Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

• OMV 2.2 vs OMV 3.X

Stylishh - - General

Hello All, I have NAS server at home on the OMV 2.2.X and I would like to know where OMV 3.0 is better before update, I am using fallowing services - File Server (SMB/CIFS), - DLNA - FTP - BitTorrent Also I would like to synchronize my Files from Dropbox account but I am unable to do this on the OMV 2.2.X There is no plugins for this. Could you please explain to me why OMV 3.X is better then 2.2, what kind of differences we have between this two OMV systems? Best Regards.

• Files transfers vs files size.

Stylishh - - General

I have an example of two different files (movie) on the OMV. Could you please explain to me why speed transfer is higher for first file (700MB), and lower for second (16GB)? - firs file is 700MB 3fd6800dc7fbaa4712d7e5c293c1c710_orig.jpg - second file is 16GB 79500c1e3b9a8747d6bc8c0c3961e0e2_orig.jpg

• Jumbo frames and OMV

Stylishh - - General

I have a router (ASUS-AC56U) with a storage network and PCs (Windows 10) which currently supports jumbo frames. I want to enable just eth0 to have that ability. What settings do I change, what is a default value and what is the best way to test the configuration? is this make sense to you guys? Best Regards.

• Downgrade Processor (Intel i5)

Stylishh - - My NAS Build

I bought Intel Pentium G620 for 8$ should be perfect. (TPD 65W).

Quote from Skaronator: “Definitely a G4560 because this one has HT since Kably Lake. ” I think about INTEL i3-2120 or other i3-21xx because is cheaper. I am not sure what about Pentium G6xx-G8xx (Sandy Bridge) or Pentium G2xxx (Ivy Bridge).

I would like to downgrade processor into NAS, at the moment I have Intel i5-3470 (LGA1155) and I am sure that CPU is to strong. I would like to use it in another PC. What kind of CPU is perfect for OMV with DLNA, FTP, and file server?

• Hello gents, my primary disk is faulty and going the bin. Now I have a new the same disk, and mirror from faulty disk. Could you please tell me how to create a new RAID1 where mirror is a new primary, and new disk is a mirror? Thanks a lot. Best Regards.

• Mirror issue - 2 degraded disks

Stylishh - - RAID

Hello all, I have changed a computer case for my NAS, probably I have connected conversely my two hard disks and reinstalled OMV system. Now both of them are degraded, sometimes the one of them is viable as primary, sometimes second is viable as primary . I have no idea how to fix it. How to make a one of the primary disk and second a backup disk.

• Hello Gents, I have NAS on the Optiplex 990 (i5, 8GB, SSD PM83 OS, and 2x Samsung HD 154UI for files), and lan speed 1000. Right now I can copy files with 85-88 MB/s speed. I am wondering what should be the highest speed if i have: OMV OS SSD PM83 (sata III) 2x HDD Samsung HD 154UI 5400 PRM, SATA II LAN speed: 1000 Thanks.

• Dropbox in OMV

Stylishh - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I am *slowly* working on an rclone plugin that will work with dropbox. ” hello, do you have any update about rclone and dropbox?

• Dropbox in OMV

Stylishh - - Plugins

Dear All, is there already a plugin, or is someone working on Dropbox in OMV. I would like to Sync my Dropbox account with my OMV.

• Quote from Lord Wektabyte: “After that, you can swap OMV 's HDD with the new SSD and then you have two options:1. boot Clonezilla Live from a DVD or USB drive 2. install OMV from scratch, install backup plugin, install Clonezilla and boot Clonezilla using the plugin ” Destination disk is to small, what now? Can you help me. 20160918_190337.jpg

• Strange problem when copying files.

Stylishh - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Tunning Samba for more speedTuning Samba for more speed 2 ” Maybe this is a stupid question but where is extra option in OMV to copy configuration.

Stylishh - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Did you try any of the samba tuning guides on the forum? ” No, can you tell me something more?

Stylishh - - General

Hello Gents, I have a strange problem when trying to copy files from my Laptop to NAS. At the beginning of the copy files transfer is over 80/90 MB/s but after 10-15 sec doping down to 20 MB/s or less. Please look into the picture. Could you please tell me where the problem is? 03.PNG

• Hello Guys, I have a few images (ISO) on the OMV server, but I am not sure how to find them, can you help? Please look into the screenshot. Przechwytywanie.PNG

• Quote from gsola96: “ Quite simple. If you need more details, you're welcome. Guillem ” Hello gsola96, Could you please tell me something more about this plugin? Do you have any of tutorial or manual?

• Hello guys, I would like to upgrade NAS OS (OMV 2.2.5) hard drive to an SSD. I don`t want to install OMV again. Could you please tell me how to clone/copy everything (configuration etc.) from old OS hard drive to the new SSD? Best Regards.

• Optiplex 9010

36-40 WATT not that bad.

• Optiplex 9010

You are right, now I am looking for better CPU for my NAS, could you please suggest any of CPU with lower TDP for LGA1155?