Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• When you did omv-firstaid Option 1 did you tell it to use dhcp? What that should have done is reset eth0 which should then have broadcast a request to the router. The alternative is to set a static IP outside of the dhcp scope on the router, but you'll need to use omv-firstaid again

• @cghill It's not that Raid doesn't have a lot of love it's just there are simpler ways to do things, when it comes to this use the KISS format However, you need @flmaxey quick tag and he'll come and look he's good at recycling , but look at this

• Docker and FHEM

geaves - - General

I got it working! Well at least the web interface is displayed

• Docker and FHEM

geaves - - General

There is only one other thing I could suggest is to ask for help in the FHEM forum, download the container, select and hit run, the take screen shots from the setup/run dialogue that comes up and explain that this an OMV plugin, someone might be able to help. I knew a soon at the restart appeared there was a problem I just couldn't locate it, other than an error relating to configDB came back as error code 2.

• Docker and FHEM

geaves - - General

Quote from mipi: “trust on you ;-)) ” No luck, it seems to keep restarting, then runs, but cannot get to the web interface, neither can I get the container to stop. It does however, works as far as the Volumes and Bind mounts where the host path is pointing to, everything is extracting and there is a directory structure. But without the web interface you can't configure anything.

• Quote from ktl97: “Tried to edit using nano /proc/mounts but it will not save. ” It won't save because it's a tmpfs. Well the fstab is clear, the only thing I can suggest is to delete the container Openvpn-as and start again

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

You remember when I tried the Pi-Hole DHCP and I had trouble getting some hardware to use it -> well it turns out it could be related to host names. So everything on the network has a host name except for the satellite stuff and yesterday daughter bought herself a Kindle. OMV's dns/dhcp issues an ip address but registers the items host name as *(ip address issued) and it's that that fails on Pi-Hole's dhcp. So if there is no host name it will not issue an ip address

• Quote from Joe86: “When I'm using plex(installed from OMV Extras) transcoding won't work at all. Everytime it crashes even before trying to transcode. ” TBH honest Plex users have gone to Docker and there is a video about how to install it in the Guides section.

• Docker and FHEM

geaves - - General

Quote from mipi: “Sry, overseen this answer ... i'm runnin on X86 Mobo Asrock Q29000-ITX, Intel with 8GB ... is this enough info? ” Ok, I asked simply because I have seen the wrong Docker container being downloaded -> I'll have a look at how this is installed but don't get too hopeful the instructions are about as clear as mud

• Post the output of cat /etc/fstab

• Unable to access RAID Intermitently

geaves - - General

Quote from arronr: “Ive checked every drive on the RAID and it is showing in the attached image. ” That's fine if everything is disabled. Quote from arronr: “One last thing. Is there anything 8-Port or more that is guaranteed to work with OMV? ” It's Linux in general nothing to with OMV, your best option is to search unless someone on here can make a suggestion, this might help fully identify that card.

geaves - - General

I don't think the issue is related to OMV, unless there are driver issues within the kernel -> I found this which could well point to the card being the issue. To check the drive spindown, Disks -> Select a drive -> Edit and ensure everything is disabled.

• cloning

geaves - - General

Using Win32DiskImager -> Choose your backup location -> Create new text document -> Select it, right click, rename -> Give it a name with the ext .img windows will complain, ok or yes to the pop up -> File created Win32 -> Automatically locates USB (if there is only one!) -> Click on the folder and browse to the file you just created -> Select Read you will get a request to overwrite the current selected file, yes or ok -> The image is now written to that file name Win32 is "imaging" the whole o…

geaves - - General

This is like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack; Network: Ethernet Cable, Switch, NIC in server, Nic in Windows machine, Ethernet/Wireless on Windows machine, if you are using your router's Ethernet Ports (router's Ethernet Ports are in effect a hub -> PITA) OMV: drive spin down/suspend, WOL, Smart errors, potential drive/s failure will cause a raid to slow down, I believe sequential drive serial numbers can present a problem. The list becomes endless you just have to work throug…

• Quote from ktl97: “Can't find it using sudo /etc/openmediavault/config.xml ” That's correct, I have just watched @TechnoDadLife video regarding the noexec, there are clearly three options for this to work, 1) Remove the noexec from config.xml 2) From the cli omv-mkconf fstab 3) Reboot Once completing 1, 2 is a must do otherwise the fstab will remain the same and therefore I'm surmising the tmpfs will generate the noexec flag. If you do cat /proc/fstab does noexec appear on any of your mounted dr…

• Quote from cghill: “Then I wanted to try "simulating" an HDD failure by removing the 1 TB drive. ” What you are trying simply doesn't work, the Raid appears as inactive pulling a drive is not the same as a drive failing. There is a long thread here whilst this refers to a Raid 5 the principles are the same. EDIT Footnote: Quote from cghill: “Then ultimately I wanted to test recovering the RAID with another 2 TB and test if the RAID automatically grew from 1 TB to 2 TB ” That won't work either, y…

• Docker: Jdownloader Java Error

geaves - - Plugins

Have you tried following @TechnoDadLife video on this for Docker, seems fairly straightforward.

• You might want to try wipefs --all --force /dev/sdb this seems to work better on drives having been used on other systems, that command will erase any file system signatures on the drive, you should then be able to proceed using the GUI to set up the drive. Good luck

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Well at the prices you buy kit at second hand, the beefier the merrier Now years ago when the switch came from 486 to the first Pentium we would call that "willy waving" that's a technical terminology that was used within the CIX gaming world To have that amount of hardware would not be worth the grief from you know who