Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from randomthoughts: “I created a partition (/dev/sda3) which I intended OMV to use. I'd have to Google how to remove it, but do you think that OMV would now see the free space as available to it? ” You need to create the file system from the CLI. Then OMV should be able to mount the filesystem

• Quote from hanscie: “but it seems that all plugins fail to load ” What does that mean? Do you mean that the plugins do not show up in the GUI? Or do you get some error messages. In any case, why don't you install OMV4? OMV3 is end of life.

• Quote from Kai: “It ran through its paces and finally ended up stopping at the [login] dos prompt. ” What you see is the CLI. You need to enter "root" as user and the password you created when you set up the installation. Admin is just for login in the GUI.

• Locale errors

macom - - General

Glad it worked for you

• Check that the folder does not contain anything you need. Then remove it with rm -r /srv/<name-of-folder>. Be careful. There is no (easy and secure) way back.

• Duplicati plugin Suggestion

macom - - Plugins

Not an official one, but if you follow the video from technodadlife, you should end up with a working configuration Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• on idea: if you run a rsync job and the target drive is not there, a folder will be created instead of the mount point and the data will be written to the OS drive in this folder. Maybe this happened in your case. Than there might be a folder in /srv/ which has the same name as the drive you removed, So you could ssh to your server and check if there is such a folder in /srv

• Quote from telijah: “If I simply delete the shared folder from the gui, the actual contents of the folder are still there, right? ” When you delete a folder from the GUI you have two options: 1// delete share only 2// delete share and data (this is what you do not want). However, just in case, you should always have a backup of your data Quote from telijah: “And thus I should have no problem simply recreating the share, using the same name etc? ” Yes. When creating the new shares, you can naviga…

• OMV and storage on one drive?

macom - - General

Probably you have to ask the provider how to setup OMV in this environment.

• OMV and storage on one drive?

macom - - General

Quote from randomthoughts: “Is this the case? ” In principle, yes. However there is a workaround. You can resize the OS partition and create a file system on the gained space (from CLI). Then you can mount the new file system from GUI. No idea, how this works in your case, though. I do not know SoYouStart.

• Quote from KM0201: “I'm not sure I'd call it a failure, but I agree there does need to be a way to restore your configuration. ” And there will be in OMV5 Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1)

• The Class E Network

macom - - Off-Topic

Quote from ryecoaaron: “unless you put trusted in the repo line but that is bad idea ” That is what I did In a VM

• 1. Install OMV-extras (if it is not installed already; if you used the images for OMV from sourceforge it is already installed) 2. enable Docker-CE repo 3. Install the Docker-GUI plugin

• Installation under Linux Mint

macom - - General

In a virtual machine: yes Otherwise it is not recommended to install OMV parallel to a desktop environment. And Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, whereas OMV uses Debian. So you better start with a fresh install.

• Docker and FHEM

macom - - General

Quote from mipi: “in german we say "hochnäsig" , don't know how to translate it ” dict.leo.org/german-english/hochn%C3%A4sig I like "toffee-nosed" best

• Hilfe für Newbie

macom - - General

Hattest du (eigentlich der Server ) bei der Installation Verbindung zum Internet?

• Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam

macom - - Network

Oder hier: Solutions to common problems Problem #5.

• Win 10 1803 SMB sehr langsam

macom - - Network

Hast mal hier gesucht? CIFS/SMB

• Kann keine Backportskernel installieren

macom - - General

Quote from Drake008: “Habe das entsprechende DEB file runtergeladen ” Das ist doch gar nicht erforderlich. Quote from Drake008: “versuche nun Backports auf enabled zu stellen ” Durch Auswahl im Backports drop down menue in OMV-extras, richitg? Vielleicht schon installiert? Welche Kernel Version wird denn unter System Information angezeigt? Hast du schon mal apt-clean ausbrobiert?

• Kann keine Backportskernel installieren

macom - - General

Versuch mal, ob es hilft, den Browser Cache zu leeren.