Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 46.

• Hi Folks, I had a external drive (Intenso 4TB) full of data, wich I want to use it internally. The intenso 3TB drive had an emulation, so normally I cant't used it directly on an internal SATA-Connector. Is there a plug in for this suppose? TIA Regards Michael

• dosshell.png

• Yes, we are! I had an accoustic coupler with my C64. 300 Baud! Mailboxes! You have to be very quiet to prevent errors while you are online. I used DOS a very long Time on my fist PC, an Am386 DX 40. My first Windows was 3.1. I hated mice and GUIs. I hated GEOS. Since then, I used several OSs. OS/2, SuSE-Linux, BeOS, MacOS, Ubuntu, Elementary, Debian and, of course, all the silly Windowses. I never used AmigaOS or TOS for the daily work. But I would like to try RISC OS. Sometime I will get an Aco…

• Do you know the famous 1500XL Laptop? It's fully operable without any wires! Runs on batteries! Forget all the ugly Commodore 64 Laptops from the guy from the Netherlands: no batteries, ugly wires to the Display, ugly design... This one is absolutly flawless! The case is completly made of original XL-Parts! Video: youtube.com/watch?v=7snQw_sPcF4 Pictures: strotmann.de/~beetle/images/atari/1500XL/

• Hey! 800XL and 130XE had a 1,79 MHz 6502 CPU both! My first "Computer" was a Philips G7000 (Magnavox Odyssey) with an Assembler-Catridge. SL733609.jpg Followed by this piece of IT history: 2003-02-24_00-46-22.jpg Before you ask: 2003-02-24_00-47-19.jpg 2003-02-24_00-46-54.jpg 2003-02-24_00-47-01.jpg 2003-02-24_00-46-38.jpg 2003-02-24_00-47-42.jpg 2003-02-24_00-48-00.jpg 2003-02-24_00-48-07.jpg 2003-02-24_00-48-23.jpg 2003-02-24_00-49-02.jpg What dou you think about this one? 2003-02-24_00-54-19.…

• Thx, tekkb! This is a small collection compared with some friends of mine. That is my hardware: tote-pixel.de/sammlung/512-hardware.html UPDATE: I've flashed a modded AHCI-BIOS for the P5K. Power consumption gets down (WTF?) an so I decided to unleash CPU and RAM. OMV starts very fast now. Now it take 59 Watts with five HDDs and one SSD turned on.

• Maybe you want to have a closer look to my gaming-room? It's where the switch (first posting) is located: tote-pixel.de/sammlung/37-die-sammlung-in-bildern.html

• BTW. Power consumption increased from 45 to 55 Watts. Thtats too less to buy new hardware.

• Up-/Downgrade: My undervolted and underclocked (900MHz) Anniversary Pentium has to move to the livingroom as a HTPC and gaming machine (GF 750ti). So I used an old Asus P5K with an even older E4300. Also undevolted and underclocked (1.2 GHz, RAM 400 MHz). Vintage S3-PCI-VGA, 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM and a USB-3.0 PCI-E-Card. forum.openmediavault.org/index…31cbb429434eed9c14d6a602e Yes! Yes, one of the internal harddrives is connect via e-SATA. On the top of the case I put a USB-3.0 Drive. I have to co…

• - MSI Z97 PC Mate - Anniversay-Pentium G3258 - 4 GB RAM - 40 GB Intel SSD - 3x 3TB HHD Data - 2x 3TB RAID-1 Timecapsule - 1x 3TB Backupdrive USB 3.0 My kids installed and connected the network cable from the patchfield to the storage room, where the NAS resides. Problems: Plex is broken (doesn't find media anymore) an power consumption is ca. 60W at idle. DSC_2962.jpg Switch nas3.jpg Network installed by the kids nas2.jpg nas1.jpg Proofed NAS-3.jpg NAS next to the power distribution. Stands on a…

• I'm driving nuts! My shares are gone away! NAS isn't avaible via afp anymore! Last working TM-Backup is three hours ago? The system doesn't fell asleep all the time, cause my doughter is ill and watching movies all the time with the Win 8.1-HPTC via smb-shares. WTF? I guess, you're right and it wasn't a good idea to install netatalk 3.7.1 Okay, I will give it a second try this evening... or so.

• AFP-Shares disapear and comes back again

Mierscheid - - AFP

I installed checkinstall and created the package, and still get this versioninfo: "afpd 3.1.7 - Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) daemon of Netatalk"

Mierscheid - - AFP

Of course, I have removed netatalk first. Then I installed the new version with make.

Mierscheid - - AFP

No, the 3.1.7 Netatalk worked with openmediavault.netatalk-plugin as it should be. I configured it via webend and it seems to be still stable. I guess, the syntax for the config files are compatible.

Mierscheid - - AFP

We have one 10.9 and two 10.10 machines. Edit: Can you tell me how to find out, what is going on? Do you see the difference? This is typical behaivior for round about a month. forum.openmediavault.org/index…31cbb429434eed9c14d6a602e forum.openmediavault.org/index…31cbb429434eed9c14d6a602e I followed these instructions: netatalk.sourceforge.net/wiki/….7_on_Ubuntu_14.10_Utopic Finaly: apt-get install openmediavault-netatalk The Performance is ca. 30% less than all my benchmarks (Black Magic Speed …

Mierscheid - - AFP

Yes, it does: download.intel.com/support/ssd…Product_specification.pdf

Mierscheid - - AFP

"Discard" means "TRIM enabled"? In thsi case, TRIM is enabled: UUID=a770f0b1-0f3b-44c1-8b55-2fb67cb48781 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,discard,errors=remount-ro 0 1

Mierscheid - - AFP

Yes.

• Hi Folks, since the last Updates in late january, I've got no status emails from the NAS. I dind't realised it until the mchine gets very slow transferrates. Therefore I had a look at the updates on the webend. But the system can't connect to any external service, because of the gateway at the manual network settings are empty now! Re-entered it an run several updates. Now, I connect to the shares and while I am working on it, it disapears under my mouse cursor! Then... suddenly the apear again,…

• Standby doesn't work

Mierscheid - - General

WoL fixed! You have to disable EuP 2013! This function is for extreme powersaving and therefore it disables the NICs. On my system, the NIC-LEDs are not working in suspend mode, but the system still resumes at a MagicPacket. Suspend still not works: I've made changes on the webend to the autoshutdown, but they didn't take effect. The logfile says, it still uses the default(?) settings, cause ist shows a ip-range for my network, but I've entered a single IP that didn't exists for testing purposes…