Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from macom: “That is what I did In a VM ” For testing, I think it is fine but I would want Volker to change his guide to do this

• Read floppies directly from OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Rickboy333: “But these commands will just make the floppy read or write on the fileserver itself right? What I really want is to put the floppy inside a drive and than go to my modern PC and open de floppy drive just like how I can open a USB stick via OMV. ” Yes, they will only allow you to read/write on the fileserver. If you create a shared folder, you could change the mount point to be a folder inside the shared folder (ie /sharedfolders/newshare/floppy). I assume it would work bu…

• Virtualbox VNC Issue

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from marcsgirall: “Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install? ” No. Login as root wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/vb/virtualbox-dkms_5.2.22-dfsg-2_all.deb wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/vb/virtualbox_5.2.22-dfsg-2_amd64.deb dpkg -i virtualbox-dkms_5.2.22-dfsg-2_all.deb virtualbox_5.2.22-dfsg-2_amd64.deb

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “Well that didn't work out very well. While going through the script process..... ” Volker's OMV5 instructions will probably have to change since you can't add a repo without a key (unless you put trusted in the repo line but that is bad idea) and actually install packages from it. So, download and install the key first: wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault-keyring/openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.d…

• Virtualbox VNC Issue

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from marcsgirall: “So I’ve been trying to find the ConsoleImpl.cpp file to patch & I can’t for the life of me find it in the plugin version of VBox. ” As I posted in the other thread about this, I built the packages and put them here - omv-extras.org/testing/vb/

• Read floppies directly from OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Rickboy333: “But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver?” Sure but not via the OMV web interface. You would do it just like any other Linux box. Assuming the disk was formatted on Windows and one floppy drive, you would: mkdir /mnt/floppy mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy Quote from Rickboy333: “a USB FDD is not a option. Too unreliable and I already have 2 that don't work properly/reliably. ” Interesting... I have two of them and they work gr…

• Duplicati plugin Suggestion

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

While I agree it probably could use some improvement, I don't plan on porting it to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker. The plugin isn't much more than an enable button anyway. So, you could start using the docker now and get the customization you want. Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• OMV 4 Zoneminder

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from peram: “does not work with the proposed docker for arm ... docker: koenkk / rpi-zoneminder ” What kind of system are you using?

• virtualbox cannot login

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from iamneo2416: “I just finished a clean installation debian 9.6.0 OS w/openmediavualt extras virtualbox. After that I click on phpVirtualbox web ui and tried to use default 'admin' and 'password' to login without any luck. any help here ? ” The admin password in phpvirtualbox is the same as OMV's admin password.

• 2 internet connections

ryecoaaron - - Network

Yes but you may run into some routing issues if not done correctly. Personally, I would setup a pfsense box and have both internet connections go to it (I have done this before).

• Moved to OMV

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Any pics of the setup?

• Quote from mipi: “this was perfectly fitted by the old QNAP-NAS we started the discussion on ” I understand but we can only support so many things. Even QNAP stops supporting stuff after a couple of years. Quote from mipi: “recommandations for cheap hardware for a rsync standalone backup device which can figure as a backup NAS ” I didn't recommend anything because you said you ordered an odroid hc2. I prefer the rock64 over the odroid though.

• Installation under Linux Mint

ryecoaaron - - General

No. OMV 4.x only works on Debian 9.x.

• Quote from mipi: “hope this will meet your recommandations and is better supported in the forum, but i'm afraid someone will have something to complain about. ” Should be ok. Quote from mipi: “Other suggestions? ” Other than stay on the version you are currently running? No. I have no plans to add armel support.

• How to upgrade ?

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Upgrading doesn't cause you to lose settings or data BUT the upgrade from 2.x -> 3.x is difficult. If you do a fresh install, there is no way to keep your settings. You would have to re-setup the system. All four of your plugins should be moved to docker. While a cups and plex plugin exist on OMV 4.x, I don't recommend using them.

• Quote from mipi: “I deinstalled omv-extras while i red a post here that recommended it ” omv-extras hasn't supported armel machines since OMV 2.x. I recommend upgrading your hardware.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “Does Proxmox use Dynamic Ram Allocation? ” Yes. It has a feature called ballooning where you can set the min and max ram. Quote from flmaxey: “Since I'll be doing things that may not be recommended ( rm -rf / ), being able to clone a freshly built guest is a big deal in my book. (I mean, I might try rm -rf / a few times to see if there's a different result. ) It's good to know about the cloning restriction in the free ESXi version. I've been cloning VM's in Virtualbox, for a …

• Quote from rantanplan: “Do you think it's a clue ? ” No. Both of those probably failed because your array isn't assembling.

• Quote from flinkazoid: “Any advise on how to go about this process? Im 100% new to the Linux thing. ” Compiling a kernel is not something someone new to Linux wants to start doing. Quote from flinkazoid: “Its worth noting that I was running your image originally, but am now getting started on the debian level. ” The image is Debian built with Armbian scripts. Not sure what you mean. Quote from flinkazoid: “My other machine is an UBUNTU device. Is there any way to run OMV on UBUNTU? Its standard …

• Your array still isn't assembling in time. Hard to say why. Look through boot logs to see if something is obvious. This is one of the reasons why I think most people shouldn't use raid.