Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 66.

• I manually ran an FSCK on the drive and all is well.

• I have installed OMV latest and as usual I installed and then booted with GPARTED to resize the Boot Partition to 32GB and use the remaining 400GB+ for /home Problem is on the latest release, openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64, after using GPARTED to perform any type of resizing the system reboots to a BUS ERROR and goes no further. I have done this many times in the past and am not quite sure what's happening here.

• smb access from mac

sjdaniels - - General

That's permissions on your drive. You're seeing an error from your Mac that says something like "User attempting to make changes in Finder..." The drive permissions are off. I can't get into specifics... in the middle of a server crash from Bios update... here's a free hint, if it aint broke, don't fix it. You can work around this by chmod 777 the drive or folder and it will work.

• Plex Media Server Error

sjdaniels - - Plugins

I recommend not using the plugin. No access to Plex after new install of OMV 3.x The plugin may be fixable, may be updatable and supported... but there are issues. The method provided above works every time for me without issue.

• I'm not sure if I follow? I access remotely, but I have a domain name registered with no-ip.com and use my router/modem to update the IP. I just go to mydomain.com:4433 I modified the OMV web to be port 8080 and 4433 and use 80 and 443 for my default nginx website. Both sites share the Lets Encrypt SSL certificate. I generate the SSL for OMV and when I install the nginx plugin I simply drop down to the SSL I already created. I have tried the reverse method and it didn't work. I had massive error…

• smb access from mac

sjdaniels - - General

In finder you select "Go" and drop down to "Connect to Server". I can tell you manual instructions, i.e. afp://000.000.000.000, but you should be able to click "Browse" button and see the server. If not... there is a problem. 1. Make sure your connected to the same network as your server... this is not an internet service. 2. Relaunch your Finder. Those are the easiest and first two things to check. On OS High-Sierra I often need to "alt command esc" and Relaunch Finder. It's a bit quirky someti…

• Mirror, no drives listed

sjdaniels - - RAID

Are they listed under Physical Disks tab ?

• Works perfectly. As long as everything does what I need it to do, I only need security updates anyways. forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6

• I manually edit /etc/netatalk/afp.conf to include... [Global] ; Global server settings hostname = "Mac Server" mimic model = Xserve3,1 But any time I create, edit or modify using the webui it deletes my changes. I also prefer... [My Media] path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sda for full access to the disk, not just a specified shared folder. Is there a file or script I can edit within /var/www/openmediavault/ to fix this or I should say modify to my specs instead of the omv default? I tried not using…

• No Network Interface on 4.0.10 ?

sjdaniels - - General

Quote from votdev: “Quote from sjdaniels: “but after connecting I have no network interfaces. ” How did you have installed OMV4? If manually, have you executed Shell-Script (1 line)to import the system settings into the OMV database? Well, that could be it. I installed via an ISO DD'd to a USB and then strictly used the WebUI for updates. I used the Lets Encrypt plugin and it didn't work for either OMV or my NGINX which does work flawlessly in 3.x, so some searching led me to a few configs to ch…

sjdaniels - - General

Yah... I was expecting the "Enter to continue..." but I didn't get it. It just stopped and I had to control c out.

sjdaniels - - General

Yah, I get what your saying on commands... just what I'm use to. The /home directory I understand, but in 3.x it would at least load the the file. I just get the error on anything I try to nano and never opens anything, not even a new file. I use /home on 3.x because I enabled it manually. I'm using a 120GB SSD and full partition. But, even if it's not enabled at least nano launched, I would get the error once and that's it.

sjdaniels - - General

OK, I added it manually and it works... but just FYI for others thinking of the non-stable upgrade, there are other issues. Lets Encrypt is giving me a headache. -bash: ifconfig: command not found. Attempt to edit a file : Unable to create directory /home/sjdaniels/.nano: No such file or directory time for a roll back.

sjdaniels - - General

Why is there no ifconfig or netstat on 4.x ? I managed to find the local IP through my router clients list, but after connecting I have no network interfaces. I picked up a new APC today and had to move some stuff around, so I figured I would attempt 4.x and I am a bit confused. forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6

• I did this recently and if you can use the shell and are familiar with basic Linux commands the quickest way I found was to plug in an external USB 3.0 HDD. Mount it and cp everything to it, then setup the new system and reverse the process. I did this with 2.5TB of video files that I use to move over the network and would take hours or even days. The method I just described took 1 hour and 20 minutes.

• I agree with ryecoaaron, just generate a new one with the web gui and it will renew automatically. You don't need a bot, it's built into the LetsEncrypt plugin already. Just turn on the "Schedule Refresh" option, one click.

• Why Not? forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6

• Quote from siryounger: “Yes, but my network is split into multiple LANS (the Unifi Security Gateway has a LAN port that I have wired to my OMV NAS, but it is assigned to a LAN2, distinct from the LAN1 which connects to my AP). Anyway, I need to reassign my OMV IP (192.168.11.x --> 192.168.1.x) so it is on LAN1. Can you give me an idea where I go about this? Reinstall OMV? IS there an existing ipconfig I can edit? ” In OMV WebGUI it's just System - Network - Interfaces to setup your IP UPDATE: Al…

• I'm hoping someone else can help you out, because your network setup is a little complicated for me. I don't use any firewalls or special configs on the server side. That way I can test and troubleshoot locally without worries of IPFW corruption and such. Instead I use a firewall at my gateway/router level to the outside world. It makes things much easier to troubleshoot. Basically if it works in my office and not from the internet then I am fairly confident it's a firewall issue. Have you tried…