” Ok, I removed Docker plugin and checked that /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/openmediavault.conf didn't exists anymore.…

• Quote from antipiot: “Quote from g2_ufo: “I even cannot remove openmediavault-docker-gui with the same issue Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded. and Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused ” Having the same error aswell ” Containers are running, but can't enable docker-plugin in OMV.

• Quote from Aux: “I have exactly the same problem OK, I have found a solution here I used CTRL + F5 in the Chrome browser ” Thanks Aux, Clearing the browser cache solved this problem kr., Frepke

• Hello, After installing the OMV 4.1.12 update on my HC1 this morning, I get an error on the update button in OMV extras: The method 'doUpdate' does not exist for the RPC service 'omvextras'. forum.openmediavault.org/index…b90f74907ce976062a8c9956f kr., Frepke

• Sharing folders/files over internet

Frepke - - General

First I struggled Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from raven66: “Sure, but IMO it's a lot easier just to setup SFTP than fiddle with all the details of properly configured VPN. ” Yes, from this perspective sftp is a lot easier setup. Although we should always remember that what is "simple" depends on the specific person and its knowledge. Here we have already discussed probably the majority of solutions. ftps sftp https smb nfs and vpn. It is also worth trying to learn new things. Especially when we…

Frepke - - General

Quote from Mr.Grape: “@Frepke mr-grape.8w4.ovh/Frepke/ login: Patrick password: Demo And here you have a very simple example of how this might look like for your friend if you based this solution on a web server. I'm not trying to convince you for this solution. This is just a simple example. ” Hello Mr.Grape, Thanks for the demo setup. This is a nice solution and looks very simple and easy to use. Have to figure out how to create this, but I gonna try. Thanks, Patrick

Frepke - - General

Quote from gderf: “Quote from Frepke: “Quote from gderf: “If you know what sftp is, tell me how it does not meet your needs. ” Hello gderf,Sorry, I don't have that knowledge I believe SFTP is safe for the transfered files, but I want protect my nas to be accessible for everyone on the internet. I hoped there was a simple solution for this. But you guys, have that much knowledge and asking questions I can't answer. It's clear to me now that the "simple" question I thought I asked has a much more …

Frepke - - General

Quote from gderf: “If you know what sftp is, tell me how it does not meet your needs. ” Hello gderf, Sorry, I don't have that knowledge I believe SFTP is safe for the transfered files, but I want protect my nas to be accessible for everyone on the internet. I hoped there was a simple solution for this. But you guys, have that much knowledge and asking questions I can't answer. It's clear to me now that the "simple" question I thought I asked has a much more complicated answer as I hoped for. kr.…

Frepke - - General

Quote from gderf: “A VPN solution is going to complicate things highly if all you need to do is allow simple file transfer. For secure file transfer all you need is sftp connected directly to your machine. ” Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from Frepke: “On my router runs a VPN client, and the HC1 uses this tunnel. I can setup a server in the router or on the HC1 to reach my homenetwork from internet with this vpn connection. @tkaiser normally I use FTP for transferring data to the NAS. ” That's good…

Frepke - - General

Quote from gderf: “Quote from Frepke: “Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick Maybe I didn't search well, but I couldn't find the answer on the forum ” Can you be more specific about what you mean by "share files with a friend"? You'll get briefer and more focused answers. ” It can be all kind of files (smal…

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “@tkaiser normally I use FTP for transferring data to the NAS ” Ok, then please forget about me mentioning Samba. Disclaimer: I'm a network and server guy and for me only protocols are an option where clients can directly open stuff on the server (requires locking) so no FTP used anywhere. If you use FTP then anything I wrote is irrelevant (since this protocol from IT stone age doesn't care about anything that has happened within the last decades) ” okay, …

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

Frepke - - General

Quote from nghiacc: “After get OMV up and running on my HC1, I am unable to create a shared folder. The Device droplist does not show anything to pickup! Pls see attachment. Anyone has the same issue? ” Did you mount a physical disc?

Frepke - - General

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from Frepke: “Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful kr., Patrick ” VPN here will only do one layer. You still need another layer to share files. And I'm not really convinced if smb / nfs pushed over the internet is the best idea. The second issue is also what kind of vpn it is. Private, commercial with its own IP, free / commercial with one IP per exit node on many users. …

Frepke - - General

Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful kr., Patrick

Frepke - - General

Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick Maybe I didn't search well, but I couldn't find the answer on the forum

• OMV not accessible after a few days

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Hmm... no idea. Could be related to undervoltage (PSUs getting older) and without a serial console it's close to impossible to really get a clue what's going on. AFAIK on the XU4 you can not use those cheap $1 USB serial dongles from Aliexpress or eBay but need the official one from Hardkernel (due to different voltage levels -- but I might be wrong so better check Hardkernel's wiki for information) ” Okay, Thank you for your time/help anyways I think I do a fresh OMV-4 inst…

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “RPi-Monitor was installed ” Well, you could now have a look whether there's high load on the system prior to it not being available any more. RPi-Monitor logs load and temperatures so it should give a clue whether a crash/freeze is related to high activity or to something else. But looking into logs especially /var/log/syslog (or providing them via pastebin.com) might be more interesting. ” Thanks tkaiser, Yesterday, 17:00u. the HC1 was accessible and wor…

Frepke - - General

Now my system wasn't accessible, couldn't ping also. RPi-Monitor was installed, what now

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “armbianmonitor -r doesn't do anything ” Well, then if you want RPi-Monitor you need to follow the manual installation instructions you'll find on the net. ” RPi-Monitor is running, now we wait Armbianmonitor is also working again.