Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 122.

• Traffic only incoming.

whitetiger - - General

My OVM is 4.1.14-1 version It is Installed as Virtual Machine in VMWare Workstation 15. I'm working in a test lab environment. The VM is in a Host-Only segment of LAN with IP Address 192.168.3.15 In this segment there is a firewall with IP 192.168.3.1 If on this VM (of the firewall) I do ping 192.168.3.15 I have an answer. If I do on the VM of OVM ping 192.168.3.1 I have the answer "100% packet lost" Obviously I can not access the Internet, for example to make updates. I can not diagnose the pro…

• How to clean recycle

whitetiger - - General

Despite having empty shared folders, I have a lot of GBs busy on the file system. I think they are related to baskets that have not been emptied by cancellations. How can I empty them, from console or from web client?

• TeamViewer Host. Only Console?

whitetiger - - Plugins

Quote from raulfg3: “yes, is only to access to console, not to webGUI. to webGUI use http or yournasIP ” Right, but from LAN or with VPN. From Internet it's impossible without TeamViewer or other similar tool

whitetiger - - Plugins

OK thanks. But I want to use TeamViewer Host plugin and wanted to know if it is right that makes only access to the console or if I have to turn a few options.

whitetiger - - Plugins

Sorry, but the TeamViewer host plugin is only for the console? How can I connect to the GUI?

• I did not understand your suggestion. Do I have to create a user in Windows with the same name used in OVM? Filezilla server runs as a Windows service, how do I assign this service to this user?

• Perhaps I think I have identified the problem On a shared folder there are user rights, but how does a service or program have the same rights? A service or a program that runs on another server / PC, Windows in this case

• I have a Microsoft Server 2016 with FileZilla Server installed It must be on this server, I can not move it. The Microsoft server has an OMV shared folder where other programs write files. The FTP server needs access to this folder, but I can not. On the other hand, FileZilla can obviously easily access a folder on server's hard disk where users do not have access rights. At this point I can not say if it is Filezilla Server that can only see the folders on its disk or if it is a problem of inco…

• Error in repository

whitetiger - - General

Adding "deb openmediavault.github.io/packages/ DISTRIBUTION main" I get the error: Err openmediavault.github.io DISTRIBUTION/main amd64 Packages The requested URL returned error: 404 I've tried also with the word "distribution" in lowercase

• OMV doesn't resolve names

whitetiger - - Network

Solved! I found this thread. But I did not understand that what I did wrong. I've modified address with Web Admin and in omv-firstaid. Why do I have to manually change the resolv.conf?

whitetiger - - Network

Quote from omavoss: “Please try omv-firstaid and reconfigure the network interface. ” No, always "ping: unknown host google.com", both with DHCP or Static IP address. Instead "ping 8.8.8.8" is OK. I've also tried to connect OMV directly to the router with DHCP, bypassing the firewall. Same result.

whitetiger - - Network

I'm not able to resolve names, for example ping google.com or traceroute google.com. OMV is visible in the LAN and OMV see the other PC. These are able to resolve Internet names. Gateway is to IP of the firewall. For DNS I've tried: 1. IP Firewall 2. IP Firewall and Google DNS 3. Only Google DNS

• Unable to install OMV on Debian

whitetiger - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ I disagree that it is not the best solution. If you are re-installing because of problems, then you are doing something wrong. You need a backup. ” Matter of principle I agree with you, but if the problems are related to an upgrade went wrong and if this happens several times in a few months, I can not stop every time everything for hours with a restore. In any case, IMHO, we are all starting from a wrong point. The question is very simple: today, even SSD disks have lar…

whitetiger - - General

Forgive me all of you, but you still do not answer me. OMV installing directly on a single hard drive, I can still create shared folders and use it entirely? Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from whitetiger: “So if I do not want to waste 1TB, I must first install Debian, then OMV on Debian” No. You can resize the partition and create another one using gparted.” OK, this is a first solution, but unfortunately it is not the best solution. In the last six months, after an OMV update, there have been v…

whitetiger - - General

Quote from subzero79: “ The whole idea of a separate system disk if is that the OS goes wrong you have to only reinstall and having separate data disks means there is no risk of losing that data by overwriting/wiping the partition with the installer.” And so we return to the starting point. Two disks or two partitions? Currently OMV is with a single partition that it takes the entire disk. So if I do not want to waste 1TB, I must first install Debian, then OMV on Debian

whitetiger - - General

One moment, please! In the instructions to install directly OMV is clearly written that all space is reserved for OMV. So, If after installing OMV on a 1TB drive and I can still create shared folders on this disk, then the space is NOT wasted! If the disk is used only by the system, then it is mandatory to install OMV on a smaller disk (now impossible to find) or FIRST to install Debian, and THEN to install OMV on this disk. In this way I can partition the disk in appropriate ways. But if this i…

whitetiger - - General

In another message I asked if it was possible to use VirtualBox in OMV for an application and with the answers seemed like there were more problems than solutions. To install directly OMV is not possible because the disk is 500GB and we can not waste all this space. At what point is the development of OMV 3.0? There is an estimated date, although approximate, of its release? With version 3.0 we can install OMV on a hard disk without wasting space 1TB?

whitetiger - - General

I've installed OMV, but now I've other errors with plugins (after installing omvextra) Source Code (16 lines)

whitetiger - - General

Thank you. I followed the guide, but these instructions there are not: How to Install OpenMediaVault over Debian Now I've the Postix Configuration. What should I choose? No configuration? Internet Site? Then there are questions about other options? There is an updated and complete guide?

whitetiger - - General

I'm installing OMV on last version of Debian Wheezy. Source Code (4 lines) I've created /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list with: Source Code (1 line) Then: Source Code (3 lines) but I get this error Source Code (2 lines) What I wrong?