Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from esteid: “I connected to the smb version of the new share folder and it connects fine. Shows the full file size, and the used portion of the first drive. But when I open the folder there are no folders/files inside of it. ” Using SMB to put a "new shared folder" on the network is not going to put data in it. Are you sure you're using the right mount point? /snipped Now, you can go to SMB/CIF and put the new share (with old data) on the network. ” It was my understa…

• Quote from flmaxey: “UnionFs requires 2 drives (obviously - it wouldn't be needed otherwise). And SNAPRAID requires another, or a 3rd drive, for parity. So, a UnionFS+SNAPRAID setup requires a total of 3 disks. Also, a hard requirement is that the SNAPRAID drive must be the largest in the array. This is necessary for the parity calculation. When setting up SNAPRAID note that both of your data drives should have a "content file". A good copy of the content file is required for recovery. (In the e…

• I wasn't sure that would work internally. That is great news. Thanks!

• Quote from flmaxey: “UnionFs requires 2 drives (obviously - it wouldn't be needed otherwise). And SNAPRAID requires another, or a 3rd drive, for parity. So, a UnionFS+SNAPRAID setup requires a total of 3 disks. Also, a hard requirement is that the SNAPRAID drive must be the largest in the array. This is necessary for the parity calculation. When setting up SNAPRAID note that both of your data drives should have a "content file". A good copy of the content file is required for recovery. (In the e…

• Quote from flmaxey: “I don't quite understand "what" is "where" however: You can combine two drives using UnionFS, without disturbing their contents. You should investigate the differences between the storage policies, used by UnionFS. The primary 2 polices for same sized drives are, "Existing Path, most free space" or "Most free space". The former is the easiest to back out of but, given the policy, it's possible to completely fill the first drive before using the second drive. The later (most …

• I have a larger drive with multiple disks with all of my media on it. I would like to backup only select folders to another file system any time they are updated. Is there a tool for that?

• Thanks in advance for the advice. I've read some threads on this, but none that directly mirror my situation, so I figured I would ask. First the hardware: R510 running OMV all by itself.It has an H200 so it see's larger drives. It has 3 146gb dell drives in a software RAID in OMV. It has had an 8TB WD (shucked easystore) for a while. And its got basically all of our "stuff" on it. I was using another 8tb easystore still in the enclosure for backup and cold storage. I picked up a 10tb easystore …