Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 172.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does OMV support dual CPUs?

henfri - - General

Dont forget the power consumption ($$)

• RAID6 gone, please help

henfri - - RAID

How do you identify corrupted Vs intact data?

henfri - - RAID

I suggest to test the data... Scrub?

henfri - - RAID

I saw that. Otherwise I would have been stronger in my words

henfri - - RAID

A raid 6 with 16 devices... Sounds risky. The probability of two devices failing during a rebuild is not low.

• Why should you use or not use dockers

henfri - - General

Heimdall

• Ipv6 Network not reachable

henfri - - Network

No ideas?

• Why should you use or not use dockers

henfri - - General

Quote from razvanrudy: “Hi all , so the question is why should I use dockers ? Is there any advantage ? ” Yes. It's like an App. All in one Package with no dependencies. Without Docker, you can have a situation that e.g. PLEX needs libssh > 1.3 and Snapraid needs libssh <1.3 and then the trouble starts. Greetings, Hendrik

• Ipv6 Network not reachable

henfri - - Network

Hello, I had ipv6 working on this machine in the past, but not anymore, for some reason: Source Code (14 lines) I can fix this by: Source Code (1 line) So, I assume the reason is the dhcp (v6) Source Code (26 lines) I do not know what this means though. The configuration on this machine is very similar to another machine that I administer (at a different place). The difference is that the other machine uses dhcp v4 as well and wifi instead of wired connection. Source Code (20 lines) Where is my …

• Ja, das fürchte ich.

• Was sagt dmesg | ATA an der Kommandozeile?

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

henfri - - Plugins

Hello, you will need to inform yourself about docker first in general. Once you understand the concept, you can search for a ddns container. Apart from that, I do not think that a docker container is justified for a simple ddns script. I would search for "dynamic dns debian" Regards, Hendrik

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

henfri - - Plugins

Thanks. I am a docker Fan. But I do not understand what problem Docker solves in this case? Letsencrypt brings its own Webserver and it's port can be configured. Why not do that? Greetings, Hendrik

henfri - - Plugins

Any thoughts, Aaron?

henfri - - Plugins

Hello, I understand. I am not just thinking about a usecase for myself, but also for the newbie user. What is the intendet scenario? I think by default, the plugin will tend to make the user open the webinterface to the internet. Your suggestion of using a different port for letsencrypt is good. So if letsencrypt would by default listen on port 79 one could ask the user to forward port 80 to 79 and everything would work. I think that forwarding port 80 to 79 is almost as easy as forwarding 80 to…

henfri - - Plugins

Hello, so if I set the OMV Web-Interface Port to something other than 80 it will not work by default, but I need to configure nginx (or another webserver) to listen at port 80... Regarding the return code: Source Code (12 lines)This opened the port. Source Code (13 lines)This closed the port. Exit code is 0. Let's close the port again. This will fail. Source Code (14 lines)but the return code is 0. One can parse the commandline output of upnc though (714 in this case). Also, upnpc will list the …

henfri - - Plugins

Hello, thanks for this plugin! If I understand correctly, it requires port 80 to be open to the internet and also the OMV Webinterface to listen on port 80. I am not so comfortable with that. What I am currently doing manually is to open Port 80 in my router via upnc only when needed: Source Code (7 lines)Wouldn't it be good to add this option to the plugin? Greetings, Hendrik

• For a pure Nas it is certainly true. For a NAS running some more stuff (some containers here) not. Anyway: Do you have some keywords/hints to direct me?

• Hello Understood. Is there a reason why the monitor script cannot be ported to x86? Greetings, Hendrik