Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• One of the RPi Trading guys answered and explains the additional bits: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…ae#commitcomment-31620514 So the new behavior is documented at least there. To fix things occurrences of printf "%019d" should be replaced with printf "%021d" in both /usr/sbin/raspimon and /etc/init.d/armhwinfo is existing (this is for /var/log/raspihealth.log). With this fix applied at least on RPi 3 B+ the output can then be decoded like this: Source Code (9 lines)I don't plan on 'fixing' thi…

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from esbeeb: “I think you'll be surprised to hear that on a NanoPi Neo Core 2 LTS, an external 3.5" hard drive (in a USB 3.0 enclosure with a JMS578 controller) ends up being slightly faster, over the network, than a 2.5" SATA SSD connected to the "NAS kit" accessory board ” No idea what the purpose of such a test should be (since when done appropriately the USB2 interface between host and HDD/SSD will always be the limiting bottleneck once filesystem buffers are full), also no idea why yo…

• Quote from sergiu46: “Source Code (1 line)” So for whatever reasons the RPi Trading guys changed the output of the vcgencmd get_throttled command with latest ThreadX update rendering output parsing meaningless. Well done, these guys are really great hiding the crappiness of their platform. Ah, found it: the change is by intention and implemented in their latest firmware update from 21 Sep: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…33f70659eafdcefa3b68cd7ae I don't know how to fix this since as usual everyt…

• Quote from flinkazoid: “Is there any way to get these FS to mount as I'd like to use it for an incremental TimeMachine backup ” Wrong approach. You don't need HFS+ support but POSIX compliance so simply choose between ext4 and btrfs for your data share. Netatalk will then share this filesystem via AFP (implementing the FPzzz and the needed sync calls) and OS X will then create a HFS+ sparsebundle on the network share (here the HFS+ semantics live). HFS+ support in Linux is more or less broken an…

• Quote from MacPi: “And just alike the commands it does not work, as wlan interfaces aren't supported by bridge-utils ” Believe what you want to believe and continue on layer 3 while you need to do this on layer 2. I use various SBC as wireless/Ethernet bridges (even tested on the RPi but there in a different mode for a reason) just usually not those with close to unusable Wi-Fi like the RPi (2x2 MIMO and 5GHz band is nicer)

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “What would you like me to post? ” Still Source Code (2 lines)Quote from geaves: “Etcher takes care of everything ” SD Formatter's formatting is rather useless when an image is burned directly after but it also TRIMs the SD card so doing this from time to time is a great idea.

• Quote from macom: “it might be worth a try to keep a dynamic IP ” The static IP address is configured on the DHCP server so everything's fine. Anyway, not enough information to proceed (even stuff like 'how did you burned the image?'...). The 'official' way to set up things would be Source Code (3 lines)If it still doesn't work no idea...

• If the password has not been updated maybe rootfs is read-only due to filesystem corruption (dmesg | grep only)? Did you burn the image with Etcher with active verify or in another way?

• Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

tkaiser - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “I need to install docker and familiarize myself with it ” And think twice about using Google's DNS as 'some tutorial' suggest if your use case (Pi-Hole) is about privacy. Handing out everything what happens in your local network to Google is most probably not exactly what you want in this case.

• Quote from MacPi: “can't add wlan0 to bridge br0: Operation not supported ” The interfaces are active so how should this work. This is from your link: unix.stackexchange.com/a/363347

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “But it doesn't like my password for root. ” Well, it's the one you changed before when you logged in locally. In case you don't remember you can edit it on another machine (/etc/shadow) but in such a situation I would better start from scratch, do not run omv-first-aid but only activating root login via ssh and provide the requested information.

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “nothing network related is functioning ” Not even a ping to your router?

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “No network connectivity on the Pi so can share/txfer anything ” Yeah, silly me should've thought a bit more. In case you're somewhat familiar with editing files via CLI: Source Code (2 lines)And in sshd_config change PermitRootLogin no to PermitRootLogin yes. Then please provide output via an SSH session.

• So you got a local root shell with display/keyboard connected. Great. Can you please provide output from Source Code (2 lines)(uploaded to pastebin.com for example since too large to be pasted here)

• Allo Sparky SBC

tkaiser - - Motherboards

Quote from Grandav71: “Maybe it's compatible with Raspberry software? ” No, it isn't. It's just as slow as the older RPi due to Fast Ethernet. If you find a somewhat decent Debian 9 OS image for your board you can install OMV on top of it.

• Error with static ip on rock64

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from geaves: “I'm slightly confused here with your reference to ayufun, I always assumed you created all the ARM images ” See forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/23508 please. There are tons of OMV images somewhere on the Internet, most of them performing poorly. Those from ayufan for Rock64 and Rock64Pro perform great and also contain all the stuff that's part of the Armbian based images (automatically UAS blacklisting problematic USB disks, the necessary kernel tweaks and performan…

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from geaves: “However, why is it then when a user applies a static ip address such as @Nefertiti it automatically adds that address to the /etc/network/interfaces and not to /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 ” Because of OMV's way of handling this. @votdev decided to write directly to the interfaces file and I would assume the OMV x86 image also directly writes to this file when the installer sets the system up. The ARM images where OMV can be considered just an 'application running on top' u…

tkaiser - - Network

Quote from Nefertiti: “I think I followed your instructions ” I would start from scratch, do not fiddle around somewhere in the filesystem and simply assign a static DHCP lease on your router as already suggested to you in another thread. If you want to fiddle around on Linux boxes to configure stuff there you need at least some knowledge how it's done. Hint: editing /etc/network/interfaces (Debian's ifupdown mechanism) is something from the past. This for example is a good tutorial how to deal …

• Quote from MacPi: “Previously I refrained from using bridge-utils as I read they can only bridge dual ethernet or ethernet to wifi but not the other way around ” "Bridging" is bridging. Happens on layer 2 and just works. All you did before was on layer 3 and is something entirely different.

• Quote from MacPi: “bridging it's ethernet-port to a network printer. ” 'Bridging' happens on network layer 2 while all your attempts were one layer above (TCP/IP, NAT, routing, iptables). Simply create a bridge device, then the printer behind the Ethernet port will appear in your LAN with its own MAC address (getting hopefully an DHCP lease from your router, in case you configure static IP addresses on the printer take care that the printer is not in an own netrange but uses the one you use in y…