Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

• Great news! Thank you!

• Re: iSCSI and LVM

x-lette - - General

iSCSI does low level accesses to a device. If that device is already used by another system (e.g. LVM) it cannot be used by iSCSI alone anymore. You can offer one of the LVM volumes to iSCSI but you cannot use the RAID by iSCSI and LVM together.

• Re: Can i change username of admin ?

x-lette - - General

Quote from "deejc": “[...] not giving people a helping hand on trying to hack it by not knowing which app is running behind the page ?” "Secureness by obscureness" does not work! Many times tried, many times failed. If you want to secure your installation, use a firewall and of course an appropriate password! The username doesn't really matter when it comes to an attack.

• Generell gilt für Kommandos auf der Befehlszeile: ruf es mit dem Parameter "--help" auf und du bekommst Hilfe Die programmeigene Hilfe ist vielleicht nicht übersichtlich, aber durchaus hilfreich und auch mit Beispielen versehen. Unter anderem gibt sie folgenden Hinweis: Source Code (2 lines) und weiter unten dann bei den Beispielen: Source Code (3 lines) Falls du aber nicht gerade einen guten (teuren) Profi-Controller verbaut hast, wirst du nicht weiter kommen. In meinem Server sitzt ein 4-fach …

• Seems to be fixed in 5.0.24!

• Es gibt Festplatten, die die Temperaturanzeige nicht unterstützen. Oder der Controller an dem diese eine Platte hängt, leitet das Kommando nicht durch. Das kannst du auf der Konsole testen (also Shellzugang per SSH bspw): Source Code (1 line) zeigt generelle Infos an und ob SMART überhaupt unterstützt wird. Source Code (1 line) zeigt den Gesundheitszustand an und Source Code (1 line) zeigt alle verfügbaren SMART Informationen an. Bei manchen Controllen kann es sein, dass du den Typ angeben musst…

• After having created a RAID5, I clicked on "grow" and expected the list of devices to be empty as all devices were in use. But the current RAID showed up: /dev/md0 (see screenshot). I didn't test what would happen when trying to append this device to itself. Better would be not to show up current device at all. But in the list of devices for a new RAID, all existing and usable RAID should show up of course.

• In addition to my topic Suggestion for useful options when creating filesystems I wrote a little shellscript which first lists the filesystems and their reserved block count as well as the resulting reserved space in megabyte. If called with an argument, it sets the reserved block count on those filesystems to 0 (zero) and therefore freeing the space. First some background details: on a linux machine there is at least one filesystem which holds "/", the so called root file system. This is the mo…

• Changing the order myself isn't the same as having it changed by default in every new release. As I alrady said, I'm fine with that and I surely will get used to the current order.

• I see your arguments and I founded my suggestion on arguments too. You don't want a diuscussion, that's OK for me. It was just a suggestion.

• Thanks for that reply, Volker. I can see that there is some sense in the current ordering and so I will try to get comfortable with it.

• Quote from "tekkbebe": “I doubt we will do this.” Any reason for that?

• I'd like to suggest that the order of displayed tabs in some configuration screens is changed. Configuration entry: S.M.A.R.T. current order: Settings - Disks - Tests (maybe not that exact title, I'm using german interface) suggested order: Disks first, as disks and their properties might be the most intersting detail for admins. (btw: there is a tab for regularly run tests - could there be a tab or an entry for last exit statuses too?) Configuration entry: NFS current order: Settings - Shares s…

• Quote from "KM0201": “Upgraded my vbox install to .5.19 this morning, issue is resolved.” Me too. Existing filesystems are mounted now and I can create shares on them.

• After having inserted and initialized some disks with ext4 in my omv installation, I realized that the size is not completely usable by users. There is no overriding of the standard reserved blocks count which is hidden from normal users and which only can be used by root. With no options given this is calculated to be 5% of partition size. Using a 3TB partition this sums up to 150GB! This may be useful when running the system from this partition but in case of a NAS, where this extra storage is…

• This also happens when creating a much smaller filesystem. Even on a 1TB partition there is a timeout in communication between system process and web Ui. Generally you can ignore this error and just wait until the process is finished. Web UI will update itself now and then and at some point you will see the initialized filesystem.

• My experience: After installing two additional harddrives to my omv box I did see them in the list of harddrives and I also could create a filesystem on them but this filesystem could not be mounted. Reason: no entries in /etc/fstab were created after initialising the filesystem. The fs itself is good and it can also be seen in the list of filesystems. Manual mounting works fine and afterwards the fs is marked as mounted and shows the correct size. Maybe this is related to manual additions to /e…

• Re: Failed to unlink the directory

x-lette - - NFS

Wow, very fast response, thanks!

• Re: Failed to unlink the directory

x-lette - - NFS

Hi, as I also encountered this problem I had a look at process table and open files but nothing seems to keep the mountpoint open. In fact the problem is, the system is not able to umount the bind-mounted share from /export/<sharename>. The message in web-gui is quite misleading. The resolution is quite simple and you don't need to reboot the server: just restart the nfs-kernel-server daemon by typing Source Code (1 line) Open nfs connections will not be affected and the to-be-deleted share will…