Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• update omv3 to omv4

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Remove the hwraid repo from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list. It doesn't exist in OMV 4.x.

• Quote from badda: “In case of system failure I would not have a system to dd with, only my Windows Laptop with Etcher. ” Your windows laptop can probably boot Linux. Quote from badda: “Can you elaborate a bit on what I'm supposed to to to use omv-backup? ” Write the mbr image that the plugin creates to the sd card to create the boot sector and partition table and then write the os image to the partition.

• Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was planning to put OMV on production but I need to reconsider that - previously I was thinking of FreeNas - which of course have ability to backup and restore config. Omg I can't believe that programmers of OMV didn't think of creating/restoring config…

• Quote from badda: “omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error ” Why? If you use the dd option, you would only have to dd two files back to the sd card.

• Quote from topi: “The reason behind is that the application ABC should be stopped while its data are backed up due to data consistency reasons. ” Thanks. That is an excellent reason for the scripts. Didn't think of that.

• Quote from votdev: “You can install the archive key and install it. ” true

• Quote from votdev: “I can't confirm that, the vagrant box is using exactly the same script as the guide in the forum. ” The vagrant Buster image must have extra packages and/or repos then. I'm quite familiar with installing OMV and it doesn't work with a base Buster install

• Quote from topi: “May I ask for placing a feature request for this feature: add the possibility to configure pre and post execution scripts (cmd_postexec and cmd_preexec) in the rsnapshot plugin? ” Sure. Can I ask what your use case is? Quote from topi: “worth for the devs to spend some time on it. ” I wish there was more than one dev

• Quote from votdev: “You are not using the OMV package repo ” Myself and a couple others had the same problem. Is there another repo other than what is in your OMV 5 install guide? And speaking of that, you can't add a repo without it being trusted and install a package from it. So, adding the repo to install the keyring package won't work anymore. wget/dpkg is probably a better method unless you want to put trusted in the repo line (I don't). Or even do what I do with omv-extras and write an she…

• My docker died

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from itsmyst: “Does OMV run regular docker or docker-compose? ” docker. docker-compose is just a script but is not installed by the plugin.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “dpkg -i (above) still didn't work. It wouldn't install with a note about two files not being in the path or executable. ” When you su to root, you need to do su - to include the environment variables and paths. Doesn't matter anyway since there are dependencies that are not able to be satisfied. Volker will need to update the salt and php-pam packages.

• No. The plugin would require a change for that.

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from macom: “That is what I did In a VM ” For testing, I think it is fine but I would want Volker to change his guide to do this

• Read floppies directly from OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Rickboy333: “But these commands will just make the floppy read or write on the fileserver itself right? What I really want is to put the floppy inside a drive and than go to my modern PC and open de floppy drive just like how I can open a USB stick via OMV. ” Yes, they will only allow you to read/write on the fileserver. If you create a shared folder, you could change the mount point to be a folder inside the shared folder (ie /sharedfolders/newshare/floppy). I assume it would work bu…

• Virtualbox VNC Issue

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from marcsgirall: “Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install? ” No. Login as root wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/vb/virtualbox-dkms_5.2.22-dfsg-2_all.deb wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/vb/virtualbox_5.2.22-dfsg-2_amd64.deb dpkg -i virtualbox-dkms_5.2.22-dfsg-2_all.deb virtualbox_5.2.22-dfsg-2_amd64.deb

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “Well that didn't work out very well. While going through the script process..... ” Volker's OMV5 instructions will probably have to change since you can't add a repo without a key (unless you put trusted in the repo line but that is bad idea) and actually install packages from it. So, download and install the key first: wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault-keyring/openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.d…

• Virtualbox VNC Issue

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from marcsgirall: “So I’ve been trying to find the ConsoleImpl.cpp file to patch & I can’t for the life of me find it in the plugin version of VBox. ” As I posted in the other thread about this, I built the packages and put them here - omv-extras.org/testing/vb/

• Read floppies directly from OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Rickboy333: “But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver?” Sure but not via the OMV web interface. You would do it just like any other Linux box. Assuming the disk was formatted on Windows and one floppy drive, you would: mkdir /mnt/floppy mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy Quote from Rickboy333: “a USB FDD is not a option. Too unreliable and I already have 2 that don't work properly/reliably. ” Interesting... I have two of them and they work gr…

• Duplicati plugin Suggestion

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

While I agree it probably could use some improvement, I don't plan on porting it to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker. The plugin isn't much more than an enable button anyway. So, you could start using the docker now and get the customization you want. Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• OMV 4 Zoneminder

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from peram: “does not work with the proposed docker for arm ... docker: koenkk / rpi-zoneminder ” What kind of system are you using?