Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

• Monitor Fault

Qwerty - - General

I have recently installed a fresh copy of OMV (vs4) and immediately after the installation completed I got the following error at boot time: kernel: [1950.194408] [drm:radeon_vga_detect [radeon]] *ERROR* VGA-1: probed a monitor but no|invalid EDID. When the system is booting it gets stuck on this error over and over again in an endless loop while it keeps retrying and appears to not complete the boot process, however it seems to be otherwise working in that I am able to access shares over the ne…

• DLNA install

Qwerty - - Plugins

Thanks. Cryptic is an understatement.... I've been getting that error for nearly 3 years with no help in finding out what it is. Why it thinks I am spamming is anybody's guess. I access all my media from Windows, Android, Linux and a proprietary TV OS. I'm not a big proponent of doing anything that requires setting up accounts but accept it is necessary sometimes. Thus, Plex is not for me amd it is more than I need. I just samba/Windows shares to access everything. It generally all works well. I…

• Missing Drives

Qwerty - - General

Hi. It doesn't make sense to me either. Yes, I installed OMV 4 from scratch (I didn't remove the original corrupt version) which I assume formatted the OS drive. Anyway, unlike the earlier attempt I got no errors this time, the install went to plan. I obviously had to set all the drives up again which was successful for all the others but the 2 in question. OMV knows they are there yet says they are missing and I cannot gain any access to them to use them. I think after the install OMV lists all…

• DLNA

Qwerty - - Plugins

Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes, I had OMV-Extras.org on my original version but the version I have didn't work after I upgraded and I found it quite difficult to get it up & running again, but I now have it all working again. I looked at Emby and Plex but they don't do what I want, just a simple DLNA without accounts and frills. MiniDLNA works for me, even though I am not a great fan of DLNA. I prefer a path to a folder that I can set up manually but it's not always possible to do this. PS. W…

• Missing Drives

Qwerty - - General

OK. Following my previous query about access to drives failing, I downgraded from v4 back to 3 which failed badly. I now have a fresh install of v4 from scratch and have a whole new problem. Everything appears to be working OK with the exception of 2 hard drives which were previously working but are now listed as "missing". They are not missing but I have lost the ability to make them function. On the attached clips, OMV6 shows the error from the log file. OMV1 shows what I am seeing in File Sys…

• DLNA install

Qwerty - - Plugins

I recently upgraded from version 2 where I had successfully installed MiniDLNA, to version 3. I cannot see any way to reinstall MiniDLNA nor does Googling it come up with anything useful by way of instructions. Plugins does not seem to contain any DLNA facility which seems a bit odd for a product named Open Media Vault. How do I get DLNA back on? It doesn't have to be MiniDLNA but I am not interested in Plex, just a simple DLNA plugin will do nicely. I was also wondering if there was a plugin to…

• Losing access to OMV

Qwerty - - General

Denies me access to files/no permissions. I thought I clarified that. Actually, I'll put this on hold for now as I tried to downgrade back to version 3 (stable) and it all went crazy. Nothing is working. I'm going to reinstall v3 from scratch and see what happens. I'm not sure how to close this.

• Losing access to OMV

Qwerty - - General

I have had a problem for the past 3 years with my OMV server (2 different versions) in that after it has been on for a while it denies me access. I cannot transfer any files in either direction. My (7) drives all check out as good (no SMART errors), I have drives ranging from 1TB up to 4TBs, Seagate & WD. I keep my OMV up to date. The error message I receive states that I do not have permissions. Well, i did up until it told me I didn't. It is a daily occurrence and my workaround is just to rest…

• Missing Data on Hard Drives

Qwerty - - General

I have been using OMV for 3-4 years and in use it runs well up until the errors I am experiencing. I tried to sort this out through the forum a couple of years ago but got nowhere so left it and put up with the issues but it is time to have another go as I am having a spate of problems. My OMV is up-to-date (ran updates last week) but I have had the problems since a previous build. So it has been playing up for a little over 2 years. 1. Whenever I shut OMV down I get an error message which tells…

• Hi. Sorry, I don't know what that means. I had a look at the link but that's for people that know more than I do. I'm using the current release of OMV - that's all I know. As this problem has been going on for 2 versions of OMV that is well over a year. Neither of the 2 drives have changed their behaviour in any way and the problem doesn't get any worse or better, it just doesn't go away. One drive is 4TB and the other is in fact 2 x 1TB drives striped RAID, so they have nothing in common and ma…

• I don't think so. It has been doing this well over a year and now another one has joined it. I have done extensive testing and the drives come up clean. There are no SMART errors.

• No access to hard drives

Qwerty - - General

OMV v2.2.13. Since the previous version of OMV I have had an issue with one drive (a 4TB drive) rejecting access. Windows 10 says I have no permissions to access the drive which of course is not true. I have several smaller drives on this computer and they all function well. While I am able to read the 4TB drive there is always a 10 second delay while the alphabetical order sorts it self out then it remains OK for a few hours until it then has to sort the alphabetical order out again. Every 4 we…

• 1. Among the many drives I have attached to my 2.2.13 OMV computer, there is a 4TB HDD which works almost normally most of the time but every 3-4 weeks it throws up an error saying I don't have permissions to access the drive via a network share set up. It also has a minor issue with initial opening of the drive (when I can access it) in that none of the files are in alphabetical order and take a few seconds to correct this. None of the other drives do this so I don't know if the larger capacity…

• OMV not displaying folder contents

Qwerty - - General

I am using OMV v2.2.13. On this version and the previous version I have had a problem with a 4TB HDD not functioning correctly randomly. By this I mean it allows me to transfer files normally for 2 - 3 weeks or so and then when I try it again I get an error saying I don't have permissions to make the transfer, which of course is nonsense. The other behaviour that occurs on this drive is when I first access it normally through my network shares, the folders are not in alphabetical order and it ta…

• OMV shares on NTFS not working properly

Qwerty - - General

I'm starting a new thread as the old one dried up. I have both EXT4 and NTFS file systems in my OMV NAS. The EXT4 drives are working fine but I want to leave the NTFS drives as they are due to the huge amount of data involved and the length of time it would take to transfer it all off and then back. The NTFS shares are only showing the top level directory (the one I have shared) but not the hundreds of sub-directories inside. These folders should be recursive in that if I share the top level fol…

• Faults on new install

Qwerty - - General

OK, Ive just tried to get the NAS ready but I now have a more pressing problem. It gets about two thirds of the way through loading and then it starts terminating everything, completely reversing the boot procedure. I can see it shuts down in a controlled manner but this is a new development and something I will have to correct before you can remote in. Sorry for the hassle. Is anybody there still? OK, it seems to be working again. I ran a 6 hour full diagnostic and stress test and it passed eve…

• Faults on new install

Qwerty - - General

Not a problem David. How does Teamviewer work on the NAS? I've done it many times on a PC but the NAS is different.

• Faults on new install

Qwerty - - General

Hi David. No I didn't check in the CLI as I can see in the GUI the amount of disk usage is the same as it was in Windows. Nothing has changed with these NTFS disks other than they are now in an OMV machine. They are clearly shared as the shares appear on my network, there is just nothing in them whereas all my shared files appear on my other 2 OMV NTFS drives. I should say that I can copy and delete files to the NTFS disks over my network, but still cannot see the existing files.

• Faults on new install

Qwerty - - General

OK, thanks. I have done more today and there is nothing wrong with the system disk. It had been running Windows without issue for 2 years and diagnostic tests say the drive is 100%. Anyway, I fixed the shares issue this morning which now only leaves one problem. All the NTFS volumes come up empty. I can see the data usage with the existing NTFS file system but in Windows there is nothing showing in any of the shares. My other 2 OMV machines show NTFS without issue. I would like to move the NTFS …

• Faults on new install

Qwerty - - General

<p>A 160GB SATA drive. It's a very vague question you are asking.</p>