Search Results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

• Hi Everyone, Just got around to upgrading to OMV 4. Wanted to share my steps to get SMB 3 share authentication working against my SAMBA AD server. Since I'm a security guy, this configuration only uses SMB 3 and Kerberos through sssd. Don't have to worry about legacy SMB protocols, weak NTLM hashes, NULL AD sessions, or plain text ldap calls. Install Needed Packages Shell-Script (1 line) Edit /etc/krb5.conf DNS is hard; especially regarding Kerberos. You probably have to add the following to you…

• New to openmediavault, old to sssd. Just got this working on my new install. Install necessary tools. (Haven't seen libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit as a dependency on any other online Debian guides, so I want to call it out here. This solved an issue I had with GSSAPI saying there were no SASL methods between my AD and OMV server). Shell-Script (1 line) Join the domain using realmd. Shell-Script (1 line) For example, when joining the domain, AD.HAILSATAN.COM. (Note to DEVS: realm can accept a passwo…