Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Or people are using VPNs? ” Or it's just 'big data' as usual (a lot of data and not that much information). This is the Internet situation on St. Helena...

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Most popular search areas world wide ” Funny differences compared to download statistics (especially St. Helena!) sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ult/files/4.1.3/stats/map

• Installation on NanoPC T4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from extnction: “I have to use Ethernet cable and then find it's IP and do the nand-sata-install from web interface or ssh ” Exactly but these days there shouldn't be a need to 'find it's IP' since usually those Internet access routers implement dynamic DNS updates so you should be able to access your box using the name nanopct4. So simply connect the board to the network, insert SD card, then power on and try to access nanopct4 after waiting for a few minutes (SSH access has to be enabled…

• Installation on NanoPC T4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from extnction: “I found the official image in the download section ” So why not simply following the readme there and burn the image with Etcher (confirmed to work -- I have no idea whether anything will be displayed on a connected display since I never tested this on any RK3399 so far. OMV is working headless: nanopct4)?

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from esbeeb: “I tried a stock Armbian install (using their current version which is a little newer than yours, with a bit newer kernel), and so far I haven't had any disk errors again, when I copy files in and out of my disk on that troublesome USB port ” You can't fix hardware issues by using different software. Btrfs when reporting data corruption caused by broken USB connections is reporting stuff that happens right now (read errors 'over the wire') or already happened in the past (writ…

• Quote from Chrisjay: “But is it necessary? ” Most probably not. You can simply measure once the stuff arrived: Source Code (2 lines)The former will output SoC thermals and the latter HDD temps. I wouldn't be concerned if idle temperatures do not exceed 50°C for the SoC and 40°C for the HDD.

• Quote from mipi: “PSU ? ... I have maybe 20-30 of these power supplies in my cave , even a hc2 would have one, don't get your point! ” My whole point was that using on 'oversized' PSU wastes energy for nothing. PSUs get really inefficient in the 'below 20% load' range, that's below 12W with the 12V/5A PSU you mentioned. Such a RockPro64 with one 3.5" spinner will idle at below 8W (with appropriate settings and a disk with very low idle consumption even below 5W). So using a 12V/2.5A PSU (2A peak…

• Quote from mipi: “ROCKPro64 4GB SingleBoard Computer ROCKPro64 30mm TallProfile Heatsink ROCKPro64 MetalDesktop/NAS Casing ROCKPro64 12V 5A EUPOWER SUPPLY ROCKPro64 PCI-e toDual SATA-II Interface Card Fan for ROCKPro64Metal Desktop/NAS casing ” So you get something that even wastes energy just for annoying noise? Anyway: once you add up all the costs and add both customs and VAT you end up with something twice that expensive as an ODROID-HC2 without having any more benefits as long as it's reall…

• Quote from mipi: “is there a complaint about using intern SATA-Card instead an external USB-Cabeling? ” Nope. Internal SATA will be more reliable by design as already said (USB3-A receptacles are fragile crap in my opinion and at least I had no luck with the USB-C connector on any of my RK3399 boards so far but that's most probably related to me having bought cables too cheap). From a performance point of view there will be no difference with HDDs, see the comparison here (same setup, also RK339…

• Quote from mipi: “I think i'll give RockPRO a chance, is it possible to install the System on the eMMC-Module? ” Sure. But this is as useless as using a RockPro64 for the job in the first place. It just costs a lot more money and wastes more energy for nothing if you're still talking about a use case called 'attaching one HDD to something and accessing it through GbE' for backup. The cheapest A1 rated SD card will do the job as well and you really don't need a PCIe SATA controller since GbE will…

tkaiser - - General

Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using SMB3.11, I got this by running the "smbstatus" command ” You do not get the SMB version/dialect this way since client and server negotiate this dynamically. But since you haven't changed settings at least you're not using SMB1 then. Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using a lacklustre GbE dongle on my laptop, a TP-Link UE300 (which is better than jack squat, because it's supported in Linux whatsoever), and the fastest I've ever been able to get it to go is 40MB/sec, sustained…

• Quote from mipi: “Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ” Of course as long as - you use a good USB to SATA bridge (JMS578 for example) - you don't run into cabling/contact issues (a very 'popular' problem with USB3-A receptacles) If it's about spinning rust the used USB to SATA bridge doesn't matter that much anyway...

• One of the RPi Trading guys answered and explains the additional bits: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…ae#commitcomment-31620514 So the new behavior is documented at least there. To fix things occurrences of printf "%019d" should be replaced with printf "%021d" in both /usr/sbin/raspimon and /etc/init.d/armhwinfo is existing (this is for /var/log/raspihealth.log). With this fix applied at least on RPi 3 B+ the output can then be decoded like this: Source Code (9 lines)I don't plan on 'fixing' thi…

tkaiser - - General

Quote from esbeeb: “I think you'll be surprised to hear that on a NanoPi Neo Core 2 LTS, an external 3.5" hard drive (in a USB 3.0 enclosure with a JMS578 controller) ends up being slightly faster, over the network, than a 2.5" SATA SSD connected to the "NAS kit" accessory board ” No idea what the purpose of such a test should be (since when done appropriately the USB2 interface between host and HDD/SSD will always be the limiting bottleneck once filesystem buffers are full), also no idea why yo…

• Quote from sergiu46: “Source Code (1 line)” So for whatever reasons the RPi Trading guys changed the output of the vcgencmd get_throttled command with latest ThreadX update rendering output parsing meaningless. Well done, these guys are really great hiding the crappiness of their platform. Ah, found it: the change is by intention and implemented in their latest firmware update from 21 Sep: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…33f70659eafdcefa3b68cd7ae I don't know how to fix this since as usual everyt…

• Quote from flinkazoid: “Is there any way to get these FS to mount as I'd like to use it for an incremental TimeMachine backup ” Wrong approach. You don't need HFS+ support but POSIX compliance so simply choose between ext4 and btrfs for your data share. Netatalk will then share this filesystem via AFP (implementing the FPzzz and the needed sync calls) and OS X will then create a HFS+ sparsebundle on the network share (here the HFS+ semantics live). HFS+ support in Linux is more or less broken an…

• Quote from MacPi: “And just alike the commands it does not work, as wlan interfaces aren't supported by bridge-utils ” Believe what you want to believe and continue on layer 3 while you need to do this on layer 2. I use various SBC as wireless/Ethernet bridges (even tested on the RPi but there in a different mode for a reason) just usually not those with close to unusable Wi-Fi like the RPi (2x2 MIMO and 5GHz band is nicer)

• Quote from Thoughtfission: “What would you like me to post? ” Still Source Code (2 lines)Quote from geaves: “Etcher takes care of everything ” SD Formatter's formatting is rather useless when an image is burned directly after but it also TRIMs the SD card so doing this from time to time is a great idea.

• Quote from macom: “it might be worth a try to keep a dynamic IP ” The static IP address is configured on the DHCP server so everything's fine. Anyway, not enough information to proceed (even stuff like 'how did you burned the image?'...). The 'official' way to set up things would be Source Code (3 lines)If it still doesn't work no idea...

• If the password has not been updated maybe rootfs is read-only due to filesystem corruption (dmesg | grep only)? Did you burn the image with Etcher with active verify or in another way?