Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

• Let me recap the tests I've done, and the findings obtained: - Access to an OMV4 server using SSH terminal prompt and FTP shared folder is working fine with all Windows7, macOS, and Windows 10 operating systems. - Access to the same OMV4 server using CMB/CIFS shared folder is working fine with all Windows7 and macOS operating systems, however does not work with the Windows 10 operating system despite having followed all guidelines outlined with the HOW-TO "Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows …

• Yes, this is correct. Either using the IP address or the host name to access the OMV4 server does not work for Windows 10 Enterprise and for Windows 10 Professional. I'm just getting a pop-up window asking for authorisation, however with the right user name and password supplied, I cannot gain access to the OMV4 server. For Windows 10 Professional the workgroup is correctly set as per the quoted HOW-TO in my previous post.

• No here a recap again on my yesterday and again today accomplished findings: Access to an OMV4 server using SSH terminal prompt and FTP shared folder is working fine with all Windows7, macOS, and Windows 10 operating systems. Access to the same OMV4 server using CMB/CIFS shared folder is working fine with all Windows7 and macOS operating systems, however does not work with the Windows 10 operating system despite having followed all guidelines outlined with the HOW-TO "Connect to OMV SMB shares w…

• Yes, I can ping the OMV4 server, can SSH to it, and can also use the shared drives mounted with the FTP mechanism as described in previous post. Only the standard SMB share with Windows does not work. Can you point to the shortcut you're referring to, in case I missed something else here?

• I'm having the same issue here that with a Windows 10 client I cannot access the Samba shares of OMV4 I have followed the HOW-TO instructions "Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10" and also modified the respective "Enable insecure guest logon" registry parameters, rebooted the PC, and still no luck to access the shared drives of the OMV4 server. Have I missed anything else? Is there something that can be configured on the OMV4 side? As a workaround I'm now mounting the shares using FTP as d…

• Download old RP3 OMV images

carriba - - General

Use the URL provided above and again here for the OMV3 Raspberry Pi image file. It works for me just fine.

• I have performed a new OMV 4.x installation and have added the line contents "OMV_APT_USE_KERNEL_BACKPORTS="NO"" at the end of file "/etc/default/openmediavault". I then have fired the command "wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash" under the "root" shell prompt, and now every time I install a plugin, I'm getting the following output: Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.12) ... Updating locale files ... Updating file permissions ... Purging internal cache ... Restarting engine daemon .…

• I have added OMV_APT_USE_KERNEL_BACKPORTS="NO" in the /etc/default/openmediavault file, and this allowed a smooth installation on the command line without any errors. Thank you for the pointer !! I will check now the OMV 4 application...

• Followed the instructions under "Install OMV 4 on Debian 9 Stretch", which went fine apart from installing the "resolvconf" package beforehand, and OMV is running fine without any problems under this OS until today. I followed the "Installation of OMV Extras" guide, installed beforehand the "dirmngr" package, and fired from the command line under "root": Source Code (1 line) However, after a while, I'm getting the following output of error messages: (Hidden Content) What can or shall I do here? …

carriba - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from carriba: “please keep it intact ” Why? ” To come back again. If above proposed download is not OK, then maybe another permanent one with the remark that OMV 3 for Raspberry PI is EOL, however Debian Jessie still has LTS until June 2020 and is still getting OS updates.

carriba - - General

That's what I've done, and maybe in a rush, I must have missed the OMV 3 alternative download place in your previous post - please keep it intact if you don't mind Thanks!

carriba - - General

Sorry, for coming back on this. I'm in an urgent need of the OMV 3 image for a Raspberry Pi 2. Where can I download it now as I do not seem to find it in the usual download place

• Thank you for your suggestions! I checked the "dmesg" output and according to the logs, there seems to be no SD card corruption. The PSU (5.2V & 3.4A) I have, ought to be fine, as I have the same using for other RPI devices no kernel panics yet experienced on any of the devices. All external disks plugged are powered by separate PSUs, thus I expect no current drain from the RPI device itself. This said, I like your "raspimon" script, and have installed and running, and keep an eye on the statist…

• Today, I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get -y upgrade" on an existing Raspberry Pi server with Rasbpian Jessie as the underlying OS that I'm using as a NAS box with OMV 3.0.99. Rebooted the device and connected with SSH and after a couple of minutes, I'm getting kernel panic error messages as outlined with attached transcript file forum.openmediavault.org/index…0c1b6e11b4aa104654d56c99d and the device freezes or comes to a complete standstill. Have to unplug the PSU and then …

• OMV 3 under Raspbian Jessie works for fine for the purposes you're describing here as an FTP server. You can donwload its image file and flash it into SD card. In my case also get the PlexMediaServer running fine. I have not tried the installation of OpenCloud for OMV yet, however skimming through the documentation, it ought to be independent of the version of OMV.

• Resolved the issue by removing the "root" pointer in the environment variable $PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR in the file "/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service", and then removed the "Codecs link loop" found after the installation. It seems to be working for now, and right: never update a running platform. Thank you for all the pointers and guidance above, much appreciated!

• Thank you for the pointer above. I went even further and fired the following command: sudo apt-get -y install openmediavault-omvextrasorg which indeed did install the package, and when launching the OMV Web GUI, I can see the the "System -> OMV-Extras" panel now.

• I rebooted the server again and have executed the command gpg --recv-keys EDEE7D73 && gpg --export EDEE7D73 | sudo apt-key add - which provides the output gpg: requesting key EDEE7D73 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net gpg: key EDEE7D73: "OpenMediaVault Plugin Developers <plugins@omv-extras.org>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 OK which seems to be OK, as I've done above step already before. Now, launching again the command "sudo apt-get update", it shows the following o…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why do you add the key? The omv-extras package exists to add the key and repos. ” I need to add the key to update the apt-get repository for the OMV Extras Plugins that I'm adding with the command sudo sh -c 'echo "deb packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-kralizec.list' Otherwise, the "sudo apt-get update" always fails with the error message explained above. It always worked fine in the past for me when doing a new install…

• When I add the the OMV Extras plugins repository, I usually use the commands: gpg --recv-keys EDEE7D73 && gpg --export EDEE7D73 | sudo apt-key add - or sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73 However, whgen I run the command "sudo apt-get update", I'm getting the following error message: [...] Fetched 4,327 B in 11s (362 B/s) Reading package lists... Done W: GPG error: packages.omv-extras.org erasmus InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the p…