Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• which file exactly ? nagios runs but the nagios php/html files are not showing correctly. Main page of nagios shows ok.

• Quote from "davidh2k": “Why in the world 'sudo -s', why... we don't use sudo on OpenMediaVault... thats ubuntu stuff, not debian stuff...?! To your problem: Why don't you install nagios into a VM? Greetings David” That sudo -s was a mistake, will remove that. And a VM is too slow, thats whh

• Installation on latest official OMV version, uptodate.. 1) apt-get install wget build-essential apache2 php5-gd libgd2-xpm libgd2-xpm-dev libapache2-mod-php5 2) cd /var/www wget prdownloads.sourceforge.net/so…agios/nagios-4.0.7.tar.gz wget nagios-plugins.org/download/nagios-plugins-2.0.3.tar.gz 3) useradd nagios groupadd nagcmd usermod -a -G nagcmd nagios usermod -a -G nagcmd www-data 4) tar zxvf nagios-4.0.7.tar.gz 5) mv nagios-4.0.7 nagios cd nagios 6) # ./configure --with-command-group=nagcmd…

• Re: Zabbix installation on OMV ?

askmurphy - - Plugins

Trying to ibnstall the latest version of Zabbix on OMV. Almost done but for an unknown reason the Zabbix server doesn't run: It had to run on port 10051 If I enter this in a shell: # telnet localhost 10051 then I get connection refused.... A solution: support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-5423 But can't find the iptables on the omv-server... Any ideas?

• Re: Zabbix installation on OMV ?

askmurphy - - Plugins

Maybe this topic can be removed by the moderator, new topic created about ZABBIX at: forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4468.

• HOWTO: Zabbix installation on OMV

askmurphy - - General

HOWTO: Zabbix installation on OMV 1) Default OMV v0.5x installation server 2) Add omv-extra, follow the instruction on: omv-extras.org/simple/index.ph…install-omv-extras-plugin 3) Install the omv-extra plugins: MYSQL, Websites 4) Enable the MYSQL in your OMV panel. 5) Go to: zabbix.com/documentation/2.2/m…rom_distribution_packages, or follow the instructions below: # wget repo.zabbix.com/zabbix/2.2/deb…ease_2.2-1+wheezy_all.deb # dpkg -i zabbix-release_2.2-1+wheezy_all.deb # apt-get update # apt…

• HOWTO: WEBMIN installation on OMV

askmurphy - - General

Ok, this is very easy ofcourse for most of us, but anyway, just to help the beginners: webmin.com/deb.html 1) SSH with PUTTY (putty.org/) - make sure you enable SSH in your OMV panel ! 2) Source Code (1 line) 3) dpkg -i web (then press TAB to complete the name) 4) apt-get -f install Done ! You can now login to your_server_ip:10000/ as root with your root password, or as any user who can use sudo to run commands as root. Regards, Arthur

• Re: RAID1 disks not mountable

askmurphy - - RAID

After a lot of trouble I found a program which saved all my data: "TestDisk & PhotoRec 7.0-WIP, Data Recovery" cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download Great program !!! Ok, after this all, I have reinstalled my OMV server and tested the RAID mirror system a lot. OMV can only make a MIRROR-RAID with harddisks without any partitions, so NO LINUX-RAID partitions also !!! The MIRROR-RAID drives are mounted on /media/.... So, if you remove 1 mirror-drive and try to mount/read it as a single drive in an…

• Software-RAID1 and OMV

askmurphy - - RAID

Hello ! I have used OMV for a long time now, always happy with it. This week I had some serious trouble with it: the system drive was corrupted so I decided to reinstall the whole system with a new system disk. So far so good. After the installation, I reconnected the data disks (mirror disks) again and restarted the server. Normally I add the disk with webmin to the system with a mount instruction. Done that many many times without troubles. But now it's not working anymore: the system detects …

• We would like to have a plugin for ZABBIX !!!! With Zabbix you can monitor your servers, websites. etc... Very nice

• Re: owncloud

askmurphy - - Plugins

I did this: mkdir /var/www/owncloud/php-fcgi mkdir /var/www/owncloud/cgi Could't find a php.ini but have placed the file which was posted in this forum. cd /var/www/owncloud;chmod 644 php.ini Now, I see the owncloud in the omv-panel, I can add shares and active it. But how must I access the new owncloud ?? Any more details how it works would be nice

• Today, I have reinstalled my OMV server, but now with Debian Squeeze first. After that: I have installed OMV. Everything works nice except this: I can't add shared maps ??? Nothing is found in the picklist.. My data-disks are in raid-1 : I have added them using WEBMIN, everything is active, I can see all my folders and files using the file-ecplorer from Webmin and ofcourse via a SSH session. So, maybe a permission problem ? Or OMV can't see the avaiable devies... Strange: it can see the drives a…

• Zabbix installation on OMV ?

askmurphy - - Plugins

First attempt of Zabbix installation: text removed and HOWTO created ! See HOWTO here: forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4468

• I tried to enable the Website-plugin to, but the result is always: "communication failure" Newest OMV software, uptodate.. Anynody nows how to fix this ? Would be nice

• Let's introduce my nice server to you all: Mainboard: Asus P5Q (energy safer !) Powersupply: Coolermaster RS-460 (energy safer, low noise) CPU: Intel Celeron 440 2Ghz (64bits) with default Intel cooler DVD-player: LG DVD/RW drive Videocard: simple PCI-X card with passive cooling Memory: 2x 2GB Kingston EnergyX (plate-cooling) Harddisks: 5x 1TB SATA, 1x 500GB IDE Harddisk-enclosure: 1x ICY DOCK MB672SKGF Sata with LCD Case: 4U servercase with big coolerfan (inserted in a TOTEN 32U server cabinet,…

• I am testing OpenMediaVault now a few days: I have replaced the old ClearOS-serversoftware of my homeserver with OpenMediaVault. Some experience of me personally: - Debian fan (webservers and Rasperry Pi) - used Ebox (Ubuntu based) 6 months: very nice but Ubuntu in combination with RAID gives a lot of trouble when one of your harddisks are killed or when you replace one of them: RAID is not automatically repaired and I lost a lot of data some time ago with it too...) so after the data-rescue I b…