Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

• Hi, just wanted to say that I had the same problem with the server shutting down the ups and the solution provided above worked for me as well, so thank you shant1993! great forum!

• HPE Proliant Servers

Humbert - - My NAS Build

thank you, I will give it a try

• HPE Proliant Servers

Humbert - - My NAS Build

sorry, there are a lot of things I do not understand in your reply; unfortunately I have very little knowledge of server setup 1. "Using the ssd on the usb will kill your CPU from time to time" what exactly do you mean by "will kill your CPU" - kill as in "destroy"? or kill as in "overload"? what happens if the CPU overloads? does this just affect performance or the server may shutdown? I have run OMV from a HDD connected via the USB port of an old laptop for several years now and never had any …

• HPE Proliant Servers

Humbert - - My NAS Build

hello, I recently purchased a Gen8 G1610T for use with OMV and 3 storage HDDs; I am a home user, main priority is media server and backup I have the following questions: 1. OMV is installed on a SSD which I placed inside the server case (where the optical drive would be) and connected to the USB on the motherboard using a chip from a 2.5" external rack - it boots fine is this ok in terms of reliability and in terms of the SSD temperature negatively affecting the surroundings or any other things?…

• Zoneminder on 1.18

Humbert - - Plugins

hello I am trying to install using the step by step instructions when I run dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us I get this: Source Code (7 lines)help is much appreciated, thank you

• Problems upgrading 2.x to 3.x

Humbert - - Updates/Upgrades

I managed to start linux and OMV but now neither gui is asscesible nor the shares nor via putty obviously upgrading to 3.0 was the worst idea I had this year I will re-install everything from the beginning and hope I will have learnt my lesson, i.e. if it works, don't fix it

unfortunately now I have a much bigger problem: the machine won't start anymore this is the screen I get on the laptop that is running OMV installed on an external drive 20170218_145351e6258.jpg

ok, thank you, I removed some other plugins and now I can log on the Web GUI and I see the shares etc the problem now is that I cannot check for new plugins or updates in the GUI, with the below error (it is a lot longer actually) Source Code (1 line)

ok, removed extplorer, again communication failure in web GUI then I removed autoshutdown now I see the shares and zoneminder works and I do not seem to lose network connection but I get this error when trying to log into Web GUI Source Code (2 lines) new result of omv-engined -d -f as per below (new PHP fatal error) please help Source Code (173 lines)

ok, how do I do that since I do not have access to the GUI and do not know linux. thank you edit: ok, I ran apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-transmissionbt then the installation proceeded with OMV 3, after a while it said problems with extplorer I rebooted, now I get "communication failure" in Web GUI and indeed connection is lost i will remove extplorer now

immediately after running the command the network connection to the machine was lost (there is a PHP fatal error at the end) root@NAS:~# omv-engined -d -f Registered data models: conf.service conf.service.ftp conf.service.ftp.modban.rule conf.service.ftp.modtls conf.service.ftp.share conf.service.nfs conf.service.nfs.share conf.service.rsync.job conf.service.rsyncd conf.service.rsyncd.module conf.service.smartmontools conf.service.smartmontools.device conf.service.smartmontools.job conf.service.…

Hello I have 2 main problems after upgrade 1. cannot login to web gui - I get an unspecifie error but I can see the shares and can connect via putty 2. couple of minutes after boot/ re-boot I lose the connection to the machine please help, I just ruined a perfectly good installation of stoneburner which ran for 2 years

• Hi everybody I run OMV 2.2.7 and I appologize if this has already been discussed or it is a very simple thing. My discs are getting full and I cannot tell which directories or files take up the most space in order to delete selectively: is it the videos folder, the pictures one, the backup for my laptop etc I have EXTplorer installed but could not find an option to at least tell me which is my largest folder. It would be great if there was a way to do this other than using putty, i.e. a GUI woul…

• thanks, I wish I'd known that, it's probably what caused my problems

• update: - the clean OMV install resolved the issue with the strange device names, as expected - the data on my disk was lost, as the new OMV install did not see a filesystem there; also I could not read the disk in Windows with a linux partition reader it appears that the action of moving some files with WinSCP made the data irrecoverable.

• Quote from votdev: “Please execute the following command: Source Code (2 lines) Anyway, i've identified the display problem with the strange device names.” I run these commands but nothing happened, situation is exactly the same after reboot as well/

• thank you I will try the commands when I get home, right now I'm at work. my /dev/sda device definetely contained a filesystem, I created it with OMV (ext4), I copied files to it and I was able to access the shared folders on it before it disappeared, so something must have happened to it. if you are saying that because it is not in the returned list of the FileSystemMgmt::getList RPC then it is probable there is no file system on it, then this means the filesystem was somehow deleted or corrupe…

• so, does anybody have any idea? would a clean re-install of OMV help?

• just one more thought: I also use and have used an external HDD connected via USB which I removed and plugged in many times, even without unmounting prior to removal, and there were no problems. so I think this is a problem related to the fact that these 2 drives were fitted as internal hard drives - do not know whether this is relevant or not.

• the first device is my missing hdd the second one is the previous storage disk which I removed last one is the OMV system disk Source Code (4 lines)