Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 91.

• Static IP?

Gilhin - - Network

So from my understanding you need one machine that does the network administration - like seemingly your router does, assumingly via DHCP. Is your switch capable of doing so? So I would change the setup and have the switch and the NAS connected to the router and the windows machines connected to the switch. Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• [Virtual Box] Error after shutdown

Gilhin - - Plugins

Dear all, after having used Virtual Box for a longer time, it isn't starting anymore. When trying to open the .vdi-file manually via the GUI, I receive the following error: VirtualBox error: rc=0x80004005 Extra content at the end of the document. Location: '/media/3c9d366f-10ed-4d58-a7ef-32dc9542500f/VMs/Debian Jessie/Debian Jessie.vdi', line 1 (0), column 2. /home/vbox/vbox-4.3.34/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[472] (nsresult Machine::initFromSettings(VirtualBox*, const com::Utf8Str&,…

• [solved] tapatalk doesn't work anymore

Gilhin - - General

Just as a quick feedback: It is also wirking again at my mobile. Thank you for your swift support.

• [solved] tapatalk doesn't work anymore

Gilhin - - General

Same issue with me - any suggestion on how to resolve it?

• Cannot install JDownload

Gilhin - - Plugins

According to this ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2206093 it might be a repo problem. Did you add a source via the CLI?

• Why use omv over Windows?

Gilhin - - Off-Topic

Apart from the reasons that tekkb already pointed out: OMV is based on Debian and at least from my use case I realised that this gave the the possibility to use and to try very different approaches to my tasks (using the CLI) - from my point even more than a Windows Server allowed me. I think I can compare these two microsystems, as I host an OMV-based NAS and a Windoes server at home.

• Hi Roland, there are quite a few possibilities that were already discussed in the forum. Tty to search for DMS or related wordings. Personally, I use ecoDMS as solution - and can recommend it, which is definetely affordable (I think EUR 49,00/ needed connection between server and client). But you might also consider in simply using a defined folder structure, where you save your PDFs. Best regards, Gilhin

• Win 10 Cannot See the OMV device.

Gilhin - - General

Greetings, When you say that you enabled everything, did you enable SMB/CIFS? And did you furthermore add a shared folder that should be broadcasts by samba? If not, please do so. This should work. Best regards, Gilhin

• Cannot install JDownload

Gilhin - - Plugins

As your problem looks like your OMV installation does not recognize the JDownloader repository, have you checked that you are on OMV 2.X and you have enabled the most recent OMV-extras plugins?

• Unable to install subsonic PlugIn

Gilhin - - Plugins

Just to bring this issue to an end and to document the final solution. I tried to use the OMV 3 ISO, upgraded to the latest version (3.0.22) and installed the OMV-extras Plugin. After simply enabling the OMV extras testing repo as well, I was unable to login via the GUI, I received an error saying "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused". I finally decided to stay with a 2.X version, which is currently reinstalled and running smoothly. Thank you for your support!

• Autoshutdown funktioniert nicht

Gilhin - - Plugins

Sorry, dass es so nicht funktioniert hat, aber schön, dass Du jetzt einen Workaround gefunden hast. Gruß, Gilhin

Gilhin - - Plugins

Jetzt mal ganz blöd gedacht:- ​Ggf. WLAN an, dass dann übernimmt? - Im Router mal nachvollzogen, ob das Gerät wirklich "aus" ist? ​

Gilhin - - Plugins

Hallo zurück, ich verstehe Dein Problem ehrlich gesagt nicht. In den Einstellungen hast Du definiert, dass die IPs 192.168.0.103 und 192.168.0.105 den Server wach halten sollen. Wenn ich mir Dein Log anschaue, dann taucht da genau die 105 auf, die ein Herunterfahren verhindert. Ob Du Dich per SSH verbindest oder nicht, ist hier nicht wichtig, sondern nur, ob diese IP während eines Überachungszyklus als aktiv im Netzwerk gefunden wird. Momentan würde ich also sagen: Das ist kein Fehler, das muss …

Gilhin - - Plugins

Because I always did it this way... But honestly: The main reason is because the ISO-version on the homepage is at 3.0.2 and I hope to get a more recent (finished) version using the repositories.

Gilhin - - Plugins

Thank you, I will try my best...

Gilhin - - Plugins

Quote: “Some of the big ones that aren't ported yet (or not finished) are snapraid, docker, and zfs​” That is definetely no dealbreaker for me, as I use exactly none of these plugins. So I'll start to make a backup of my data right away. One final thing: Is there a description how to install OMV 3 on a plain Debian 8 - I just found a way to upgrade...

Gilhin - - Plugins

So it's going to mergerfs, as I don't yet know if I will need the backport kernel or not. Is this plugin already ported? And just for being curious - is there already a OMV-extras plugin with only a few plugins or isn't it yet available at all?

Gilhin - - Plugins

I already read about this status in the forum, but unfortunately one or two of the OMV-Extras (like AUFS or Autoshutdown) are crucial for my use-case. And I also got the little sidekick on the support - but I do not feel to have the abilities it needs. Sorry for that. Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Gilhin - - Plugins

Thank you for your feedback. I will try a clean reinstall as soon as OMV 3 is ready, as I would certainly have to do things twice here. Br, Gilhin Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Gilhin - - Plugins

Yes, I installed the complete libc6 package (libc6 libc6-dev libc6-dbg). I did so, because my installation attempts of ffmpeg showed an outdated libc6 package. So, from my point of view, this shouldn't be the problem, as I was unable to install both ffmpeg and tge subsonic plugin before installing the newer libc6 package. Or am I thinking into the wrong direction?