Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Samba Active Directory Domain

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

I asked for help and impressed that this wasn't a Samba problem, but the only answers I got, implied it was a Samba problem, it isn't. I ran the code and got this: Array ( [name] => rowland [passwd] => * [uid] => 10000 [gid] => 10000 [gecos] => Rowland Penny [dir] => /home/rowland [shell] => /bin/bash ) Array ( [name] => rowland [passwd] => * [uid] => 10000 [gid] => 10000 [gecos] => Rowland Penny [dir] => /home/rowland [shell] => /bin/bash ) My gut feeling is that there is something in your code…

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

Everything from the Samba and OS side works wbinfo -u shows all domain users wbinfo -g shows all domain groups getent passwd shows ALL users getent group shows ALL groups There is nothing wrong from the Debian/Samba side of things. I have looked in all the logs and can find no reason for the lack of users & groups in he OMV web UI. From what I have found, it looks like the web UI uses getent to list the users and groups, if so, why doesn't it work for me ? Could I have broken something, if so, W…

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from donh: “Since you have provided almost no details it is hard to help just guess. The code in omv is working for others. Read threw some of the examples. If your uid's are higher than 60000 look at /etc/login.defs. Since users show in getent it is almost certainly something in smb.conf. Found an old note and here is what I had in extras. #[Custom] security=ads realm=YOURDOMAIN.COM idmap config * : range = 10000-20000 idmap config * : backend = tdb idmap config YOURDOMAIN : default = yes…

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

They are all there (apart from the first one and the default setting is okay) This is not a Samba problem. If I run 'getent passwd' on the CLI. I get ALL users, local and domain If I run 'getent group', I get ALL groups, local and domain smb.conf is set up correctly, which is more than I can say for the default OMV smb.conf If I go to the web ui and try to list users or groups I get nothing Please believe me when I say Samba is set up correctly.

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

Do you mean as in: rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/rowland:/bin/bash (cut & pasted from the OMC CLI) If so, yes. Not that it should make any difference, it is running as a Unix Domain member, so the user range comes from AD. NOTE: I am not using sssd, I am using the winbind 'ad' backend.

hortimech - - CIFS/SMB

Hi, I have installed OMV4 on a raspberrypi3, I have then installed Samba and configured it as a Unix domain member. From the CLI this is working, 'getent passwd' returns ALL users, but when I go to the OMV Web UI -> Access Rights Management -> User, I do not get any users. I think the code for getting the users is here: github.com/openmediavault/open…ediavault/system/user.inc /** * Enumerate user names. * @return An array of user names. * @throw \OMV\ExecException */ public static function getUs…