Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Quote from subzero79: “did not have issues at all mounting in omv the /dev/bcache0 device. I used two virtual disks of 2GB. This is debian9+omv4 in server, not with gnome installed, using the bcache tools from debian repos. A full gnome desktop env should not be installed among omv. ” You are right, the GUI was messing with my ability to properly mount the bcache volume. Did not think it would matter enough for a prototype "proof of concept," but apparently it did. Thank you for your help, bcach…

• Thank you for having a look! Bcache is really simple to set up, about 10 commands including directory changes once you have bcache installed. I used these guides nearly verbatim (logged in as root): 1. Tech-G - After setting up with this guide I thought that maybe I did something wrong. Getting the drives disconnected was a real challenge so I found the a second guide 2. Kernel.org (better setup instructions) - Included instructions for "probing initialization failed: Device or resource busy" is…

• Quote from subzero79: “THere is bcache tools in Debian Stretch and bcache module in bpo stretch kernel. There is nothing implemented in omv UI or backend to handle bcache. ” This appears to be accurate, from what I can tell I set up bcache correctly in CLI and OMV even recognizes it. As soon as I try to mount it for a shared folder it crashes, though. I tried LVM's caching feature before bcache because it seemed like it was more reliable and closer to business grade. OMV can mount the logical vo…