Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

• An update regarding my SSD testing / problem I installed a pair of intel DC S3610 400gb units and they functioned as expected, whether being tested individually or together in raid 0 I then formatted and trimmed the Samsung 850 Pro SSD's using windows; Reinstalled a couple of them into OMV and they function properly. - It is if they needed to be trimmed, which I thought was being done through linux already. Maybe this is the difference between the enterprise grade SSD vs standard ...... - I was …

• recommended10gb network card

vshaulsk - - Motherboards

I use both the ConnectX-2 and ConnectX-3 SFP+ single port 10G Nics I have also used a Chelsio dual port NIC This is in both OMV3 and OMV4 No issues with standard OMV install or function. However, if I run the dual Chelsio NIC and the Proxmox kernel, only one of the NIC's is recognized. This is the same within my two OMV servers or three Proxmox servers. I believe this issue is related to how the NICs get recognized and named under the Proxmox Kernel - There is a fix for this, but you have to use…

• I originally was running a raid5, raid50, raid10 and individually for testing With my SSD array the performance has always seemed really strange (raid10 & raid5) since the beginning of the year, but now I started really looking into it. I would like to ultimately use the SSD array for centralized VM storage over NFS or ISCSI, so that I can play around with high availability on the proxmox nodes.

• I just VPNed into my systems and ran a different test: transferring large 100 GB .mkv file over the network, while watching IOSTAT 2 I wanted to see what happens to the drives/arrays during this large network transfer HDD 12x4TB raid 50: I saw write speeds of around 760 MB/s for the array SSD 8x250gb raid 0: I still only saw a maximum of around 230 - 250 MB/s - same if I transferred 10GB of very small files ... still 230 MB/s max Watching IOSTAT confirms what I see when just looking at network t…

• Going to the basics is my next step. 1) fresh basic install of OMV 4 .... maybe even try OMV 3 just for comparison 2) test SSD drive attached to sata II port - if OK move to step 3 ....... if not OK, motherboard/bios problem ? 3) test SSD drive attached to LSI 9211-8i HBA 6Gb/s - if not working properly move to step 4 4) test SSD drive attached to LSI HBA 3GB/s from my previous build If 3 and 4 fail on all pci express port, but the drive works directly in the sata port ....... I would think that…

• So I tried an older firmware version 14 in IT mode, but I am still experiencing the same issue I have also tried pulling two of 3 HBA's and just leaving one connected to the SSD array. - reset the bios to factory settings One last thing I was going to try is a fresh install of OMV on a new disk and just see what the performance is. - no addons or modifications ......... perhaps I did something as I was messing with this system

• Do you know which firmware version ?

• I did run IOSTAT 30 at the same time and the write speed was constant, no big spike in the beginning. Just stayed around the 200 MB/s mark the hole time for the 1M test size I ran the same test on my R710, which has a raid 10 (6 x 1TB) and the output was 574 MB/s for the 1 MB test size and 541 MB/s for the 16 MB test size Any clue what I should be looking at next ?

• Well I ran what you suggested except I changed the file size to 24 gigs:

• SSD raid array performance is worse than HDD array when moving large files over network Clients: Windows 10 VM's running inside Proxmox hosts; Jumbo frames turned on and connected through 10G SFP+ OMV: dual CPU 2 x x5670 (2.9 GHz - 24 threads) 48 gigs of ram and connected over 10G SFP+ - HDD setup: 12 x 4TB in a raid 50 setup using mdadm - XFS file system Moving files from windows clients to OMV HDD array over cifs/smb works great with speeds around 800 MB/s +; Even small random file transfers w…

• Raid 10 with 8 x 250GB SSD

vshaulsk - - RAID

For the network, so far I changed some of the kernel memory buffers, network ring buffer, 9000 MTU and a few of the SMB specific settings from the sticky found on this forum. (I can share the exact settings .... I was going to post about my experience once I have the switch setup and run some more tests/tunes) My Iperf connection shows a 6.5 Gigabit connection (still not sure why it is not full 10 gigabit) .... tried different cards and SFP+ cables, but seem to always show the same connection sp…

vshaulsk - - RAID

Again, I understand that it is not best idea and you do not recommend it. My SSD's are the same brand, but have been purchased at different times. I started with 4 from one purchase, 2 from another and again 2 just a couple of days ago. So if I pair them correctly, than the chances of them failing all at once would be reduced enough for my comfort level. With the backup in place, I will be sleeping soundly at night. However, my original question about raid10 mdadm configuration and EXT4 portioni…

vshaulsk - - RAID

tkaiser ... I understand what you are saying about SSD, but in my budget and use case I think I will be OK...... - My system is backed up to a FreeNas & OMV Box + some of the data is also backed up onto USB & remote storage (In theory my LAN users have the ability to access the same data from three locations on the network (VStorage1, VStorage2, Vstorage3, but through Zentyal AD I automatically mount the shares I want them to use and also through permissions the other targets won't let the users…

vshaulsk - - RAID

I am currently running a raid 10 with 6 x 250 GB samsung 850 Pro SSDs with an EXT4 files system. In the next couple of weeks I am going to remake the raid array using 8 x 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs with an EXT4 file system On this array I house the user home directories, business files, docker, plex, NFS mounts for VM's I am trying to figure out if the default values for when OMV creates a raid 10 with SSDs is correct. I would like to maximize the performance of this raid. System details: drive…

• Well maybe I should start thinking of upgrading ..... My OMV3 system has been running perfectly, so I am a little hesitant ....... however I should probably put together an upgrade plan I have seen some posts with users upgrading from 3 to 4 with various levels of success. The other option is to just perform a new install and reconfigure everything..... kind of a pain All the plugins I use are available in OMV4 except the sensors plugin - Antivirus - Docker - FTP - MySQL - NFS - Nginx ??? - Rsna…

• Just trying to figure out what the advantages are of OMV4 vs OMV3 ? I know that OMV4 is on top of a newer version of Debian, but what are the benefits of upgrading? My main system is running OMV3 and I have a VM running OMV4 ...... Other than they look slightly different and not all of the plugins are available in OMV4, it functions about the same. This makes me think that the real changes or advantages are under the hood and unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough to understand what the adv…

• Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis

vshaulsk - - Plugins

I run plex in docker for OMV 3 and it updates automatically when I restart.... which is way easier than having to update through command line for plex pass. In the beginning I did have problem with plex docker starting the transcode, but that was because my config directory was placed on my storage pool. The storage pools within OMV are mounted with No Exec which prevents plex docker from working properly. I had to change the storage mount with exec flag and now everything works properly.

• I think whether you do an all in one NAS/Server or separate systems depends on you. I run in production for a very small personal business the following setup: 1 x Dell R710 on which I run proxmox & Docker ( running unifi, Active Directory,email server, LibreNMS, Webserver, Nextcloud, windows 10 VM) + whatever I want to test (New OMV version etc...) - This is system runs 6 x 1 TB 7200 RPM disks in a raid 10 and the windows VM is on a Samsung 960 Evo M2 SSD attached through a PCI express add on c…

• Plex plugin issue

vshaulsk - - Plugins

I am also having the same issue with my latest OMV plexmediaserver install. Have you solved this without reinstalling OMV ?

• well thank you for your comments and reading material. I wanted to say a few things about my implementation. 1) OMV is used for storage of the media files when the team is not working on them. - When one of the members is working on a project the file he/she needs is transferred onto the work station as they are equipped for video/photo editing - Usually the same files are not accessed at the same time, but the system maybe writing and reading multiple different files at the same time as employe…