Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Plex datbase location

gderf - - Off-Topic

Well, I no longer use the OMV Plex plugin, having moved onto dockers. But having the database location grayed out and unselectable is concerning. You might try removing the plugin and installing it again, but this may have the side effect of trashing your existing database, which I would not worry about. If uninstalling it and reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem, you might consider moving onto docker. Finding your existing database should be easy enough in the shell by running: sudo update…

• Quote from Kai: “Quote from gderf: “I have used these SSDs for years. ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&…=0&_odkw=16tb+ssd+samsung ” Doesn't it bother you to buy someone else's stuff??? I am always a little hesitant to buy something used and get stuck with a bad purchase. Buying NEW on Ebay doesn't have the same affect on me; I'm okay with NEW stuff from Ebay. Does 16GB give me enough room for anything relative to OMV4, Plex, etc ??? Will Plex be running off of the 16GB SSD or one of the NAS drives?…

• When you installed Debian 9 how did you do it, and what partitioning choices did you make? When you installed Debian 9 you should have done so with manual partitioning and left a big part of the disk unused by Debian. Then you could create another partition from that space that OMV would see as another disk device for user data.

• I have used these SSDs for years. ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&…=0&_odkw=16tb+ssd+samsung

• Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was planning to put OMV on production but I need to reconsider that - previously I was thinking of FreeNas - which of course have ability to backup and restore config. Omg I can't believe that programmers of OMV didn't think of creating/restoring config…

• Downloads not working for torrents

gderf - - Plugins

I don't use Sonarr to its fullest capabilities so I can't offer any hints. I only have it set up to push the torrents it finds to a seedbox in Europe and I have to manually download the files from there into the directories I want them stored in.

gderf - - Plugins

In your docker settings under Volumes and bind mounts you have this which uses an OMV defined shared folder: Host path = /sharedfolders/Downloads I would have it this way using the actual absolute path: Host path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Tracer/Downloads

• Quote from akurzawa: “How to backup OMV configuation to restore settings after disaster recvery? Case: OMV installation is destoyed, I've all the data on separate partition, I want to quickly install fresh OMV from DVD and restore config for network, shares etc. so I can get the system up and running ” There is no way to backup an OMV "configuration" and apply it to a new fresh install. What you should be doing is backing up the entire OMV system disk, and restoring that backup to an empty disk.

gderf - - Plugins

Very nice job on the screenshots, all in one place. What hardware platform are you running on and which deluge docker are you using? In your Deluge Network settings you can not use random incoming ports. You must specify at least one port and that port must be forwarded from your router to your OMV IP address. Also use Host networking in the docker settings, not bridge. You should use an port checker to verify that this is working. Try Source Code (1 line) (I use a paid for SOCKS5 proxy in my De…

gderf - - Plugins

That setting is still there. See attached pic. You are using an incorrect download path. You are trying to use a host path in there and you need to use a container path. Post the screenshot of your Modify container screen Environment variables and Volume and bind mounts sections. Then post your Deluge Preferences | Downloads section.

gderf - - Plugins

In Deluge you can use the Test Active port tool found in Preferences | Network. You must have working forwarded ports that are accessible from the outside internet or downloads will not work. In the docker, Host mode networking would be a better choice.

• The OMV UnionFS plugin uses mergerfs. You should read and understand what mergerfs is and is not. See: github.com/trapexit/mergerfs

• That drive is mounted noexec which breaks the transcoder. Fix it as follows: Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml Edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and look in the <fstab> section for the <mntent> subsection that applies to that drive. On the <opts> line change noexec to exec and save the file. As root in the shell run the following command: omv-mkconf fstab Look at /etc/fstab again and verify that noexec was changed to exec. Run the following command as root or reboot the mach…

• Quote from Joe86: “It's /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/plexmediaserver ” The most likely explanation is that hard drive is not mounted exec capable. Is it? Post your /etc/fstab file contents if you are not sure.

• What is the location of your Plex Library Database?

• cloning

gderf - - General

You should use specific versions of Gparted or Clonezilla that are on bootable USB.

• The disk must appear in OMV's Storage | Disks panel, must also appear in OMV's Storage | File Systems panel, and from there you can select it and attempt to mount it.

• Plex plugin installation fails

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from 5k18a: “Plex was working fine for a long time, and 2 days ago I got Transcoder error on my Shield TV and WEB Player. I tried to reinstall few times and struggled with same issue like others, and finally this last 4 steps helped me. Which was quite odd even the docker version of Plex had a transcoder errors. Thanks guys! ” Regardless of whether you run Plex in a docker, via the OMV plugin, or you install it by hand, the metadatabase directory must be located on a drive that is mounted …

• access with SSH

gderf - - General

Logging in via ssh as root is generally disabled by default. You can log in as an ordinary user and su to root instead. If you still wish to be able to login to ssh as root, once you have become root via su or sudo you can edit the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config and set a line like so: PermitRootLogin yes Then restart sshd

• What are the actual filesystem permissions of the directory?