Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from mkc2lr: “The new image contains two linux partitions, anything wrong with the image? ” Nope. There is no need for a FAT partition (the ODROIDs are not a RPi, only there FAT is needed) and as such there is just an ext4 boot partition and the rootfs is a compressed btrfs. The image works well on thousands of ODROIDs. When you talk about 'blue LED blinks double' does this mean it's a constant blinking? Did you follow the instructions at the download page that talk about a needed network/…

• Quote from badda: “Source Code (1 line)” The problem with this attempt (or any use of dd or other tools running below the filesystem layer) is that the created image will most probably contain a lot of junk due to the way filesystems implement deletion: only marking contents as being deleted now while still containing all previous data. Therefore I would at least once execute the following in your running OMV install: Source Code (1 line)This will zero out all unused space and a resulting compre…

• Quote from macom: “Only with the amd64 ” Yeah, there it will work by following the instructions and installing/updating GRUB will do the trick. But by looking at the situation with SBC and each and every ARM SoC family implementing a very own boot procedure I doubt the omv-backup plugin provides the prerequisite for a successful restore. We need to differentiate between RPi (basing not on an ARM but a VideoCore SoC) and all the other SBC where SPL (secondary program loader) and u-boot need to be…

• Quote from macom: “How to restore from an omv-backup? ” Have you tried a restore with any SBC yourself already?

• Quote from randomthoughts: “Linux locker.trisect.eu 4.9.2-armada375 ” That's really bad. Kernel 4.9 is an LTS kernel and currently at version 4.9.145 released two days ago. The kernel your OMV instance is using hasn't been patched for over 23 months now so you're missing most probably already well above 1,000 fixes (many of them security related -- that's the purpose of LTS kernels -- once the active kernel development moves on only important fixes are backported -- 4.10 has been released 21 mon…

• Quote from randomthoughts: “SoYouStart storage server ” Just out of curiosity: Is this one of their ARM based offerings? If so I would really love to see the output of Source Code (2 lines)And one question pops up: if this is some storage server somewhere on the Internet... what's the purpose of NFS shares?

• Quote from geaves: “Then if a user came up with a problem on a Pi, because this is not going to go away, they can be pointed to ” That's nice for those people having fun spending their time on the forum and answering the same questions again and again. But not really helpful for those people who not visit the forum and ask (more than 2000 downloads per week for the RPi image -- how many of these users turn up here?) I would prefer to help users avoid losing or corrupting their data by disabling …

• Quote from hanscie: “Network/firewall problem detected ” Your box has no Internet access and the installation contains some quite old tools. So it seems you never updated Debian/OMV and I would assume that's related to the problems you face. The readme.txt at the download location clearly states: Source Code (1 line)

• Quote from hanscie: “So I figured the souces.list would be worng or something like that ” Quote from hanscie: “once selected to install A whole bunch of errors occur... ” As @macom said 'a bit' more information is needed to diagnose this. On the ARM based images usually you can provide debug info by executing Source Code (1 line)via an SSH shell. When I created the image back then I tested it as usual but have to admit I did no extensive testing wrt plugins/extras (since why... it's the same sof…

• Quote from geaves: “So you're implying I'm misleading the OP ” Sorry, misunderstanding. It was only about why people start to even think about RAID-1. It's the most useless RAID mode of all and totally useless with such unreliable hardware like any RPi. It doesn't provide any benefits other than availability which again is a joke with unreliable hardware like those RPi. But it doesn't help that 'we' know that RAID is not backup and that the 'RAID-1 behind USB' kind of redundancy is just fooling …

• Quote from geaves: “another option is to plug the drives into a powered usb hub ” Please not if the drives attached to this hub should build a RAID array. Putting an USB hub in between is recipe for disaster and/or data corruption (and there is always one or even 2 internal USB hubs on any RPi). And the primitive mdraid-1 doesn't even allow to detect for data corruption until it's way too late. I asked @votdev already over a year ago whether we can simply disable all this RAID stuff if the platf…

• Quote from macom: “why don't you install OMV4? ” Since he uses one of those SBC that receive no proper support from the vendor: sourceforge.net/projects/openm…lt/files/Odroid%20images/ Hardkernel has no interest in providing a newer kernel for this board so it will remain at a 3.10 kernel and therefore OMV3 for some time. Some 3rd parties are active around Amlogic hardware and funnily Martin Blumenstingl (very active kernel developer with Amlogic focus) bought my ODROID-C1+ one year ago so there…

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Or people are using VPNs? ” Or it's just 'big data' as usual (a lot of data and not that much information). This is the Internet situation on St. Helena...

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Most popular search areas world wide ” Funny differences compared to download statistics (especially St. Helena!) sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ult/files/4.1.3/stats/map

• Installation on NanoPC T4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from extnction: “I have to use Ethernet cable and then find it's IP and do the nand-sata-install from web interface or ssh ” Exactly but these days there shouldn't be a need to 'find it's IP' since usually those Internet access routers implement dynamic DNS updates so you should be able to access your box using the name nanopct4. So simply connect the board to the network, insert SD card, then power on and try to access nanopct4 after waiting for a few minutes (SSH access has to be enabled…

• Installation on NanoPC T4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from extnction: “I found the official image in the download section ” So why not simply following the readme there and burn the image with Etcher (confirmed to work -- I have no idea whether anything will be displayed on a connected display since I never tested this on any RK3399 so far. OMV is working headless: nanopct4)?

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from esbeeb: “I tried a stock Armbian install (using their current version which is a little newer than yours, with a bit newer kernel), and so far I haven't had any disk errors again, when I copy files in and out of my disk on that troublesome USB port ” You can't fix hardware issues by using different software. Btrfs when reporting data corruption caused by broken USB connections is reporting stuff that happens right now (read errors 'over the wire') or already happened in the past (writ…

• Quote from Chrisjay: “But is it necessary? ” Most probably not. You can simply measure once the stuff arrived: Source Code (2 lines)The former will output SoC thermals and the latter HDD temps. I wouldn't be concerned if idle temperatures do not exceed 50°C for the SoC and 40°C for the HDD.

• Quote from mipi: “PSU ? ... I have maybe 20-30 of these power supplies in my cave , even a hc2 would have one, don't get your point! ” My whole point was that using on 'oversized' PSU wastes energy for nothing. PSUs get really inefficient in the 'below 20% load' range, that's below 12W with the 12V/5A PSU you mentioned. Such a RockPro64 with one 3.5" spinner will idle at below 8W (with appropriate settings and a disk with very low idle consumption even below 5W). So using a 12V/2.5A PSU (2A peak…

• Quote from mipi: “ROCKPro64 4GB SingleBoard Computer ROCKPro64 30mm TallProfile Heatsink ROCKPro64 MetalDesktop/NAS Casing ROCKPro64 12V 5A EUPOWER SUPPLY ROCKPro64 PCI-e toDual SATA-II Interface Card Fan for ROCKPro64Metal Desktop/NAS casing ” So you get something that even wastes energy just for annoying noise? Anyway: once you add up all the costs and add both customs and VAT you end up with something twice that expensive as an ODROID-HC2 without having any more benefits as long as it's reall…