Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

• For testing regex try regexr.com/ (there are a lot of other sites also). They also have a good manual included Also linux.die.net/man/1/rsync gives some hints about filter. Helped me a lot.

• OMV 3.0 in VMWare

chris789 - - My NAS Build

Quote from ryecoaaron: “You still won't be able to create a shared folder with this method. OMV requires an entry in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml in order to use it in the web interface. ” I agree that it is not a good idea if you are not really familiar with what you are doing there. Will be more carefull with such proposals. BTW: Did some tests, it would work but I will not go into more details here. @buz91a: Did you install the OMV extras.org extensions? Don't think it…

• OMV 3.0 in VMWare

You are right. This is something I didn't check. There is a way to do this... . But it is very low level so you need to be really carefully. Never tested this in OMV so be careful and use a dummy share for testing! You are on a VM :-): Make a snapshot before. Assume you have a virtual data disk (you will need it). Are you familiar with the /etc/fstab and mount points? You need to add lines like below for each folder you added by VMWware Source Code (11 lines) This way you can make the mounted dr…

• OMV 3.0 in VMWare

Had a quick look: Quote from https://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_running_sharedfolder_viewing.html: “In a Linux virtual machine, shared folders appear under /mnt/hgfs. ”

• OMV 3.0 in VMWare

In VirtualBox I could set my test folder to auto mount. The folder appeared in /media (could also be /mnt in VMWare)

• OMV 3.0 in VMWare

Not sure if I got it right: You would like to administrate windows folders (folders from your Host OS) as shares in OMV? Think your first problem is to make them available in OMV. Don't have VMWare Workstation but I think the functionality is similar to Virtualbox. Check for "Shared folders" in the VMware setup for the OMV virtual maschine to mount the folders into your OMV. You might need to add users to a VMware group (at least I needed to do this in VirtualBox, tested with a virtual Linux box…

• Something I've seen in the script: Between --rsh and "ssh -p ..." is a missing '='. If you add the -e before the "ssh -p ..." you get the same as with ---rsh=ssh -p ... . Think the missing '=' is the problem. Cannot test how to get the correct syntax in the script because my OMV is 2.x and I use rsync as part of a bigger (self scripted) backup solution and not the plugin.

• Don't think you need a second port. But for a try to figure out where is the problem it might help. Same for the user. Until you have a stable connection I would remove the limits and then activate them one by one again. And test with ssh -p 22445 -vvv user<at>server to see where the ssh hangs.

• Compared with my one. I don't have the AllowUsers line. Following the man page you restrict the access with this to user XXXXX Is this your intention?

• No, not this one. The /etc/ssh/ssd_config on the web server (the destination) must conatin something like: Shell-Script (10 lines) Just added the line 6 (Port 22455) on my own server for a test and could connect with ssh -p 22445 <my user><at><my server>.

• With ssh? You try to use rsync over ssh which means the ssh connection needs to be established first. Can you post the sshd_conf from the web server? Is there a line Port 22445 to establish a listener on the port? (multiple entries are allowed but didn't test is by myself)

• First rely is blocke. Assume because of <at> So the port is open/there is a listener Assume ssh -p 22445 user<at>erver will also work... .

• So the port is open/there is a listener Assume ssh -p 22445 user@server will also work... .

• Can you try on your OMV server nc -nvz <web server ip> 22445 (if you would like to use the host name use nc -vz <hostname> 22445 ? nc is used to check if there is a listener on the remote site (like e.g. a ssh deamon) Not sure if nc is installed by default, if not use apt to install it.

• Forgotten to add: Remember you use .ssh/<keyname> for the key in your rsync. Please try with full path to the key (e.g. /home/user/.ssh/keyname) instead.

• Ok, let me summarize for my understanding: - You have the keys on both systems - The public key is on both systems in the authorized_keys of the destination account - The public key is stored in the right format in the authorized keys - The private key is rw for the user who starts the ssh/rsync. And only for this user (mask 600) And it still asks you for a pw. Can you try to connect with rsync and -v to get a debug output? Should help to find the problem.

• You don't have a key on your local system?

• HI, nc or telnet are for checking the connectivity from teh remote site to your Pi. They don't do a login but chekc if all routes are ok/ports are open.

• Does wit work with ssh -v -i <key file>? -v gives more details for debugging.

• Looks like a FW or routing problem. Can you try nc -nvz <your IP> <your port> or if no nc/netcat available telnet <your IP> <your port> to check connectivity?