Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 38.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “If people can test my update. WARNING!!!! This may destroy your setup. Use at your own risk and have a backup. omv-extras.org/testing/openmed…-docker-gui_4.0.4_all.deb ” worked for me flawelessly. !! Thanks. Download the above file; in Extensions press upload this file > OK; in Update Management select the 4.0.4 and update errors gone straight away.

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from edterbak: “does NOT work in OMV, ” You didn't have to do that OMV-Extras Kernel tab scroll to the bottom, install from there and then use the reboot button....but that's OK you now have a rescue usb for next time ” No, I didnt. Missed that. However, I called the wipefs command. It is there and it reacts as it should. Although, when it tells me the ZFS signature is deleted, it is not. Just as mentioned in other threads. I would gues (as a noob) that if a command res…

• just to confirm. wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0d3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb does NOT work in OMV, instead I used: - systemrescuecd-x86-5.3.1.iso as OS. - Used Rufus to burn iso to USB.

• Yes, succes!! Did exactly as you all suggested. to see the zfs signatures to delete: wipefs -n /dev/sdb Then to delete them wipefs -b -o 0xe8e0d3f000 -t noext4 /dev/sdb In my case, there were only zfs signatures on the sdb drive, not on any sdb1... after that rebooted into OMV 4.x and the drive is there again. And most important, all data is there and still in one piece. !!! Thank you @geaves, thank you @ananas and thank you @tkaiser

• Hi, I have a backup now. Did: wipefs -n /dev/sdb Brainfuck Source Code (4 lines)wipefs -n /dev/sdb1 Brainfuck Source Code (6 lines)zfs list No datasets available Does this suggest there IS actually a zfs system with an ext4 inside?? (sounds insane to me to be honest...) What do you suggest I do next. wipefs -o 0xe8e0d3f000 /dev/sdb ? or import ZFS pool?

• Hi First of all. thank you for your attention. I have installed ZFS plugin. Nothing else for now. When selecting ZFS, the option [Import Pool] is clickable. Is this the first thing to try? (after backup ofcourse) regards, PS. action on my side is currently slow. Im getting married this week. Busy busy.

• Hi, Likely this evening my new hdd will arrive. Here are the step I have in mind doing. Please reply if something is wrong. ssh webclient root password Then: ddrescue -n /dev/sdb /dev/sde rescue.log Disk I want to backup from is disk sdb Disk I want to backup to will be disk sde Q1: When done this task, how do I check log to see if it was done correctly? What to check. Q2: In case the next steps go wrong I need to put backup from sde back again on sdb. Below is correct? ddrescue -n /dev/sde /dev…

• arrrgh.. again a doublepost... >> ignore

• Here is the requested extra information about my system. Release: 4.1.12 Codename: Arrakis Linux NAS 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.14.13-1~bpo9+1 (2018-01-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux Below is a big chunk of System information - Reports > copy/past If this is insufficient, please let me know. I will wait until the ordered HDD is in, try to clone with ddrescue then from within OMV. IF there are harmless commands I can give more usefull information, or try something harmless, please just let me kno…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from edterbak: “I am not aware that I was using zfs ” Just to be sure: You're not using ZFS right now, you don't want to use it right now and your whole issue is you having a Snapraid setup that became inaccessible now after updating to OMV4 with all your data on three Snapraid disks without an external backup? ” Correct, I curerntly am NOT using ZFS. Plugin is currently not even enabled (maybe Ill try that tonight, just enable it, but I dont expect this will have any …

• Thank you for the guidance so far. Much appreciated! I do feel a bit silly now, going to upgrade without backup first. I felt safe because of the snapraid, and probably a wrong understanding of how this actually works. I guess grabbing one HDD out of the current NASbox, putting it in a windows machine / or other OS is out of the question to create a backup? To go forward. I have ordered a new 4TB HDD to tie next to other HDD's, to backup the stuff. Its coming soon. >> Do you have a tip to backup…

• Thanks geaves for the time.!! Much appreciated. zfs you say. I saw that as well. But the 'weird' thing is that I am not aware that I was using zfs. I will try next. Enable zfs plugin. See what happens. Maybe I'm lucky and things are detected and visible after that. Are there any commands I can use to list / try to mount (in a non wiping manner) ?

• HI, I am a noob as it comes to linux. I am a windows guy. But I just like OMV too much as it has been serving me great for so long. THanks !!! THink I am running into. I upgraded from OMV 3.x to 4.x. using Putty, but this failed somehow. SO I decided to do a fresh OMV 4.1 install. I have 4 disks, 1 SSD for OS and 3 HDD using snapraid. Disk 1, in use disk, used in network. Disk 2, mirror with parrity of D1+3 Disk 3, mirror with parrity of D1+2 Currently, 1 SSD disk is found and mounted as the OS …

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

edterbak - - Plugins

Haha... is it that simple? Now I feel like an idiot. Ok, so I put that line in the cron 23h59 every monday. Delete threshold at 10. Is this a good setting? Or should I leave that at 0? Now every monday the drives will be synced right? haha.. Thanks for the help Solo. Appreciated a lot!

edterbak - - Plugins

Hi, I am a noob in working from command or that stuff. Linux in general is not my second nature yet. I did a fix once from putty, but thats following the the manual (was feeling pretty proud I was able to do that gheheh) That's why I rely on GUI mainly. I am still not able to get schedule a task that monthly/weekly/.. performs a sync. Is that possible from GUI? I know it has to do with anacron, but thats as far as I got. I did not find a perfect script yet, or anything thats easy in gui. click'n…

edterbak - - Plugins

Yep. clickin clear after that error corrects it. now I have a clear log.. ghehehe. but error is gone.

edterbak - - Plugins

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. @ ryecoaaron: I just tried open logfiles of SnapRAID in 'system logs' and look at the actual text.. Cant seem to open that. This is what I see. forum.openmediavault.org/index…b90f74907ce976062a8c9956f Source Code (8 lines) So showing actual log doesnt work I guess. But if I remember correctly: I first did a Sync job with DISK 1 containing data (Disk 2 still empty). RSync to mirror Disk 1 > Disk 2. Run Sync job again, which resulted in a message telling m…

edterbak - - Plugins

@Solo0815 or anyone? About my 2 posts above. is there any feedback worth sharing with me Just really curious. But I don't want to be annoying...

edterbak - - Plugins

Another question besides the above onec :). Situation: DataDisk 1 DataDisk 2 ParityDisk 1 Datadisk 1: contains all my important documents, homevideos and pictures.... etc. Datadisk 2: mirror of datadisk 1 I have 1/month: RSync to backups DataDisk 1 > DataDisk 2. I have 1/week: SnapRAID Sync Do I need to worry about timestamp issues on disk 2 for SnapRAID sync job? Why do I ask? I just got a warning about the DataDisk being empty or backuped with fresh timestamps during attempt sync from GUI. So …

edterbak - - Plugins

Thanks for the reply Solo. I have nearly everything set up like I want it. Snapraid running, RSync is setup ok. (owncloud and notificaton etc.. all ok now.) Mirrored disk 1 and 2, with snapraid parity on drive 3. only one thing for me to go now. How to get a cron job to work. I figured out with cron you mean "Scheduled Jobs" or "Anacron". The first is per default present, and anacron is a plugin which I now downloaded. And the plugin is user friendly in the sense that it allows you to upload a s…