Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 57.

• Yup, still running OMV 2 I am planning to rebuild the server with OMV 3 at some point, just need to find some spare time. Thanks for the confirmation @ryecoaaron!

• I seem to have resolved by downgrading as follows: 1. Download the previous Plex Media Server version from shell.ninthgate.se/packages/de…2bd8c63f-wheezy_amd64.deb 2. Removed the empty init file from /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver 3. Installed via dpkg -i plexmediaserver_1.8.0.4109-42bd8c63f-wheezy_amd64.deb

• Hi guys, I have just upgraded using plexmediaserver_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_amd64.deb via dpkg -i. This usually created the file /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver.dpkg-bak when I upgraded the previous times. At this time the file was not created and as a consequence Plex cannot start. Does anyone have the init script handy so I can restore that? Thanks, Tommy

• Replying to myself in case someone else faces the same issue. I think there are 2 factors that have a barring on this issue. /etc/fstab contained some '\n' as opposed to have one entry per line. The Remote Share plugin was not in fact able to fetch the share from /etc/fstab as the entries were separated by '/n' and there wasn't an entry per line. The file looked like: Source Code (1 line) I had to manually alter the file so that there was an entry per line, as follows. Source Code (2 lines) This…

• I have installed OMV on a RPi3 - all went well for some time. I then decided to install Plex Media Server and to mount some remote share (from another NAS running OMV in the same network). These share are shared via SMB/CIFS as read only and equally mounted with the "ro" switch. Every time I try to browse to Storage > File Systems I get the following error. Shell-Script (1 line) The details of the error are the following. Shell-Script (14 lines) If I look at /etc/fstab, the entry '/media/56ce3c2…

• RPi3 and WiFi only

kavejo - - My NAS Build

Turned out to be an issue with the image. Re-downloading the image and rewriting the SD card addressed the issue.

• RPi3 and WiFi only

kavejo - - My NAS Build

Good evening, This evening I started to deploy OMV on a RPi3 using the latest image available. Once deployed I have added testing & community repo's and update the system. I am facing a very strange behaviour with the on-board networks though. I have enabled both eth0 and wlan0. If I leave the ethernet cable plugged in (and connected) then I can browse to both the RPi IP's (the LAN and the WLAN ones). As soon as I unplug the ethernet cable, OMV becomes unreachable and I cannot browse to its webp…

• This is discussed also here.

• Same here, I did a fresh install of OMV 3 and while this picked up all the drives, raid, etc. lex was not working as expected sadly. I did select an internal drive on the Plex plug-in (the same drive containing the Plex DB) on my OMV 2 installation, however it was starting as a fresh Plex Server and did have any data. It prompted to add libraries and did not show any movie/music/tv show. I have checked and it seems it was starting from /var/lib/plexmediaserver as opposed to /media/UUID/plexmedia…

• Non-email notifications

kavejo - - Plugins

Hello everuone! I've just tried to implement that so to get notifications via PushOver. I have created a Python script as follows. Python Source Code (13 lines) Unfortunately the variables does not seem to exist. I did try to run python PushOver.py and I get the following error. Source Code (6 lines) Would anyone have any suggestion? Thanks, Tommy

• Pushover notification plugin

kavejo - - Plugins

Hi guys, I am testing OMV 3 in Azure before upgrading my NAS. Has anyone got any sample script for sending push notification to PushOver via sink.d? Thanks, Tommy

• Network Interfaces are inconsistent

kavejo - - Network

Hi @gderf, Not doing anything special. I just happen to have a server with 2 1Gbps NIC's so I have configured both of them as if I have to move data to/from 2 clients I can achieve better performances (1Gbps per client). Also, this is helpful as, worst case scenario, should one NIC die, I can always reach the server on the other one. I was looking to team them up but the router (a BT Home Hub 5) would not support teaming. Regards, Tommy

kavejo - - Network

Hi @ryecoaaron, Thanks for the hint. I have just tried removing the gateway from one and the other NIC, one at a time and that seems to resolve the problem. That is quite odd as I have been running with 2 NIC's with the gateway configured on both for some time (more than an year) and have never had problems with ifdown and ifup. Thanks again. Kudos to you as you seem to know the answer to all the issue I have faced so far Thanks, Tommy

kavejo - - Network

Hi guys, I am facing a very strange issue. Today I have started my NAS and it wouldn't be reachable (neither the web interface nor smb nor Plex). I have rebooted the server once more (an HP Gen 8 MicroServer) and still no client would be able to connect. At that point I have restored the OS from a backup (I clone the OS drive weekly). Now I do have network connectivity but I am seeing very strange behaviours for eth0. On boot I can see the following. Source Code (4 lines) The same error, though,…

• TLS Ciphers

kavejo - - General

Good evening, I'm trying to harden the OMV WebUI by enforcing only strong ciphers and drop the plain Diffle Hellman key exchange. In the same way I wish to enforce TLS 1.2 and drop any previous/weaker protocol. I have checked /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/nginx.d/10webgui and I can see entries specifying TLS versio and ciphers via variables, how can I set/customize these values? Thank you.

• OMV as NAS - for OneDrive sync

kavejo - - General

I'd be very much interested too if this is achievable. Nowadays OneDrive allows easily up to 1TB and can let you stream your music library (if in sync).

• WebGUI not accessible

kavejo - - Network

Yup, Have been using flashmemory since day 1 The average data written per day was about 30 Mb so I strongly doubt there is any wear on the card.

• WebGUI not accessible

kavejo - - Network

Hi @ryecoaaron, OMV is running from an high-end SD card (32 GB Samsung Pro) which has never ever got a problem (I was running OMV Sardukar just fine from the same). monit stop omv-engined and omv-engined -df does not seem to help. I have tried to look at /var/log/messages but I cannot grep any error. Thanks, Tommy

• WebGUI not accessible

kavejo - - Network

Hello everyone, I have just re-installed OMV on my Nas box (HP MicroServer Getn 8). I was running Kralizec and I decided to do a fresh install using Stone Burner. Unfortunately I am having some issues with the web interface. After boot this is not accessible, actually I cannot even telnet to the NAS IP:443 or IP:80; the connection times out. This is a blank installation, all I have is Transmission + SMB + SSH, nothing else is running or installed. I have searched the forum and have seen that thi…

• SSH keys from Puttygen

kavejo - - SSH

Hello everyone, I'm trying to import a couple of keys from PuttyGen (exported private key and public key from PuttyGen) but I keep getting an error. The private Key I use is the one from "Export OpenSSH Key" and has a format like: Source Code (5 lines) The public key instead comes from "Public key for pasting into OpenSSH authorized_keys file" and has a format like: Source Code (1 line) Despite that I keep getting the following error: Source Code (10 lines) Can I kindly ask for some directions p…