Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

• Just a follow up, I reset the notification, rebooted and set it up again and it seems to be working now.

• This weekend my server started sending me duplicate notifications, even my send a test notification comes in twice. Any idea what might be causing this and how I might resolve it. If you do have a solution, could you please be specific how to apply it, I am not very good at all with linux but can follow instructions. Thanks

• OMV 4.1.3 Problems after installation

plonger - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from plonger: “So are these software bugs that need to be ironed out or is there a problem with php7 and some hardware? ” They seem to be a bug in php7 (hardware independent) but we have no idea what the bug is. It is difficult to replicate on purpose. ” Thank you for the reply. I gave OMV 4 a try a few months back and it mostly has been working but I can wait a bit longer before giving it another go.

plonger - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from plonger: “Went back to 3 tonight and had zero issues so 4 is messed up at least for some people ” Quote from bookie56: “Yep....it would seem that way.... ” That is because OMV 3.x uses php 5 versus OMV 4.x using php 7. ” So are these software bugs that need to be ironed out or is there a problem with php7 and some hardware?

• It appears this is a problem with OMV 4, went back to 3 tonight so i can use my system and had zero issues getting it up and running. I'm not sure whether to mark this as resolved or not since the issue is still there

plonger - - General

Yeah, seems a few people are having similar issues. Went back to 3 tonight and had zero issues so 4 is messed up at least for some people

• Quote from macom: “Is your system fully updated? ” Well, that's a question I'm not sure about. I did a fresh install with 4.1.3-1 and had a bunch of updates in update management on the GUI. Selected them all and hit upgrade but at the end of the dialog box had several errors which are shown in the attached picture. Rebooted the system and went back to the update management and there are no updates shown and I am now running 4.1.4-1. That said, still getting the errors when trying to format my dr…

plonger - - General

Same thing here but i get them when trying to format my drives.

• Errors while attempting to format drives

plonger - - General

I tried wiping the drives from the OMV GUI and still had them. I also noticed a few instances of another error Source Code (7 lines) I'm trying to understand, are these issues with my data drives and some corruption on them perhaps or is this something wrong with the OMV install, perhaps issues with my system sdd?

• I had a issue where my system hung up and after a hard reboot acted funny. Reinstalled OMV then reconnected my data drives and the system wouldn't boot. Eventually got things to work by installing with my data drives connected, but now when i am trying to format my data drives to move the data back onto them, I keep getting errors like this: Source Code (14 lines)The drive eventually formatted into ext4 but after quite a few of these errors. I had just ran Western Digitals data lifeguard on it a…

• Initramfs on clean installation

plonger - - General

Well my drives were not in raid either. I thought something on the drives got corrupted which was causing the error. Still having some problems though as when I try to format my drives back into ext4, i'm getting some weird error which i'm about to post about now.

• Initramfs on clean installation

plonger - - General

I'm not sure if it is the same problem I had in this thread drive problem but it does sound similar. Maybe it will help.

• Well it took quite some time to figure this out but for some reason when i attached my data drives it created a issue with booting. I got a suggestion to try reinstalling with my data drives connected and that did work although i had one data drive that was throwing a lot of errors before it would finally boot OMV fully. I spent the past day moving data off each data drive, then putting it in my Windows box where i ran Western Digital's data lifeguard tool on them before moving them back and onc…

• Yesterday my OMV system got hung up and I couldn't log into the console as i was getting an unable to connect message. I had to shut down OMV by holding the power button but had several issues with my docker setup so i decided to reinstall and start fresh. I installed OMV on my system disk, then updated it and finally powered it down to reconnect all my data drives. When i restarted the system, it never fully loads, it shows a screen with the following message Source Code (12 lines)It does this …

• Thank you for the clear and concise answer, I will give that a try.

• Could someone explain what this error means and is it critical to fix? I understand there is a fix listed above, but as a complete noob to linux I have no idea how to actually make the changes and save them.

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

plonger - - Plugins

Just got this too with everything updated and running on OMV 3, /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: line 375: [: too many arguments If I remember correctly this popped up a while ago and eventually got fixed, seems it might have slipped past on the last update maybe?

• Quote from macom: “You could use shellinabox-plugin ” I will look into that, thank you.

• I got it sorted out I think, just reinstalled and worked slowly through the updates rather than trying to run them all at once. As to my last question, is there not a way to have a command line panel in the webui so you can enter commands from within?

• Plex problems on fresh instal

plonger - - Plugins

It's a homebuilt system using a ASRock Q1900 with J1900 Celeron cpu.