Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• The Class E Network

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “Does Proxmox use Dynamic Ram Allocation? ” I don't know, yet. But there's really no choice, as I see it, if I go the free route. And the free route is something of a requirement, so I could kick out the big bucks ($32) for a matched pair of Xeon X5660's. (I bought them, BTW. Spare no expense... ) Per ryecoarron; Proxmox allows for cloning VM's where free ESXi does not. Since I'll be doing things that may not be recommended ( rm -rf / ), being able to clone a freshly built gue…

• Well, in the first line of the example, to eliminate the line (and association) it would be necessary to delete the shared folder Backups_R. (In my setup the "_R" means "remote". This is a remote mount shared folder.) In the last line, Documents: It would be necessary to delete the associated SMB share AND the shared folder. _________________________________________________ Since you're new to this, for basic tasks, you might find the User Guide (in my signature below) useful. It's a work in pro…

• The Class E Network

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

As it turns out: I have the latest version of memtest86 AND I booted it under UEFI which makes row hammer testing possible. (AND) I have DDR3 which, as I have gathered, is the most susceptible to row hammer. It all seems like Lemony Snicket's - "A Series of Unfortunate Events". In reading papers, I've learned more about RAM refresh rates and methods being deployed to prevent row hammer but really, there's no "there" there. (It would take a world class hack to do an exploit.) As it seems, the mos…

• Zoneminder using Docker

flmaxey - - General

Points to you for tenacity and to @TechnoDadLife for making things easy. He covers a LOT of ground with his vid's. -> Zoneminder

• For future reference, there's a plugin call "Reset Perms". When added, it will proved an extra tab (Shared Folder in Use) as shown below. It can be used to determine if any service is attached to a shared folder. (That's why this plugin is useful. Configuring a server is a sot of evolution, that may over years. The minor details may be forgotten.) Once all references to shared folders are deleted, this page is clear, and the hard drive will unmount. forum.openmediavault.org/index…82b1f891b43ee97…

• The Class E Network

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

Geaves; Servers were your thing back in the day,, so... I've been running memtest86 non-stop for, well, a couple days. I've turned up a couple ECC corrected error's in the row hammer test (Test 13), but no hard uncorrectable errors. Would you be concerned? Did you turn up similar results when testing servers, back in the day? The doc's I'm reading indicate that, given the duration of the test (a couple days) and hard testing, that a correctable error here or there might be normal. I read one art…

• Cannot create RAID, new install

flmaxey - - General

Well, you have a handle on it and know what you want to do. My preference is to replicate the server entirely on a second device. If something goes wrong with the first, there's zero down time. Switch to the second. It's already there with identical content. ___________________________________________________________ BTW: you can Rsync Windows network shares in the same manner. It just takes a username and password with at least read access, if pulling, or write access, if pushing. I don't use c…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from telijah: “Son of a bitch, it was the Path, I didn't think of it the way you spelled it out but yes, in the Shared Folder setup, I had put in SynPlexMedia thinking it needed the name I gave it. Once I changed the Path to just be the forward slash, I can see it creating the file list now (using Preview mode first). ” So the problem was,,, it worked EXACTLY the way you configured it.... (Just kidding - glad it worked out.) Remote Mount takes you "there", to the root of the remote share o…

• Yeah, remember how you configured it? 1. Wipe the hard drive. 2. Create a file system 3. Mount the drive. 4. Create a shared folder 5. Use SMB to put the shared folder on the network. (And other services you may have added.) ________________________________________________________ Now, in reverse order, you'll need to deconfigure it: 5. Delete all SMB shares attached to the drive. (And other services you may have added.) 4. Delete all shared folders attached to the drive. 3. (When the above all …

flmaxey - - General

Quote from telijah: “I did not get it backwards, everything is still there. Like I said, I placed the test file onto the local 10tb drive, and the rsync job did delete the test file as it does not exist on the Synology drive, so delete action direction was correct. ” Bro - you don't know how relieved I am, for you... That would have been a disaster. So, let's change things - don't turn the delete switch on in Rsync, until you're sure you have two full copies! Quote from telijah: “Please wait, sy…

• Quote from esteid: “It was my understanding that using UnionFS was going to create one large file system which included my old data and made room for new data. ” That's exactly what it did. But it didn't erase or otherwise remove/hide the old mount points. Quote from esteid: “I expected that the old folders would display inside the new folder I create from that file system. ” OK, it's about definitions. A "folder" is a directory - pure and simple. A "shared folder", in OMV, is nothing more chang…

flmaxey - - General

I hope you didn't erase the synology share - which is what would happen if you got it bass ackwards with the delete switch on. The delete cycle is brutally fast. Check the synology share to see if it exists - with files in it.

• Quote from esteid: “I connected to the smb version of the new share folder and it connects fine. Shows the full file size, and the used portion of the first drive. But when I open the folder there are no folders/files inside of it. ” Using SMB to put a "new shared folder" on the network is not going to put data in it. Are you sure you're using the right mount point? The following (in the red box) is my mount point for Union1. (The union consists of the 2 drives in the green box. And, while off t…

• UnionFs requires 2 drives (obviously - it wouldn't be needed otherwise). And SNAPRAID requires another, or a 3rd drive, for parity. So, a UnionFS+SNAPRAID setup requires a total of 3 disks. Also, a hard requirement is that the SNAPRAID drive must be the largest in the array. This is necessary for the parity calculation. When setting up SNAPRAID note that both of your data drives should have a "content file". A good copy of the content file is required for recovery. (In the event of a data drive …

• If you've been trying to install from a USB drive, try installing from a CD burned from the OMV ISO.

• I don't quite understand "what" is "where" however: You can combine two drives using UnionFS, without disturbing their contents. You should investigate the differences between the storage policies, used by UnionFS. The primary 2 polices for same sized drives are, "Existing Path, most free space" or "Most free space". The former is the easiest to back out of but, given the policy, it's possible to completely fill the first drive before using the second drive. The later (most free space) distribut…

• Quote from Kai: “According to your post the only thing I need to worry about is the Flash plugin, correct? ” Correct. To make the Flash Memory Plugin available for X64 platforms (it's preinstalled on SBC's), it's necessary to install the OMV-Extras plugin. The process you'd need is in this User Guide, starting on page 40. (The install of OMV-Extras is a bit on the abstract side so, well,, that's part of what the guide is for.) After installing OMV-Extras and turning on the testing repo' , there'…

• I've been using 16 to 32GB USB thumb drives and SD-cards for years. I've had no problems, as long as the the Flash memory plugin is installed and the item is not a cheap generic. My personal preference is to have the boot drive accessible from the outside of the case, which makes cloning (for OS backup) easy. (Some use small SSD's, with a USB to sata or M2 adapter, for this purpose.)

• Try: wipefs --all --force /dev/sd? (Where the ? is the letter of the drive you're preparing to use with mdadm RAID .)

• Cannot used authenticated FTP/SMB/NFS

flmaxey - - General

So it wasn't necessary to change the policy setting, as outlined at the bottom? -> Update 11/26/18 - SMB Guest access Just the items at the top? (This is just for clarification, for other forum/Win10 users.)