Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• If you need a test with network overhead and SMB use HELIOS LanTest will give you a preview of the real situation of use. But what exactly is the problem at the end? Locally, you have too low transfers or are they low on the network? Try to avoid operations between /sharedfolders and /srv. Check the transfers directly in /srv Operations such as "mv" in "/srv" should act immediately without delay, "mv" operations that take place between /srv and /sharedfolders will have silly gag and will behave …

• Quote from macom: “As reference: this is what I get with my HC2 on my drive with BTRFS: Source Code (4 lines)” HDD 5400RPM(Use%86) + EXT4 Source Code (4 lines)

• As it has already been said above. For the future, change your approach to security. Control all traffic that goes to OMV. A firewall with a rystic traffic policy. Let go only what has to be, everything else block. It's also good to control outgoing traffic. In addition, IDS and IPS in the network too. Log network traffic to a separate machine. Always have an up-to-date system and software to avoid more familiar vulnerabilities. Do not run unnecessary utilities if it is not absolutely necessary.…

• Quote from Hermonella: “it does not have write permission. ” So set the write rights.

• Quote from paul.whitmore: “Thanks for the explanation, I think I might just get another Pi ” Second RPI especially for OMV? Maybe you can spend that money maybe for something more "nas".

• Quote from Morthwyl: “My WD MyCloud failed recently so I decided to use a Raspberry Pi 3 and OMV in an attempt to replicate the MyCloud's features. So far I've managed to get the NAS side of things working fine for viewing content on various devices (laptop, smart tv, phones, tablets, etc) but I can't figure out how to upload pictures directly from my iPhone to a selected folder in the NAS. I've got the File Explorer Pro app and that's great for viewing the content on the NAS (it can also add ne…

• Quote from jollyrogr: “This seems rather excessive and would only cause headaches. To each their own. ” I do not think so. Security is important. But since you prefer a bare system without a firewall, it's your choice. One central spi firewall will provide some degree of control, but this is not the best solution imho. Each machine connected to the network should have a minimum of awareness and control over its network. Traffic policy based only on one central firewall is always a potential prob…

• Firewall on the router and firewall on the machine with omv. Firewall on your desktop too. Wherever it is possible and it makes sense, there should be a firewall on every machine. The only difference is the type of traffic policy for an individual machine that can be different from each other.

• Virtualbox Plugin not displayed

JohnStiles - - Plugins

Samsung Exynos5422 this is the ARM architecture when it comes to the CPU. VirtualBox is a virtualization for the CPU architectures of the x86 family. I do not recall the virtualization software that can freely virtualize a bunch of two different CPU architectures for host and guest. If you want to use VirtualBox you have to use it on a machine with an x86 CPU just like the systems that will be virtualized must be from the x86 family. If you need virtualization on a machine with ARM CPU then kvm …

• Quote from DHGE: “virtualbox.org/wiki/Porting_VirtualBox Building it on arm architecture? ” Virtualization for a guest host with a different cpu architecture using VB? I have not heard about it yet. Can you explain to me how you want to do it? "Porting" to another operating system in the same cpu architecture is something a little different. imho

• Quote from alexruedi: “Does Virtualbox-plugin work on HC2? Was 100% i saw it, but cannot find it now... (i saw it on different sd card when I was first testing omv but don't have it anymore) ” HC2 as Odroid HC-2? This is the ARM architecture when it comes to the CPU. VirtualBox is a virtualization for the CPU architectures of the x86 family. I do not recall the virtualization software that can freely virtualize a bunch of two different CPU architectures for host and guest. If you want to use Vir…