Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 129.

• Omv, wake-up and kodi

DaWauZ - - General

In case of second option, will it be possible to use both onboard displayports, 1 for the Kodi and one for omv itself or at least the Kodi one? I am wondering if it's possible to shutdown the whole system when powering off Kodi. It will only shutdown the virtualbox, how to shutdown after that the Nas? I also have a T630 and T620 and t520. Verstuurd vanaf mijn TA-1012 met Tapatalk

• Omv, wake-up and kodi

DaWauZ - - General

I love to have one little box, like thin client or something. I have several also newer types. It hasn't to be high end. with 2 drives ssd and 1 os drive. Verstuurd vanaf mijn TA-1012 met Tapatalk

• Omv, wake-up and kodi

DaWauZ - - General

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to create a system for under my TV. My kids love watching typical movies, who are stored on my Nas drive, and they streaming it to a openelec Kodi box to my TV. Is it possible to create a system with omv and Kodi on one system box, which is energy efficient, so kids can wake-up with the USB mouse/keypad the Kodi and Nas the same time? Omv on top, virtualbox Kodi or maybe a Linux distro with virtualbox omv and Kodi, or maybe another system like hyperv ? Ver…

• OS disk full

DaWauZ - - General

Yeah i didn't mention it that time. Now I Do! Tnx People! Verstuurd vanaf mijn TA-1012 met Tapatalk

• OS disk full

DaWauZ - - General

Quote from macom: “Have just seen that you already posted that /var/lib is quite big. What is inside? ” How can I see that best, what command? And I dont use plex, but I am using Virtualbox. There was a test machine on it, I deleted that, that free'd up /var/lib

• OS disk full

DaWauZ - - General

Hi, my OS disk is almost full. Size is 8gb, was always fine for 2 years now. My linux is not that, how can I clean up? I already ran apt-get clean and deleted some logs. Also after that is possible to login but tomorrow not anymore. Source Code (176 lines)

• My new thin client NAS

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from philact3: “Hi, I've see this client on eBay, and I'm very interested to buy one. ATM my Nas is an udoo board, but it's arm based, old. But I've a problem. I don't have an external monitor, and no key/mouse. How I can install omv without it? On my old Nas, I have an image of omv in the microSD card, and i connect directly with the webpage, or, via SSH. Thanks to anyone. ” Well I dont think its possible to install an OS without a monitor. After installation you can remove the monitor. T…

• Let omv check other service remote server

DaWauZ - - General

Hello, Is there someone who can help me with some linux things? I like to make a script to check if a service on a remote linux server is running, but I dont know how to start exactly. Where do I have to put my script on the omv machine, and can the omv task scheduler send the script result to my email or does it mail only if the script is executed correctly or not? And I cant find a good example script yet, maybe somebody has already similair?

• RE:

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from CoworkerNo1: “Hi! Thanks for information guys. Could somebody help to me? Can I use ebay.com/itm/Mini-PCI-E-PCI-Ex…r-Card-AC696/172577654618 same on Amazon amazon.com/XCSOURCE-Express-Ex…erter-AC696/dp/B06XRG2TGV for add two more HDD/SDD to my HP t610/FreeNAS system? Now my NAS has already 1TB for data (onboard SATA) 16GB for system (onboard SATA), 4GB for jail (for ability completely switch off HDD during idle...) (onboard IDE). My HP t610 without "PLUS" and I don't have chance to ad…

• Nice tot see ryecoaaron I am still using domoticZ. By now on a raspberry but i have plans to setup a second one on omv Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk

• HPT510 SlimNAS

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Good job! Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk

• HPT510 SlimNAS

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

I like it, I had trouble to install omv on it somehow Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk

• HP T620 Thin Client Build

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from RedAggie03: “I'm trying not to buy MORE stuff to make this work... I was actually planning on adding a second system at a remote site to rsync to, but I have to get the first one working first. Is there something fundamentally wrong with installing Deb 8.x Jessie / OMV3 on the 16GB SSD in the thin client and use two USB 3.0 drives for data (lets ignore formatting and raid setup for now, but EXT4/Raid1?)... ” Nothing wrong with that. usb in raid is possible but I dont know if it will h…

• HP T620 Thin Client Build

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Whahaha but I do have sata disks on sata ports on my clients. And I can acces my nas everywhere. Maybe it's better to get a big ssd for it, so you don't have to use usb. Maybe usb for the installation of omv, a usb to sata converter or something. And another cheap thin client which you can place in another place then your own house, to rsync backup the data. At your parents or family or friends or work. Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk

• 8gb just wont work as it is a 32b cpu. Quote from ferbulous: “I'm planning to get a mini pcie usb 3.0 to get some decent transfer speed from my external drives. Would it still be compatible with t5470? Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk ” I do think the mini pcie slot is just for network cards, I dont know if a usb device will work. Just let us know, pretty interesting!

• RE: RE: RE:

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from ferbulous: “Quote from DaWauZ: “Quote from mokdakid25: “@DaWauZ Im using a regular 2.5 laptop hdd. Do you think if I change it to ssd it will perform better? Also do you know if the half pci e wifi/bluetooth cards works good. I'm using a nano usb wifi adaptor and I find that the speed are very slow too.” Hi, yes a ssd Will give some extra performance and a WiFi card too. USB dongle is not that fast. Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk” Hi DaWauZ, may I know what's the samba trans…

• RE: RE: RE:

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from ferbulous: “Quote from DaWauZ: “Quote from mokdakid25: “@DaWauZ Im using a regular 2.5 laptop hdd. Do you think if I change it to ssd it will perform better? Also do you know if the half pci e wifi/bluetooth cards works good. I'm using a nano usb wifi adaptor and I find that the speed are very slow too.” Hi, yes a ssd Will give some extra performance and a WiFi card too. USB dongle is not that fast. Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk” Hi DaWauZ, may I know what's the samba trans…

• I had only experience with one, that had the adapater as default in it. I dont know exactly what model but if you search on google for HP T5740e specs you will find some pdf's with info from HP. Note that a model without the card, hasn't got the antenna wiring in it.

• RE:

DaWauZ - - My NAS Build

Quote from mokdakid25: “@DaWauZ Im using a regular 2.5 laptop hdd. Do you think if I change it to ssd it will perform better? Also do you know if the half pci e wifi/bluetooth cards works good. I'm using a nano usb wifi adaptor and I find that the speed are very slow too.” Hi, yes a ssd Will give some extra performance and a WiFi card too. USB dongle is not that fast. Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk

• The t5740 is a thin cliënt, it runs Windows 7, but the sata is i think sata 150. Are you using a ssd disk and at least 2gb of Memory? Its older hardware software fast as fast as newer hardware. Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1562 met Tapatalk