Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 219.

• Hi All, On my 3.x install (which has been upgraded from 2.x) it is quite dirty because i install openkm and some other stuff outside of docker or plugins. the current config is taking about 23Gb on my 32Gb system drive which occasionally causes a problem with log files, etc that are not being auto deleted. For this reason, i want to do a fresh 4.x install on a new 32gb drive. I have a large set of firewall rules amongst other settings that i want to retain, so i need to migrate the settings from…

• Not work MySQL backup

gwaitsi - - Plugins

So, I tried deleting the mysql plugin backup schedule and made a new weekly one. I then went to the "scheduled jobs" and tried to run the weekly job that was created manually. I got the following error Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- omv-rpc MySql dumpDatabaseToSharedFolder '{"uuid":"ab250e2c-d9c3-4030-85b6-e0508ea4d0dd"}' 2>&1' with exit code '1…

• There is a quote from the forum that is linked at the bottom of the article your post points to. "From the freenas forums, here are a couple examples of people who lost their zpool due to bad memory - http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?thr ... nas.18571/ http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?thr ... ume.15816/ http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?thr ... post-87136 And here is another guy saying you should use ECC RAM https://pthree.org/2013/12/10/zfs-admin ... e-ecc-ram/" Each to their own, but a…

• For all those who might be mislead by the Kaiser accusing people of bullsh.ting, simply do your own research and form your own views. research.cs.wisc.edu/wind/Publ…zfs-corruption-fast10.pdf The kaiser has demonstrated repeatedly throughout this forum his use of horse blinkers and the need to try and demonstrate his superiority. The forum seems to be more about fulfilling this psychological need than providing constructive advice. One can only can guess where that psych comes from.

• Quote from Gulliver: “Initially I was interested in OMV, but after tkaiser's off-putting comments I decided to look for an alternative NAS OS with full support for modern hardware. However, I appreciate the effort that others here made to provide me with useful information regarding OMV on M2. Quote from ryecoaaron: “The FreeNAS people will tell you it is just fine and lots of people run production VMware ESXi servers on sd cards. Just sayin... ” Yes, I know. To each his own, right? ” I hope you…

• Not work MySQL backup

gwaitsi - - Plugins

im getting this error too stdin: is not a tty {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable","trace":"exception 'OMV\\Rpc\\Exception' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc:171\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('MySql', 'dumpDatabaseToS...', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}

• Not work MySQL backup

gwaitsi - - Plugins

I had this same problem. I originally created the mysql (from memory: outside of omv) for openkm in omv 2.x which has since been upgraded to 3.x. I recently used the plugin schedule backup job, instead of the async i had previously been running. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Have you reset the mysql password from the mysql plugin? It creates the file that is missing. ” Solved my problem - i think....but i am getting this message "stdin: is not a tty" in the email sent to me

• hi votdev, so i removed all the shared folders, and do a system backup to the data drive. so no need to have sharedfolders on the usb drive now. I have set usb backup to backup all the sharedfolders and removed all rysnc jobs. i usually leave the usb drive plugged in - i know dumb. if i run a cron job to mount the drive every day, that should trigger usb back to work, rather than using rsync jobs right? how do i do it? cheers

• So i think the issue is; - the USB Backup jobs were inherited from 2.x upgrade - it seems under 3.x they get /srv/xxxxx However, there still exists shared folders on the device which still get an fstab entry /media/854fe91 the device still uses; - rsync jobs to backup when the usb drive has not been removed - backup plug to backup the system drive So it seems there is a conflict between these differing config types. Could that be right?

• hi votdev yes, i have both. 1) USB Plugin (all jobs currently disabled) 2) Rsync (but all jobs currently disabled) but I guess it is something to do with there being different shared folders on the external drive where different backups are stored. i.e. backup plugin, mysql backup, etc. It seems during initial bootup there is a delay while it tries to mount the drive which is not plugged in. (which i assume it knows about because of the sharedfolder definitions). Ideally it should ignore this dr…

• my firewall settings have disappeared. which files do i need to restore to recover them pls

• if i try to disable ipv6 via the grub line with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="ipv6.disable=1" kills network startup my network doesn't startup at all. If i leave it enabled, and disable ipv6 via the interface, i get rfcbind errors in the log.

• I have a usb drive. OMV add in fstab the below entry. UUID=854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 /media/854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2 In my log, i get the following systemd[1]: media-854fe912\x2d9f08\x2d423d\x2d9bc8\x2d26a404cae6d0.mount: Directory /media/854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. kernel: EXT4-fs (sdd1): mounted filesystem with orde…

• Still getting the boot log filled with; Found dependency on systemd-journald.service/start systemd[1]: Breaking ordering cycle by deleting job systemd-journald-dev-log.socket/start systemd[1]: Job systemd-journald-dev-log.socket/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with systemd-journald.service/start systemd[1]: Found ordering cycle on systemd-journald.service/start systemd[1]:Found dependency on systemd-journald.service/start systemd[1]: Unable to break cycle systemd[1]: Requested tra…

• Quote from tkaiser: “OMG. It continues ” the only one making this continue is you, having to have the last say and trying to prove to everyone you are the all knowing. I never said sata was the same. i said "they are adding a chip" - as in to do the conversion. which also involves a voltage conversion. Considering the core issue was; how to use 4 sata slots on a motherboard as data drives, and provide additionally a system drive (which is what this whole thread boils down to), There are now 6 di…

• In this scenario they are adding a chip in between the mPCIe and the SATA. can also be a good internal solution for mITX cases because it is only 3cm high. I note they supply a driver, probably for windows, dis linux recognize it? PCIe is not the same as M2 mSata. M2 are keyed differently for SSD and for wifi/bluetooth cards. Most low end motherboards are only supporting wifi/bluetooth - as in the specific reference in this thread. anyway, i think we are at 6 different possible solutions to skin…

• In this scenario they are adding a chip in between the mPCIe and the SATA. can also be a good internal solution for mITX cases because it is only 3cm high. I note they supply a driver, probably for windows, dis linux recognize it? PCIe is not the same as M2 mSata. M2 are keyed differently for SSD and for wifi/bluetooth cards. Most low end motherboards are only supporting wifi/bluetooth - as in the specific reference in this thread. anyway, i think we are at 6 different possible solutions to skin…

• Why is my external USB showing up twice? /media/854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 New Linux Native Filesystem Partition with ID 854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 User and group quotas inactive /srv/91a7385924d7c5618fefbebbf2081a7a New Linux Native Filesystem Partition with ID 854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 User and group quotas inactive

• what he used is my point 4 above. and that is fine if you have a case that support a expansion card, but most nas cases do not. i.e. like mine. In simple terms, as i said above; he wanted to use all his internal sata ports for data drives. most cheap motherboards are 2 or 4 sata and most dedicated nas cases are two or four. motherboards that have more than 4 sata are usually much more expensive than the 4 sata. I have summarized 4 different options above, which includes (the option you suggested…

• I missed the part where you had the msata already. glad you got it sorted and had a case that allows the card.